PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh OC Leaving to HC Trinity

ngineer
January 29th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Lehigh OC Chris Rorke was reported at last night's Annual Awards Banquet to be leaving to become HC at Trinity College in Hartford Connecticut. He leaves after three years, having arrived from Plymouth College, NH where he was HC for four years. From what I know, Trinity is one of the D-III powers in the New England Conference with something like a three year regular season unbeaten streak. He and his wife are New England natives and were looking to return closer to their homes.
Not very surprising, though, as some questioned whether he would be kept, anyway, considering speculation that HC Coen will be calling the offensive shots.
Lehigh staff movements not totally settled, yet, either. More news to come this week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I think he did a pretty good job after he got comfortable in the position. His first year, year and half, the offense lacked consistency but save for the two Lafayette games i thought he did a good job. Good luck to him.

blukeys
January 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Delaware has been losing assistants left and right, the most obvious being Cohen to Hofstra. The new reality in I-AA football is that assistants from successful programs get job offers elsewhere. A quality assistant seems to stay at most 3 years before they get offers from greener pastures. The positive side is that these programs attract aggressive talented applicants.

ngineer
January 29th, 2006, 08:59 PM
No question. We've been getting 'picked' pretty consistently over the past 8 years. I remember Lembo telling me last year that it's just something you come to expect and be prepared for--always have list of potential replacements ready in your desk drawer.. xcoffeex

colgate13
January 30th, 2006, 07:22 AM
The new reality in I-AA football is that assistants from successful programs get job offers elsewhere. A quality assistant seems to stay at most 3 years before they get offers from greener pastures.

Agreed! Which is what made Colgate's run at staying intact so impressive IMO. Biddle, Foley and Pinkham have been the HC/OC/DC trio since 1997 (Foley signed on later). Foley has since left for UConn, but Pinkham has been here since the beginning with Biddle, and he must be happy because he doesn't look to be going anywhere. We are VERY lucky here!

Pard4Life
January 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I think he did a pretty good job after he got comfortable in the position. His first year, year and half, the offense lacked consistency but save for the two Lafayette games i thought he did a good job. Good luck to him.

...then that's a pretty big scarlet 'F' on his record.