PDA

View Full Version : APP State vs. Samford Game Thread

boonegoon
September 25th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Any thoughts on the game? Can't watch or listen to it.

theasushow
September 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
my thought is blowout.
35-10
samford cant stop asu offense.

yosef1969
September 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Presley looking good, offense has been very effective. Defense has been fairly solid save one 80 yd run for a score that caught the D looking to the sideline for a call.

Scored to start the 2nd half on a two play 0:43 opening drive.
35 - 10 ASU.

yosef1969
September 25th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Two close calls on Special teams. One 70 yd return but the defense forced a punt and just had a KO return for TD called back for holding.

theasushow
September 25th, 2010, 03:53 PM
wow samford ran it back, asu was saved by the holding call.

biggie
September 25th, 2010, 04:59 PM
D fooled on a flea-flicker and O became boring in the 2nd half.

Final 35-17.

Very good D today though, including 4 Ints.

appfan2008
September 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Good job my asu o until slowed down in second half and good job by the d... special teams could use some work...

DX Man
September 25th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Great to be 2-0 in conference play!

Saint3333
September 25th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Disappointing special teams. The offense was rolling before the OC decided to go conservative two minutes into the second half. Defense continues to improve, which will be necessary to keep the streak up. I like DJ Smith as the MLB.

SideLine Shooter
September 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM

Very Vanilla today. Not showing much.

proasu89
September 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Disappointing special teams. The offense was rolling before the OC decided to go conservative two minutes into the second half. Defense continues to improve, which will be necessary to keep the streak up. I like DJ Smith as the MLB.

xnodx Hate that it took an injury to make this happen but there have been quite a few conversations in 111 wondering what our D would look like with DJ as the Mike.

Saint3333
September 25th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Kimbrough is one of the best three LBs on the team and I know why they moved DJ out of the middle, but he is so much better in the middle.

I actually like Frazier at LB. With Kimbrough out I'd like to see DJ, Wray, and Frazier (I like Greir too), talk about speed at LB.

T-Dog
September 25th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Fun Fact: Our first TD was our first scoring play from under center in five years.

james_lawfirm
September 26th, 2010, 03:28 PM

Just got back from my first trip to Samford. Gorgeous campus. Small crowd. REALLY hot & humid. I know the temp said 89 degrees, but that's in the shade. In the direct sun, it felt like > 100, They ran out of water at halftime. On a day like that, to run out of water should be a criminal offense. All those folks who succumbed to the heat should have their medical bills paid by the organization in charge of supplying the water, which I presume means Samford.

Oh, yeah, I could not find the radio broadcast anywhere. I tried 87.7 (usu. the inside the stadium channel) and 91.1 (the local broadcast). Anyone else have that problem?

As to the game, I thought App played a GREAT game. If you could take back two or three long runs that Samford made, their offensive stats would look terrible. As it was they were not so good. App played solid D (DJ BELONGS AT MLB); and mixed up the run & pass well. Firing on all cylinders. On the special teams breakdowns, it seemed to me that there were lanes open that should not have been open. I understand that Coach Moore said the kicks did not go where the coverage team thought they would. OK. So, why are these lanes open?

Anyway, it looks like Elon just folded vs. GaSo. I do not like the rumors I keep hearing about Elon's late hits. Is there any way to inform the officials in two weeks of this behavior in advance of the kickoff? Don't know if that's possible, but it ought to be.