PDA

View Full Version : Ex-UNH QB Gets Second Chance in af2

TexasTerror
January 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers would like to announce the arenafootball2 league has assigned quarterback Mike Granieri for the 2006 Fifth Anniversary Season. Granieri 6’1 210 pounds is a former standout quarterback for the University of New Hampshire.

Granieri was a three-year starter for the Wildcats where he ranks fifth in career passing yards with 4,568 yards and ranks third in career completions with 341.

As a red shirt freshman Mike saw action in all eleven games. In Granieri’s sophomore year, he started as quarterback in eleven games for the Wildcats and completed 170 of 297 passes for 1,826 yards and 12 passing touchdowns. During Mike’s third year he ranked second on the University of New Hampshire’s squad for rushing as he carried the ball 145 times for a total of 786 yards and five touchdowns.

Granieri is excited to come to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers because after returning as a starting quarterback his senior year his season was cut short because of an ACL knee injury.

“Michael is hungry to get back on the football field. He had an outstanding football career but the injury he suffered his senior season was a devastating blow.” said Head Coach Rich Ingold, “He’s very anxious to get back under center.”

http://www.af2.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3525&ATCLID=227825&SPID=1592&ISWIDE=1

UNHWildCats
January 28th, 2006, 03:34 PM
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers would like to announce the arenafootball2 league has assigned quarterback Mike Granieri for the 2006 Fifth Anniversary Season. Granieri 6’1 210 pounds is a former standout quarterback for the University of New Hampshire.

Granieri was a three-year starter for the Wildcats where he ranks fifth in career passing yards with 4,568 yards and ranks third in career completions with 341.

As a red shirt freshman Mike saw action in all eleven games. In Granieri’s sophomore year, he started as quarterback in eleven games for the Wildcats and completed 170 of 297 passes for 1,826 yards and 12 passing touchdowns. During Mike’s third year he ranked second on the University of New Hampshire’s squad for rushing as he carried the ball 145 times for a total of 786 yards and five touchdowns.

Granieri is excited to come to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers because after returning as a starting quarterback his senior year his season was cut short because of an ACL knee injury.

“Michael is hungry to get back on the football field. He had an outstanding football career but the injury he suffered his senior season was a devastating blow.” said Head Coach Rich Ingold, “He’s very anxious to get back under center.”

http://www.af2.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3525&ATCLID=227825&SPID=1592&ISWIDE=1

Hope he does well there.

blukeys
January 28th, 2006, 09:04 PM
He got hurt in the 2004 opener against Delaware opening the door for some kid named Santos. What was the name of that guy who played first base for the Yankees before Lou Gehrig?? :)

Mr. C
January 28th, 2006, 09:43 PM
So you are saying that Mike Graneiri is the Wally Pipp of I-AA.

WildcatFan
January 29th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Congratulations to Mike!!

UNH 40
February 2nd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Mike Granieri is my closest friends and former roommate at UNH. I have been working out with him for about 6 months now and know that he is in great shape and ready to play. He is an unbelievable talent, who has been completely forgotten about because of the torn ACL he got against UD. He is still the only QB in A-10 history to throw for more than 2500 and run for more than 600. He has as strong an arm as you will ever see, and he is very accurate and smart with the football. He has great speed and is very agile. He will rip these teams apart in AFL2 and I wouldn't be suprised to see him get picked up by AFL 1 or the CFL before mid season.

SunCoastBlueHen
February 2nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
Mike Granieri is my closest friends and former roommate at UNH. I have been working out with him for about 6 months now and know that he is in great shape and ready to play. He is an unbelievable talent, who has been completely forgotten about because of the torn ACL he got against UD. He is still the only QB in A-10 history to throw for more than 2500 and run for more than 600. He has as strong an arm as you will ever see, and he is very accurate and smart with the football. He has great speed and is very agile. He will rip these teams apart in AFL2 and I wouldn't be suprised to see him get picked up by AFL 1 or the CFL before mid season.

I agree Granieri was an excellent QB for UNH and I wish him well in pro ball. However, he was not "the only QB in A-10 history to throw for more than 2500 and run for more than 600." Andy Hall passed for 2764 yard and ran for 710 in 2003. I wouldn't be surprised if there were others.

UNH 40
February 2nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
I agree Granieri was an excellent QB for UNH and I wish him well in pro ball. However, he was not "the only QB in A-10 history to throw for more than 2500 and run for more than 600." Andy Hall passed for 2764 yard and ran for 710 in 2003. I wouldn't be surprised if there were others.

Yeah i messed that one up, he is the only QB to rush for more than 750 and throw for more than 2500. my bad.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 2nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
FWIW, I recall when Hall and Granieri both reached those levels, the fact they were the first to ever do so was also stated.