PDA

View Full Version : KEELER....MAKES DUH BIG DUCATS.............AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
September 22nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
FROM DUH BIRD CAGE LINER......TA-DAY.......FELL FREE TA DICUSS....:D....DOODLE-DOO!

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100922/SPORTS07/9220353

JMUNJ08
September 22nd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Some teams got to shell out some more dough...

"Jerry Moore, who guided Appalachian State to three straight national titles from 2005 through 2007, the last over Delaware, earns $180,000 annually, according to media reports.

When longtime I-AA power Montana hired Robin Pflugrad as coach this year, his base salary was reportedly $155,000."

While Mickey has been wooed by FBS programs, it makes sense he is at the 250K range which isn't outragious.

My favorite is the UD fan at the end:
"He hasn't proven to me that he deserves that yet because he's a little too hot and cold. But I'm not belly-aching about it. I'm more upset about the ticket situation." Maybe 35-9 in 3 playoff years and 27-30 in 5 non-playoff years will do that...

Ud1Hens
September 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Not to come off hash but isn't there a huge difference in cost of living between northern DE (between DC/Balt/Philly markets) and Boone, NC and Missoula, MT? If not then my apologies, but I imagine the market in the areas are helping to dictate the amount.

danefan
September 22nd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Not to come off hash but isn't there a huge difference in cost of living between northern DE (between DC/Balt/Philly markets) and Boone, NC and Missoula, MT? If not then my apologies, but I imagine the market in the areas are helping to dictate the amount.

There's a difference, but there isn't that big a difference.

Moore is probably like Bob Ford in Albany - doesn't ask for nor would he accept a raise if given to him anyway.

Pflugard is just getting ripped off, IMO.

JMUNJ08
September 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM

Yes there is a difference but that hasn't stopped Alabama from giving Saban a crazy salary or other rural/poor area teams. To be rich in 'bama all you need is $20 right? (not meant to offend anyone!)

WMTribe90
September 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
Some teams got to shell out some more dough...

While Mickey has been wooed by FBS programs, it makes sense he is at the 250K range which isn't outragious.

My favorite is the UD fan at the end: Maybe 35-9 in 3 playoff years and 27-30 in 5 non-playoff years will do that...

I know Mickey's name gets tossed around from time to time when FBS jobs are open, but has he actually ever been offered a HC position at the FBS level.

Big Al
September 22nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Keeler might think about spending some of his money on classes to make friends and influence people. He's a charmer, that one.

Oldhen
September 22nd, 2010, 12:01 PM
Not to come off hash but isn't there a huge difference in cost of living between northern DE (between DC/Balt/Philly markets) and Boone, NC and Missoula, MT?

You'd be amazed at the price of real estate in the Boone/Blowing Rock area. Cars, furniture, clothing, and food/restaurants are about even.

Quality hired help costs a bit more in Landenberg, though....

GannonFan
September 22nd, 2010, 12:17 PM
Keeler might think about spending some of his money on classes to make friends and influence people. He's a charmer, that one.

Winning ends up making lots of friends. Tubby was considered very confrontational when he was first starting, but by the end, after 300 career wins, everyone loved him. KC just needs to win more consistently and people will like him plenty.

henfan
September 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM
Considering that UD's president is one of the highest paid CEO's in the country among publicly-sponsored universities, Keeler's salary is not surprise. Tubby was long rumored to be the highest paid employee in the state system.

Apps03
September 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
I obviously have no evidence of this so take if for what its worth but what I've always heard in regard to Coach Moore's salary is that he doesn't take raises and has always deferred the money to his assistant coaches. Could just be one of those "urban myths" but I've heard the story multiple times from different folks.

blukeys
September 22nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
Keeler has 2 daughters coming up on marrying age. Mr. Chicken can appreciate that. We now have entire cable channels teaching teen age and twenty something girls how to spend the old man's money on that special day. xeyebrowxxnodxxlolxxlolxxlolx

pitpen
September 22nd, 2010, 10:31 PM

Duly noted. Stop kicking the **** out of UNI in the playoffs = more friends.

JMUNJ08
September 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
I know Mickey's name gets tossed around from time to time when FBS jobs are open, but has he actually ever been offered a HC position at the FBS level.

I think he was actually offered the job at South Alabama to start them up. I may be wrong but even if nothing has come of it, he sure has profited!

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2010, 06:26 AM
From the same article:

Comparisons of head coaching salaries among schools in I-AA:

Bill Curry, Georgia State, $350,000

K.C. Keeler, Delaware, $310,662

Mickey Matthews, James Madison, $248,000

Al Lavan, Delaware State, $200,000-plus

Bobby Wilder, Old Dominion, $200,000

Sean McDonnell, New Hampshire, $183,000

Jerry Moore, Appalachian State, $180,000

Jimmye Laycock, William & Mary, $179,400

Rob Ambrose, Towson, $169,200

Jack Cosgrove, Maine, $155,000

Robin Pflugrad, Montana, $155,000

That number one spot ought to have some of those Georgia Southern folks rollin'. xwhistlex

danefan
September 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
The real question is why is someone at Delaware State making $200,000 plus and a Pflugrad isn't despite the fact that Montana is putting 20,000 more fans in the seats every game?

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Of course that list is all public or public assisted schools whose obligation to report is greater. I would have to think that Andy Talley at Villanova, Tim Murphy at Harvard, Dick Biddle at Colgate and Al Bagnoli at Penn would be in the same company.

MasonJar
September 23rd, 2010, 09:27 AM

This is a quick cost of living comparison I ran between Boone and Newark... based on Coach Moore's $180K salary... (from www.bestplaces.net)... Boone is a very costly area due to tourism, real estate, remoteness and other factors. Also, I concur with Apps03... the rumors/facts... Coach Moore is very happy in his situation and the word is he deflects his raises to his staff... Also, I know for a fact he does an extreme amount of charity work/benefit... Anyway, on to the cost of living comparison... neat tool...

Cost of Living Comparison:
Boone, North Carolina - Newark, Delaware

Newark is
40%
more expensive than Boone.

Housing
is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference.

Housing is
152%
more expensive in Newark.
A salary of $180,000 in Boone, North Carolina should increase to $251,394 in Newark, Delaware

Boone
U.S. Avg.
Newark » Compare these cities in over 100 categories

Cost of Living Indexes Boone Newark
Overall 83 116
Food 104 111
Housing 53 133
Utilities 98 115
Transportation 94 100
Health 102 114
Miscellaneous 101 104
100=national average

superman7515
September 23rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Just goes to show how far a dollar will go in third world countries, haha. xnodx

Big Al
September 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Duly noted. Stop kicking the **** out of UNI in the playoffs = more friends.

Just keep like you've been doing the last two years and I think we can be best of buds, shortly.

Mr. C
September 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Of course that list is all public or public assisted schools whose obligation to report is greater. I would have to think that Andy Talley at Villanova, Tim Murphy at Harvard, Dick Biddle at Colgate and Al Bagnoli at Penn would be in the same company.
Andy Talley is one of the lower paid coaches in the CAA.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM
From the same article:

Al Lavan, Delaware State, $200,000-plus

that's the real joke on the list. For less than half of his salary I could coach a team to 0 playoff wins and average attendance of less than 5,000 per game.

MasonJar
September 24th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Just goes to show how far a dollar will go in third world countries, haha. xnodx

Contraband, son... Contraband. xeyebrowx