PDA

View Full Version : How many away games have you been to in one season?

TxSt02
January 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Just curious... Not counting if you played or were a member of the coaching staff. How many have you travelled to as a fan?

In '04 I saw Tx State 4 times.

at Baylor
at Appalachian State
at Cal Poly
at Sam Houston

Name yours!

I am thinking about heading to all of our 5 away games this year... So wanted to see how extreme some of you guys are...

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 28th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Last season I went to all of SU's away games with the exception of UAPB. It is traditon that SU fans travel to away games. Some fans don't attend our home games but never miss an away game which is very odd.

TheValleyRaider
January 28th, 2006, 01:48 PM
In '03 I went to 6
Dartmouth
Cornell
Princeton
Lafayette
Florida Atlantic*
Delaware*

In '04 I went to 4
UMass
Yale
Cornell
Lehigh

In '05 I went to 5
Dartmouth
Princeton
Holy Cross
Lafayette
New Hampshire*

*-Playoff games

However, I'm in the band, so I got in for free :D

ngineer
January 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Last year I got to three away games: Delware, Harvard and Fordham.

Lookin' forward to my first visit to Fitton Field and the Yale Bowl this year.

Go...gate
January 28th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Outside of Colgate-Princeton and Colgate-Rutgers, which I have seen every year (when the teams have met) since the 1960's, I estimate an average of 1-2 other road games a year since the 1960's.

Hansel
January 28th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I went to more Indiana St road games last year (1) than to NDSU road games :bawling:

Pard4Life
January 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I get to most games in the area.

For 2005:
at Marist
at Lehigh
..7 home games, no real need to travel, and G'town, HC weren't big games.

2004:
at Princeton
at Columbia
at Bucknell
at Fordham
at Delaware

2003:
at Lehigh
..again, 7 home games, road games not worth it

I always missed out on Colgate weekend due to silly mock trial. This year I plan to go to:

at Bucknell
at Princeton
at Columbia
at Harvard (visiting Boston law schools weekend, but not Harvard's : smh : )
at Fordham
at Colgate (?)
..and i'll be cocky here..
at A10 team playoff game

bulldog10jw
January 28th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I went to every Yale game, home and away from 1973 to 1989. Most years that was 4 away games, some years 5. Of course, in the Ivies most of the away games were within a 3-4 hour drive, except for Cornell. I did attend the game in Hawaii in 1987, however.

TxSt02
January 28th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I went to every Yale game, home and away from 1973 to 1989. Most years that was 4 away games, some years 5. Of course, in the Ivies most of the away games were within a 3-4 hour drive, except for Cornell. I did attend the game in Hawaii in 1987, however.

damn thats sweet... i want to get to the point that im seeing my team all the time... it would be nice if we had northeast type of distances around here... but then again the Southland is not too bad but our OOC games are killer!

TexasTerror
January 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
damn thats sweet... i want to get to the point that im seeing my team all the time... it would be nice if we had northeast type of distances around here... but then again the Southland is not too bad but our OOC games are killer!

TxSt02, too bad the Bobcats don't do SELA or Nicholls this year. Would love to meet ya!

SLC road trips are getting worse with Conway, AR now a trip. A&M-CC is going to be a schlep too if you want to road trip in other sports, especially if you are Louisiana school...

eaglesrthe1
January 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM
One of the McNeese fellas, (Either McNeese 72 or 75) has gone to every McNeese game for 25+ years. He's somewhere around 300 consecutive games. :eek: :eek:

TxSt02
January 28th, 2006, 06:23 PM
TxSt02, too bad the Bobcats don't do SELA or Nicholls this year. Would love to meet ya!

SLC road trips are getting worse with Conway, AR now a trip. A&M-CC is going to be a schlep too if you want to road trip in other sports, especially if you are Louisiana school...

yeah same here... Katrina didnt really help this year... Maybe in 07???

TexasTerror
January 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM
yeah same here... Katrina didnt really help this year... Maybe in 07???

Definitely...perhaps if it works out, we could do some sort of I-AA double-dip in 2007 with Baton Rouge, Thibodaux and Hammond not too far apart. Perhaps, we can even drag Ralph down for it if he doesn't do it in 2006!

