PDA

View Full Version : SDSU 'Bits at UNI

BirdieJack
September 28th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I was unable to find a thread on the SDSU/NU game...I'm hoping it was because every SDSU fan and their dog was in Lincoln, NE Saturday...it sure seemed like it...just ask any Nebraska fan that was there.xnodx But kind of embarrased there wasn't even a thread devoted to that matchup.

Anyway just wanted to make sure this weeks game doesn't get missed!! Looking forward to the trip and a good game. I think my 'Bits may have found something Saturday night amongst 85,500 football fans and I'm looking fwd to finding out if we're the best 0-3 team in the nationxprayx, or if we're a one wknd wonder.xshhhx I sure didn't expect Saturday's outcome after the first two games that's for sure.

Go Jacks!!

BirdieJack
September 28th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Looks like the game will be televised on Mediacom:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205002397&DB_OEM_ID=15000

Go Jacks!!

Jacked_Rabbit
September 28th, 2010, 06:31 PM
The initial line is out:

South Dakota State at Northern Iowa
Sat 10/2 579 South Dakota State +5
5:05PM 580 Northern Iowa -5

PantherRob82
September 28th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Both teams needs this game pretty bad. Jacks might need it a little more since they'd be pretty much knocked out at 0-4.

I wish we could've run ball control like you guys did at Nebraska. Doesn't work when you can't hold the ball. Hope our speed is enough this week. I hate to pin our hopes of winning on playing mistake free football. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
September 28th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Well in three games we have proved we cannot play mistake free football. So let's just hope the Jacks make more!

steelbison
September 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM
UNI-23 Jacks-3

UNI is great at stopping the run and are at home. The Jacks have no offense and their ONLY chance is the QB from UNI throws two more picks that are returned for TD's

UNI gets revenge for last years game.

Other things to note...UNI team speed will kill the Jacks on the turf. If this was played outside on grass I would give the Jacks a lot better chance.

Jack fans, what are you going to do with your QB? TOB in two years has shown me nothing. Will your coach make the switch?

DOME
September 28th, 2010, 10:21 PM
I would say that UNI's defense has only gotten better each game, the line is solid and the backfield is coming together.

That being said I think on offense for these two teams...it will either be a great game as both teams need it...or it will be a comedy of errors as neither team has impressed.

89rabbit
September 28th, 2010, 10:48 PM
UNI-23 Jacks-3

UNI is great at stopping the run and are at home. The Jacks have no offense and their ONLY chance is the QB from UNI throws two more picks that are returned for TD's

Other things to note...UNI team speed will kill the Jacks on the turf. If this was played outside on grass I would give the Jacks a lot better chance.

Jack fans, what are you going to do with your QB? TOB in two years has shown me nothing. Will your coach make the switch?

2 years, what are you talking about? He took over halfway through last season as a RS Freshmen when our Sr. QB went down. He doesn't even have a full season as a starter under his belt. TOB is our QB and will be all season unless he gets hurt.

Big Al
September 29th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Well in three games we have proved we cannot play mistake free football. So let's just hope the Jacks make more!

SDSU's success has hinged on their squad buying into playing "team" football to offset their deficiencies in talent. My concern is mental toughness and discipline by SDSU will trump UNI's talent. Not sure how this game will go.

BirdieJack
September 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM
UNI-23 Jacks-3

I remember our QB(O'Brien) playing pretty good against NDSU last year.xnodx Maybe you didn't see that game.
TOB will be fine, SDSU made a switch on the O-Line that resulted in them giving up ONE negative yardage play against Nebraska. The most disapointing thing about TOB's play on Saturday was that he threw 28 times and barely got pressured all night. With this being the case he should've had more completions IMO, but on the other hand, Nebraska's DB's I believe will all be going in the first two rounds of the NFL next year. ESPN's words, not mine.
Yes TOB needs to play better, but he is a sophomore and our next best option is a true freshman and pulling his redshirt is not going to happen.

Saturday at UNI will show if what Rabbit fans saw Saturday night in Lincoln is for real or did Nebraska just take the night off. Because as any nebraska fan that was in Memorial Stadium that night...that game was WAY closer than 17-3, just ask one. When Domino ran back that TD you could hear a sucking sound from 75,000 people. It was their buttholes puckering up. But then they were able to release it when the ref decided to throw a little laundry on the big red "N" at the 50 yard line to bring it back and take ANOTHER 6 off the board.

Go Jacks!!

RabidRabbit
September 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM
'Bits definitely got bit two separate occasions by Zebras at Neb. Both calls were "questionable", but very effective in erasing two 'Bits TDs, with was the margin of victory by Husks.

If 'Bits play to the level shown at Lincoln this will be a great game with da Cats. If 'Bits play like IL St game, SDSU is destined to be trying to fight off Ind St for the cellar.

UNIFanSince1983
October 2nd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Since it's gameday I thought I would move this back to the first page!!

