PDA

View Full Version : Montana gains 3 star TE because he waited to long.

Ronbo
February 1st, 2006, 12:38 PM
Rob Overton had offers from Nebraska, Georgia Tech, and Idaho. But he held out looking for more Pac 10 offers and those schools filled their rosters and backed out on him. It isn't too smart to hold out too long I guess.

Hello Montana!

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1770157

Overton says he is comfortable with his decision to sign with Montana
Last fall, Moreau Catholic tight end Rob Overton was rated as the 66th best player in the Rivals preseason California Top 100 rankings. His recruitment took an unexpected turn when after being being recruited by schools from throughout the country, the offers dried up but resurfaced again, and now Overton has committed to play in the Big Sky conference next season.

On his visit last weekend, Overton decided he had found his school and committed to play for the Montana Grizzlies. Overton said he really enjoyed his visit and decided to commit on Sunday.

"I liked the setting and the coaching staff was really nice," said Overton.

Overton said he was looking for a school that he felt good about and that had a solid football program. Montana has also told Overton he will play as a true freshman. Overton has the modern-day tight end body, standing at 6-foot-6 and weighing in at 230 pounds. However, he said he would like to be at 240-245 pounds at the next level.

Overton has the skills to be a complete tight end as he reaches his potential. "I'm very versatile," said Overton. "I can come inside and block and make big plays down the field." Overton went on to say that right now, he is more of a receiving threat than a blocker.

Throughout the process, Overton accumulated four offers, but Montana was the only real choice for him in the last few days. Although his recruitment was stressful, according to Overton, he feels comfortable in his decision with the Grizzles.

The 17th ranked player in the NorCal Top 50 was recruited by Montana safeties coach Tim Hauck.

This is from an article earlier this year:

Currently, Overton only holds the offer from Nebraska and he has for quite some time. He informed me, however, that Georgia Tech has sent an offer and he is expecting it any day. Nebraska has been sure to keep up with the correspondence sending Overton a good number of handwritten letters from the coaching staff. So what have the Cornhusker head honchos been writing him about? “Just that they hope to be in touch soon and make sure to get stuff done,” he said. Nebraska wants to make sure Rob has all of his grades and information available once they come to visit.

jmuroller
February 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
He WAS a 3 star recruit. Now that he signed with a 1AA they will drop him. Amazing how these "experts" work.

SochorField
February 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM
....Tell me about it

lucchesicourt
February 1st, 2006, 01:15 PM
who cares about expert opinions. It's on the field play that counts. Let's see Guillory is rated 4 star for Sac, but if he is academically illegible wouldn't that make him unrated, since he wouldn't have done anything to help the team?

Linehawg
February 1st, 2006, 01:47 PM
"academically illegible" ????? :eyebrow:

Ronbo
February 1st, 2006, 01:50 PM
Overton carries a 3.0 out of HS and scored 1400 on the SAT. Get a life. :spank: He went to a Catholic school, those kids actually get educated.

AppGuy04
February 1st, 2006, 02:00 PM
think he might try and transfer to a I-A after 1 season?

TulsaBobcat
February 1st, 2006, 02:04 PM
Overton carries a 3.0 out of HS and scored 1400 on the SAT. Get a life. :spank: He went to a Catholic school, those kids actually get educated.

lucchesicourt was referring to the recruit that Sac State picked up recently. He wasn't talking about Overton. :bang:

The Fan
February 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM
Overton carries a 3.0 out of HS and scored 1400 on the SAT. Get a life. He went to a Catholic school, those kids actually get educated.

Lucch's post wasn't directed towards overton Ronbo, but if you want to open that can of worms attending a Catholic school doesn't mean anything. Overton's self-reported 3.0 and 950 SAT (old scale) aren't exactly earth shattering. Don't you think it's a little odd that he wasn't recruited by any of the locals?

lucchesicourt
February 1st, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I was not referring to Overton as you say.

grizband
February 1st, 2006, 03:02 PM
Lucch's post wasn't directed towards overton Ronbo, but if you want to open that can of worms attending a Catholic school doesn't mean anything. Overton's self-reported 3.0 and 950 SAT (old scale) aren't exactly earth shattering. Don't you think it's a little odd that he wasn't recruited by any of the locals?
Where do you get the 950 old score?

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
February 1st, 2006, 03:59 PM
Alright! We win again!

And by the two sweetest words in the English language! De-fault! De-fault!

Ronbo
February 1st, 2006, 10:29 PM

Hey you can fill my team with 3.0 students all day long. These guys don't flunk out and will probably graduate.

As far as him waiting for a Pac 10 school, the articles I read sounded like he really wanted to play Pac 10. He was in contact with Oregon and Washington State which were showing a lot of interest. So he waited, and waited, and waited. And now we got him. :smiley_wi

GeauxLions94
February 2nd, 2006, 12:13 AM
We lose WR Felton Huggins, we gain Crawford Kilpatrick, a 6-5 WR from North Gwinnett HS in Georgia :bow:

Crawford Kilpatrick (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=8&c=1&nid=1735785)