PDA

View Full Version : The time HAS come for Pat Sullivan to.....

blazrdog#1
September 17th, 2010, 09:25 AM
crap or get off the pot!Talent,talent & more talent wasted...Newberry embarrassed a SoCon team in a BIG way last night.Westmoreland & Roller should RESIGN this morning!!!!!!Mediocrity RULES SU athletics(see Tillette and the B-ball program).Listening to the game made me want to hurl everywhere.God help us because old man Moore will fill Shades Valley with a blood bath next week.xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxmadxxmadxxmadxxflame madxxflamemadxxflamemadx

OL FU
September 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I don't know if I really should pay attention but you went from the bottom of the OVC to the middle of the SoCon. And no offense to my OVC buddies but that was quite a jump (at least at that time, please remember Western Carolina who finished last in the Socon last year beat Eastern Kentucky who finished 2nd? in the OVC).

Stuff happens. You didn't lose. As I said before, Furman lost to Newberry in 1985 and then made it to the NC game that same year.

PaladinFan
September 17th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Samford has come out of the gates stumbling (I thought they'd fare better against FSU, too), but they are 2-1. Can't complain with that.

Sometimes teams just sneak up on you. You're right though. Samford needs to make adjustments quick as some electric offenses are going to be visiting Birmingham here soon enough. Gotta tighten it up.

Mr. C
September 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM
My goodness, you would have thought that you guys LOST THE GAME from the way you are responding. Pat Sullivan is well respected among his peers, most who think he has done an outstanding job at Samford. What was your record like before Sullivan arrived? Alumni that think firing the coach is the answer don't pay much attention to other schools who blow up their programs and see what happens in the aftermat. What do you guys want to do? End up like Georgia Southern?

beanburrito
September 17th, 2010, 11:22 AM
The folks in Cullowhee would tell you to be grateful you won the game. Pat's not for everybody, but I think he's a perfect fit for Samford.

Sader87
September 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I think he should give up his Heisman...

Franks Tanks
September 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I hear Bobby Bowden is available.. or you can wait another year or 2 and hire Jimbo Fisher.

Skjellyfetti
September 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Reminds me of the "fire Lembo" thread from this time last year.

SpeedkingATL
September 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Watched the game on Channelsurfing last night and it was Ugly. Sammy played the same pass defense the whole game that ASU played in the first half against UTC......none. I would guess the Dogs were looking ahead to the ASU game at Samford next Saturday. Put one in the win column and move on. It also looked like a very small group of fans in attendance which can have a negative effect on the home team....just no excitement or electricity. I expect a much better team on Saturday.

gophoenix
September 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Reminds me of the "fire Lembo" thread from this time last year.

Or the worse, Fire Moore and Moore should retire threads from 2004.

PaladinFan
September 17th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Or the worse, Fire Moore and Moore should retire threads from 2004.

Haha, shhhh. App fans don't like to talk about that.

Easy to see the difference in App and GSU. App's administration didn't listen to their fanbase and has three national championships. GSU's did and they are in a ten year rebuilding phase.

james_lawfirm
September 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM

Easy to see the difference in App and GSU. App's administration didn't listen to their fanbase and has three national championships. GSU's did and they are in a ten year rebuilding phase.

Paladin:
Now hold on. App's fanbase did NOT want Moore fired or to retire in 2004. A very small minority wanted that. But, most did NOT, myself included.

If anything, a more accurate statement is that App's administration did not listen to their vocal minority who wanted to fire the coach and GSU's did.

Although, actually I have no idea what occurred down there in Statesboro.

Green26
September 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I think he should give up his Heisman...

Agreed. I talked to the runner-up (Ed Marinaro) yesterday. He deserved it over Sullivan that year. Marinaro's tv series, Blue Mountain State on Spike TV, will be on again later this fall. He plays a football coach. Here's a link to Spike. Click on Coaches Corner Week 3 (to see Marinaro in action), in this link: http://www.spike.com/show/34560

AppStsGr8
September 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
While the game certainly wasn't pretty from Samford's point of view, Samford did come off with the win. At the end of the season Samford's record will be recorded as SoManyWins-SoManyLosses-SoManyTies. It won't say anything about trailing at the half or losing a heartbreaker or winning by a mile ... just wins-losses-ties.

Cocky
September 17th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I hope he stays for years and years.

SU DOG
September 17th, 2010, 05:47 PM
And I wish you the same with Jack Crowe.

eaglewraith
September 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Paladin:
Now hold on. App's fanbase did NOT want Moore fired or to retire in 2004. A very small minority wanted that. But, most did NOT, myself included.

If anything, a more accurate statement is that App's administration did not listen to their vocal minority who wanted to fire the coach and GSU's did.

Although, actually I have no idea what occurred down there in Statesboro.

You're always going to have the vocal minority no matter what. I was one of the ones begging for SOMETHING to change....I didn't necessarily want Sewak gone I just noticed a lot of things going bad and not getting fixed. I was in no way shape or form in favor of going away from the option....period. THAT was the decision of one man....Sam Baker. He's who you should thank for putting GSU in the situation he's in now. Also Bruce Grube since his true colors have shown with the way Hatcher was axed last year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 17th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Sullivan has done some good recruiting, but I don't know about the actual utilization of it.

Dr. Strangelove
September 18th, 2010, 12:07 AM

If JSU opens every season with a victory over an FBS team, then I agree with you.

JDC325
September 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM

More of the AD than the fan base. Yes the fan base was spoiled at that time but there was not a serious movement to fire Sewak. He was not PJ but folks liked him a lot. It was no secret our glorious AD was never a fan of the TO and had to be talked in to hiring PJ to begin with. I think he saw the window of opportunity to reinvent the wheel after the TXST debacle and showed his true lack of intelligence. I hope Monken ends up taking us back to the top but make no mistake going back to the TO was our lame AD trying to save his job. He will to this day defend the Vangoober hire if that tells you anything.

Cocky
September 18th, 2010, 12:41 AM
If I can only choose between the two, I'll keep what we have.