GO PANTHERS!!

jacksfan29
October 2nd, 2010, 09:17 AM
I remember our QB(O'Brien) playing pretty good against NDSU last year.xnodx Maybe you didn't see that game.
TOB will be fine, SDSU made a switch on the O-Line that resulted in them giving up ONE negative yardage play against Nebraska. The most disapointing thing about TOB's play on Saturday was that he threw 28 times and barely got pressured all night. With this being the case he should've had more completions IMO, but on the other hand, Nebraska's DB's I believe will all be going in the first two rounds of the NFL next year. ESPN's words, not mine.
Yes TOB needs to play better, but he is a sophomore and our next best option is a true freshman and pulling his redshirt is not going to happen.

Saturday at UNI will show if what Rabbit fans saw Saturday night in Lincoln is for real or did Nebraska just take the night off. Because as any nebraska fan that was in Memorial Stadium that night...that game was WAY closer than 17-3, just ask one. When Domino ran back that TD you could hear a sucking sound from 75,000 people. It was their buttholes puckering up. But then they were able to release it when the ref decided to throw a little laundry on the big red "N" at the 50 yard line to bring it back and take ANOTHER 6 off the board.

Go Jacks!!

Keep in mind it is a Bison fan making the statements. The folks in Fargo are still trying to figure out if they are for real or not and a big loss by SDSU to UNI will make them feel better about their team laying an egg and handing UNI their only win of the season. As for TOB, he needs to get back his confidence. The skills are there he needs to get his head back in the game. Today's game, the UNI folks rant and rave about their ability to stop the run. It is possible their front seven are better then what we saw in Lincoln, we'll shall see. Anything can happend and they are at home in that dump of a dome (note to the UNI faithful, FB is a game played outddoors).

gocats05
October 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM
I don't think anybody is saying that we have a better front 7 than Nebraska but does it really need to be? You act like you were able to completely dominate the line of scrimmage. I didnt see the game or any stats but i do know know that you scored three points.

jacksfan29
October 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
I don't think anybody is saying that we have a better front 7 than Nebraska but does it really need to be? You act like you were able to completely dominate the line of scrimmage. I didnt see the game or any stats but i do know know that you scored three points.

With two TDs called back (one defensive) due to very questionable calls. Minnett ran for 128 and as a team SDSU held their own at the line of scrimmage with 3.8 per carry and only one play for loss. That was with absolutely no passing game (under 100 for the game). I'm not saying SDSU will walk in today and hammer UNI but the last I checked UNI is 1-3 and were shut out by a really bad Iowa State team. SDSU is 0-3, neither team has proven anything yet this year. Why UNI are still in the top 25 is a mystery. That said, GO JACKS!!!

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Is this available free video feed on line? If so a link would be appreciated! Really surprised not available as video feed via gojacks.com

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Jacks block FG by Panthers. 13 trips to Red zone, no points for panthers. Jacks take over, about 2 min left to end of 1st Qtr. Still 0-0

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
0-0 for Jacks/Panthers end of 1.

Jacks ball at UNI 24. Going for FG FG is good, but penalty! 5 yd penalty. Tries again, but miss 46 yd FG.

0-0 Panthers take over at 14min to

Big run by UNI QB Renne 65 yd run out at 6 yd 1st and goal.

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
UNI gets in on QB sneek from 4th and foot. Lead Jacks 7-0 at 11 min to half.

UNI Pike
October 2nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Ugly, ugly game so far. UNI 0-2 on FG, SDSU 0-1 (originally made, but waved off on formation call, then missed). Lots of turnovers.

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Jacks score on the initial drive of 2nd half.

7-7 UNI/SDSU at 11 min of 3rd quarter.

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Renne, UNI's QB scores TD on 1st and goal.

Panthers 14, Jacks 7

JackedUp
October 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Did anyone find a way to watch the game online?

UNI Pike
October 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
its available @ unipanthers.com via stretch internet for $10

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 06:20 PM
UNI kicks a 33 yd FG to go up 10, 17-7. 12 min left in game

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Jacks close in with a TD & EP to 17-14. 2:30 left in game.

UNI anticipating on-side kick, it is, squibs out-of bounds.

UNI starts at Jacks 45.

RabidRabbit
October 2nd, 2010, 06:49 PM
Jacks get burned on the long ball, just one play. UNI up 24-14 with 2:13 left. Pass to 6-7 WE

jacksfan29
October 2nd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Jacks get burned on the long ball, just one play. UNI up 24-14 with 2:13 left. Pass to 6-7 WE

Hats off to UNI but in reality, we are a VERY BAD football team right now. One offensive threat (Minnett) is not going to cut it in the MVFC. Our passing game is an embarassment. I now know how Bison fan's felt last year watching Mertens.

unigriff
October 2nd, 2010, 07:30 PM
and your rush defense is god-awful too UNI left 6 more points on the field today. Grr...

jacksfan29
October 2nd, 2010, 08:14 PM
and your rush defense is god-awful too UNI left 6 more points on the field today. Grr...

That would be a defense who spent too much time on the field due to a lack of offense. By the way, why is it UNI fans always want to talk about the points "they left" on the field. Is that more "real" scoring? Heck, we were intercepted twice in the endzone and blew a field goal. I guess we left 17 on the field today. By the way, we ran for 7.0 yards per carry today. I thought UNI's strength was your run defense?

unigriff
October 2nd, 2010, 10:05 PM
It is...did you have a rushing TD? nope. Giving up yards is one thing...giving up Rush TDs is another...at least we scored in the redzone today, haven't seen that all year.