PDA

View Full Version : Long season for Sam Houston

Grizzaholic
September 19th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I see they lost again today. No playoffs for them and going to be a very very long season. Be lucky to get 3 or 4 wins.....maybe.

Syntax Error
September 19th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I see the Griz lost again today. No playoffs for them and going to be a very very long season. Be lucky to get 3 or 4 wins.....maybe.

A little early to be calling out the Griz or any team????

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I see they lost again today. No playoffs for them and going to be a very very long season. Be lucky to get 3 or 4 wins.....maybe.

New coach. Our projected starting QB was out...

We'll probably scrap together a few wins in the SLC since the Demons (NWST) and Colonels (Nicholls) are struggling as we are.

Not sure why you are calling us out... we are 0-2 on the season. Sounds like a personal attempt to get under someone's skin. Sure, we got rolled by Western Illinois and lost to FBS Baylor, but if you followed SLC football, the results at this point should not surprise you in the least.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Would it have been more beneficial to Sam Houston to have scheduled a Div. II program or two with a new coach?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM

I thought they were called Texas State - Huntsville?

Cat79
September 19th, 2010, 08:26 PM

Don't go there Screamin Eagle, TT will have to go into a tirade about Texas State again. xnodx

TexasTerror
September 20th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Would it have been more beneficial to Sam Houston to have scheduled a Div. II program or two with a new coach?

Nope - we're done with that.

SHSU needs to play Div I teams only and this year will help us in our rebuilding process. You know how it goes 3rd Coast, since your turnaround is going pretty good thus far under Johnnie Cole. Things do not happen overnight, especially when injuries set you back..

SHSU is one of several universities protected... along with Tarleton State, Prairie View A&M, Sul Ross, Stephen F. Austin and Lamar. Tarleton and PVAMU because of the A&M system and the others because of their names.

The folks in San Marcos are not the flagship nor will they ever likely get that role... neither here or there, though. We're talking football!

Da Coach
September 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM
New coach. Our projected starting QB was out...

We'll probably scrap together a few wins in the SLC since the Demons (NWST) and Colonels (Nicholls) are struggling as we are.

Not sure why you are calling us out... we are 0-2 on the season. Sounds like a personal attempt to get under someone's skin. Sure, we got rolled by Western Illinois and lost to FBS Baylor, but if you followed SLC football, the results at this point should not surprise you in the least.

TT - How good is Western Illinois?

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2010, 11:22 AM
TT - How good is Western Illinois?

I have them as a middle of the pack Missouri Valley team entering this season...

Tough to say. WIU lost to Purdue and then slammed both SHSU, Valpo. They have not had a significant victory and face a team that has struggled annually - Indiana State - this weekend. Back-to-back trips to the Dakotas should give us more insight into their program.

Western_101
September 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Good points about the wins.

We out gained Purdue in O. Special teams shot themselves in the foot, If not for that WIU beats Purdue.

WIU's coach Hendrickson, was not satisfied with keeping up with Purdue, He lit into the team....that was a very winable game.

WIU should crush ISU and then Yes, the real test will be on the road in the Dakotas, we will find out then if this team is ligit.

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2010, 12:28 PM
WIU should crush ISU and then Yes, the real test will be on the road in the Dakotas, we will find out then if this team is ligit.

If WIU gets a strong win against Indiana State - with a 3-1 record, they should get even more attention (esp with three Div I wins) for polls and playoff prognostications. A split in the Dakotas should advance that... a 2-0 sweep or 0-2 sweep could be all the difference in the world.