PDA

View Full Version : Any other I-AA's having trouble getting i-A games?

GaSouthern
January 30th, 2006, 07:06 PM
It seems like a huge problem (what ever the real reason may be) for GSU to schedule some pay-day I-A games and I wanted to know if any other schools were having some similar problems?

FargoBison
January 30th, 2006, 07:48 PM
It seems like a huge problem (what ever the real reason may be) for GSU to schedule some pay-day I-A games and I wanted to know if any other schools were having some similar problems?

NDSU has a much different problem, we can't find a IAA game. We already have a game with Ball St locked in and we also have Minnesota pounding at our door to get a game. It's great to have Minnesota wanting to play us but unfortunately our coach doesn't think we are ready to handle two IA's in one season. But it doesn't look like our AD is going to find enough IAA games so we will probably end up playing the U of MN anyway. Why can't GSU get a IA game? Northwestern State has 3 this year, so I don't see why GSU can't get one.

mainejeff
January 30th, 2006, 07:58 PM

Maine hasn't had any problems:

2004 - Mississippi State
2005 - Nebraska
2006 - Boston College
2007 - UConn

ucdtim17
January 30th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Since they changed the once every 4 years rule to once a year and approved the 12 game schedule, a lot of I-A's are looking to fill dates with I-AA's. Call up Idaho - EWU dumped them for OSU

mainejeff
January 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Since they changed the once every 4 years rule to once a year and approved the 12 game schedule, a lot of I-A's are looking to fill dates with I-AA's. Call up Idaho - EWU dumped them for OSU

I'm sure that Idaho wouldn't mind playing at GSU.

Tod
January 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM

Idaho is quite a trip from southern Georgia, but at least you'd probably win the game. :nod: :nod:

mainejeff
January 30th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't even consider a game at Idaho if I were GSU.

Tod
January 30th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't even consider a game at Idaho if I were GSU.

Why not? You guys have played at Montana.

mainejeff
January 30th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Because Idaho isn't Montana. ;)

I doubt that Idaho would do a home and home like Maine and Montana did.

GAD
January 31st, 2006, 10:26 AM
My man, GaSU runs the wishbone there are to many chances for an upset. (your eagles would be the favorite in some games)

OL FU
January 31st, 2006, 12:01 PM
My man, GaSU runs the wishbone there are to many chances for an upset. (your eagles would be the favorite in some games)

You have been reading to much Eagle propaganda :nod:

And besides, now that the 'bone is gone, GSU should be able to line them up left and right.

PantherRob82
January 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
we have Iowa St the next 2-3 years and then back at Iowa in 08 or 09

walliver
January 31st, 2006, 12:14 PM
And besides, now that the 'bone is gone, GSU should be able to line them up left and right.

We all know that ALL I-A teams are afraid of Georgia Southern. The folks down in Statesboro are probably already planning to build a trophy case to house the 6 BCS trophies they plan to win.

Actually the option does hurt somewhat, Pitt apparently backed out of a game with Wofford when they found out we ran the option. In Georgia Southern's case, I don't think their athletic department tries very hard to schedule I-A games. Non-BCS teams may have a legitimate fear of losing to the Eagles, but I don't think the "big boys" take any I-AA team seriously, including Georgia Southern

OL FU
January 31st, 2006, 12:19 PM
We all know that ALL I-A teams are afraid of Georgia Southern. The folks down in Statesboro are probably already planning to build a trophy case to house the 6 BCS trophies they plan to win.

Actually the option does hurt somewhat, Pitt apparently backed out of a game with Wofford when they found out we ran the option. In Georgia Southern's case, I don't think their athletic department tries very hard to schedule I-A games. Non-BCS teams may have a legitimate fear of losing to the Eagles, but I don't think the "big boys" take any I-AA team seriously, including Georgia Southern

Blasphemy :eek:

The reason Pitt would not play you is because you consistently beat GSU. :rolleyes: :D

blukeys
January 31st, 2006, 12:39 PM
Blasphemy :eek:

The reason Pitt would not play you is because you consistently beat GSU. :rolleyes: :D
Pitt wouldn't play you because Wannstadt would have another 3 players jump ship. ;) ;) ;)

henfan
January 31st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Since the '1 in 4' rule was repealed, any I-AA school can get a I-A game. If the NCAA approves the 12th game for I-AA schools this April, it'll be all the more easier. Typically, a few I-AA schools have been willing to use the "nobody will play us" excuse as a cover up for not going out and finding I-A games that would work.

Sawtooth
January 31st, 2006, 03:29 PM
Idaho State picked up the vacant date with Idaho (ok, ok, so they're really I-A.5). Right now, it looks like we may have two I-A teams on the schedule next year (Idaho and UNLV).

ncbears
January 31st, 2006, 03:51 PM
At UNC, we've got Air Force in 2007. I think South Dakota State is having problems finding a 1a team to play.

BusinessEagle
January 31st, 2006, 04:21 PM
In Georgia Southern's case, I don't think their athletic department tries very hard to schedule I-A games.

That statement pretty much sums it up for GSU and I-A games-- at least since January of 1996.

OL FU
January 31st, 2006, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walliver
In Georgia Southern's case, I don't think their athletic department tries very hard to schedule I-A games.

That statement pretty much sums it up for GSU and I-A games

A breath of fresh air. :nod: