PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Farley to go?

Ronin
September 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I've watched Farley play and coach for over 20 years. I feel he's been an above average coach and has done a good job in promoting a football program at UNI.

However, his not so new offensive mindset over the past 2 years starting with Grace at QB has been less than impressive to say the least. In fact it's been down right painful to watch at times what was once a high powered offense struggle to win with an option run featuring the QB. I can't blame the players it's what they are instructed to do.

Seasons
2008 12-3
2009 7-4
2010 6-5 predicted with current strategy

nmatsen
September 19th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I've watched Farley play and coach for over 20 years. I feel he's been an above average coach and has done a good job in promoting a football program at UNI.

However, his not so new offensive mindset over the past 2 years starting with Grace at QB has been less than impressive to say the least. In fact it's been down right painful to watch at times what was once a high powered offense struggle to win with an option run featuring the QB. I can't blame the players it's what they are instructed to do.

Seasons
2008 12-3
2009 7-4
2010 6-5 predicted with current strategy

UNI will finish no worse than 8-3 this year. That, and Farley knows about as much about our offense as you do Ronin. May it be time to search for a replacement for slick willy? Who knows.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I agree, nmatsen. If anyone would need to go it would be Salmon.

While last night was frustrating it was one loss to a good team. Coach Farley didn't fumble the ball 3 times.

TheBisonator
September 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM
He seemed to do pretty dang well against us, so I don't know if he's deserving of the boot quite yet.

He has the Dakota school's number. Let's leave it at that.

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I doubt any of you UNI fans would trade Farley for Bohl. xeyebrowx

JohnStOnge
September 19th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Oh c'mon. My understanding it that UNI's PLAYERS fumbled three times inside the SFA 10. That's not the coach's fault. UNI plays in a tough FCS conference and it also tends to play some tough non conference games every year. I can't believe you're all over your coach after UNI lost by 2...after having a -3 in the giveaway/takeaway stat...to a program that was in the playoffs last season and has a bunch of players back.

Big Al
September 19th, 2010, 09:26 PM
This thread is insane.

Ronin
September 28th, 2010, 05:08 AM
I agree, nmatsen. If anyone would need to go it would be Salmon.

While last night was frustrating it was one loss to a good team. Coach Farley didn't fumble the ball 3 times.

And who controls Salmon UNI future?

ysubigred
September 28th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I doubt any of you UNI fans would trade Farley for Bohl. xeyebrowx

Hey!! Heacock is available xhurrayx