PDA

View Full Version : Would Fordham Be A Good Northeast 10 Candidate

Model Citizen
September 28th, 2010, 01:24 PM
After all, they only have nine for football. This is a natural.

Go...gate
September 28th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Fordham, pray God, stays in the PL. The heck with the NE-10 - they belong with us.

As to this year's Ram club, it's inexplicable. The team has talent - no question about it - but they seem to be unable to put two good games together.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 29th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Besides, isn't that ninth slot reserved for the other Rams, the Rhody version? xconfusedx xconfusedx

Also, Fordham has games scheduled with FBS schools who are expecting them to be a "counter".

BlueHenSinfonian
September 29th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Besides, isn't that ninth slot reserved for the other Rams, the Rhody version? xconfusedx xconfusedx

Also, Fordham has games scheduled with FBS schools who are expecting them to be a "counter".

Rhody is apparently contemplating a move to the NEC. The NE-10 is a Div II conference.

DFW HOYA
September 29th, 2010, 09:25 AM
The Patriot League should pursue Rhode Island. For a variety of arcane reasons, that isn't happening.

Franks Tanks
September 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM
The Patriot League should pursue Rhode Island. For a variety of arcane reasons, that isn't happening.

Sure-- we have an all sports invite for them if they are interested.

Bogus Megapardus
September 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM

Perhaps it should, but the AI (which isn't going anywhere even is scholarships are allowed) would be a road block. Also, I'm pretty certain that the Patriot wants only full members. Rhode Island isn't joining Patriot basketball any time soon. Plus Rhode Island doesn't have lacrosse or field hockey which are PL mainstays. NEC football-only membership seems to be a better fit for the Rams.

On the other hand, is it coincidence that Rhode Island was a last-minute addition to Lafayette's basketball schedule this year?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Rhody is apparently contemplating a move to the NEC. The NE-10 is a Div II conference.

xdohx I knew that! xbangx I saw the "Northeast" then off and running goes the brain. Slow down and read everything! xbangx xbangx

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Haven't I been saying for years that the PL should be pursuing anybody and everybody? All-sports or football only, it matters not at all.

Again, however, they will not jump without some form of football scholarships.

Seawolf97
September 29th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Im not sure why Fordham doesnt schedule a home and away with us. The schools are only 50 miles apart at most, easy travel for fans and the teams. As for the loss to a D2 on Homecoming -ouch. By watching their boards they maybe getting second thoughts about Army and Uconn next year. Wish them the best going forward at least they are making the full schlolarship push.

jimbo65
September 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Fordham, pray God, stays in the PL. The heck with the NE-10 - they belong with us.

As to this year's Ram club, it's inexplicable. The team has talent - no question about it - but they seem to be unable to put two good games together.

The team has 2 1/2 major weaknesses. 1, horrendous pass defense, unspecial (scary) special teams (except kicking)1/4 QB is not big enough 1/4 apparent inability of the coaching staff to alter defenses based on circumstances i.e., an Assumption receiver caught 16 passes. This team under performed the last two years with some great talent, especially at QB. At some point, the admin should assess the coach, not that it is going to happen with our administration.

Franks Tanks
September 29th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Im not sure why Fordham doesnt schedule a home and away with us. The schools are only 50 miles apart at most, easy travel for fans and the teams. As for the loss to a D2 on Homecoming -ouch. By watching their boards they maybe getting second thoughts about Army and Uconn next year. Wish them the best going forward at least they are making the full schlolarship push.

I think they have Army and Uconn in 2012, so at least they will have 3 full scholarship recruiting classes by then. I do agree that Fordham and SBU seems likes a natural fit, and it is curious that they havent played.

Bogus Megapardus
September 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Fordham-Stony Brook certainly sense to me. As far as local NYC-area attendance, Fordham has an ongoing series with Columbia that you would think would draw better crowds than it does.

Stony Brook actually is Lafayette's homecoming foe this year. I'm certainly pleased to be playing Stony Brook, of course, but I question the decision to schedule the Pards' only full-scholarship opponent this year for homecoming. Any chance that Stony Brook will bring some fans to Easton? Do you think Seawolf fans would be more likely to travel to Fordham?

jimbo65
September 29th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Back when both teams were D3 fball we did play. One yr. a late season SB win denied us entry to the D3 playoffs. Why we are not playing these days, I don't know. Makes sense to play since it is an easy commute for both sets of fans.

In answer to another poster, I believe Army & UConn start next year. Could be nasty, particularly UConn.