PDA

View Full Version : Couple of shots of opening game at Robins Stadium

bostonspider
September 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Whether or not it is "too" small or has a track, we are so pysched to have the Spiders back on UR's campus for home games. After over 80 years playing over 5 miles from campus, to just have the team able to be at home where the students can walk to the game, and the fans can tailgate all over campus is just so incredible to the Spider fans. Whatever it took, it was worth it have the team "home".

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_original/4211294.jpeg

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/rich/sports/m-footbl/auto_original/4211335.jpeg

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
It's nice and will likely always look full because of its size. With temp bleachers you could put 12-13k in there.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
That sure looks nice. It's a lot better than the downtown stadium. How did the on-campus parking and tailgating work out? Will you keep the end zone stands in place all season?

insideout08
September 23rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Congrats. It is a very attractive stadium. I've only been on your campus once, but I was impressed by the whole thing, and I'm sure this only adds to it.

Green Cookie Monster
September 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM
Looks great, you should be proud.

bostonspider
September 23rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
That sure looks nice. It's a lot better than the downtown stadium. How did the on-campus parking and tailgating work out? Will you keep the end zone stands in place all season? Much better than expected. There were no real traffic issues at all. Minor traffic when the lots opened, but nothing like the traffic during the BBall season. Tailgating went super smoothly, as many said everyone wanted the tailgaters to have fun, including administration and police, as long as no one got out of hand. All in all it went as well as could possibly be hoped. This weekend is Parent's Weekend, so we will see how that impacts it. The endzone seats are the Student section and will be in place all season long. As I think I have stated before, I would not be shocked to see a similar set of stands in the south endzone next season, boosting capacity over 10K.

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
it does look nice, and hailing from the great state of Delaware I realize that size isnt everything ( I know I am setting myself up with that remark) .... Can they haul in some portable bleachers for the high demand games?

URMite
September 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Good Lord! When I blow up the fishbowl lens shot, it really shows my bald spot...xsmhx

rufus
September 23rd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Richmond now clearly has the nicest soccer/track & field facility in the A10.

Oh wait... that's the football stadium???

Just kidding Spiders... looks good.

ur2k
September 23rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
it does look nice, and hailing from the great state of Delaware I realize that size isnt everything ( I know I am setting myself up with that remark) .... Can they haul in some portable bleachers for the high demand games?

I've heard that's the eventual plans, but not likely for a few years so we can prove to the city and surrounding neighborhoods that the traffic and parking is handled adequately.

Saturday was just an awesome day for Spider Alums to finally be on campus for tailgating and football in a first-class facilty. Saturday vs. the Hens should be fun too.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/facilities/robins-stadium-wallpapers.html

Inaugural game wallpaper for all of the JMU fans' computers.xlolx