McTailGator
January 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Just curious... Not counting if you played or were a member of the coaching staff. How many have you travelled to as a fan?

In '04 I saw Tx State 4 times.

at Baylor
at Appalachian State
at Cal Poly
at Sam Houston

Name yours!

I am thinking about heading to all of our 5 away games this year... So wanted to see how extreme some of you guys are...

I attended 7 out of town games in 2002.

Youngstown;
UL-Monroe;
Nebraska;
SFA;
Jax-State; and
Northwestern;
NC Game in Chattanooga

The 2003 TxSU game was the first out of town McNeese game I missed in 3 years due to the fact you guys moved that game to a Thursday night, which should be against the law, and the fact that I was in Amarillo for a meeting that I could not get out of.

I try not to miss any games. No matter what. I typically budget about $1200 a year for all my road trips.

We have a couple of McNeese fans that have attended over 300 consecutive games now, including the GeauxCowboys.com webmaster who has attended somethink like 360+ now.

McTailGator
January 28th, 2006, 08:42 PM

UCA is located only about 30 miles from Little Rock, which has direct air service from Houston and San Antonio, which is running about $179 RT right now. NO excuses for TxSU and SHSU fans to not take advantage of that.

I'll be a Houston resident in the next couple of months, so that will be an easy one for me to follow my Cowboys when they travel up there.

Same goes for A&M-CC once they get football on the Island as well.

kats89
January 29th, 2006, 08:37 AM
UCA is located only about 30 miles from Little Rock, which has direct air service from Houston and San Antonio, which is running about $179 RT right now. NO excuses for TxSU and SHSU fans to not take advantage of that.

I'll be a Houston resident in the next couple of months, so that will be an easy one for me to follow my Cowboys when they travel up there.

Same goes for A&M-CC once they get football on the Island as well.

Personally, I am looking forward to going to UCA to see a game in the future.

AM-Corpus Christi will be fun. Take the fishing pole when you go!!

MACHIAVELLI
January 29th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Every away game in 2005
Seattle, WA
Dallas, TX
Pine Bluff, AR
Jackson, MS
Montgomery, AL
Houston, TX
Alcorn St., MS
Birmingham, AL

McNeese75
January 29th, 2006, 11:03 AM
One of the McNeese fellas, (Either McNeese 72 or 75) has gone to every McNeese game for 25+ years. He's somewhere around 300 consecutive games. :eek: :eek:

There are a number of Cowboy fans that attend them all every year. Richard (72) is at them all and has the pictures to prove it. :)

I have only missed 2 games in the last 4 years. The ooc games in that stretch include travelling to Portland State, Nebraska, Kansas State, Southern Utah, etc :hyped:

McNeese72
January 30th, 2006, 08:42 AM
There are a number of Cowboy fans that attend them all every year. Richard (72) is at them all and has the pictures to prove it. :)

I have only missed 2 games in the last 4 years. The ooc games in that stretch include travelling to Portland State, Nebraska, Kansas State, Southern Utah, etc :hyped:

I've been to all the McNeese games since the WKU game in 2001. Cbuck (Buck) is the one with the long streak. He has been to every McNeese game (home and away) since somewhere in the 70's. His streak is somewhere between 350 and 400 games (I think). He really doesn't like to talk about it though. I think the attention sort of embarasses him.

Doc

FL connection
January 30th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Been to every EIU game the last three years........streak will come to an end soon........graduation sucks!!!!! connection out!!!

Umass74
January 30th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Last year I made all the away games except for Hofstra.

Since I started my season tickets at UMass in 1975, I have missed maybe five home games :)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 30th, 2006, 11:37 AM
My best season was 2004 when I attended road games at:

Delaware
Rutgers
Dartmouth
Villanova
Northeastern
Georgia Southern (Playoff game)

With home games being a 2:45 trip one way, home games aren't that different from road games for me. Adding three home games to that road list was a pretty good season if I may say so.

Delaware Ghostrider II
January 30th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I attend all of UD's home games due to being a Season Tik holder (NORTH ENDZONE BABY!!!!!)

I ALWAYS attend the away Villanova games, and when we play Navy I always get my tiks in advance. Have also travelled to a few games vs JMU.

blackfordpu
January 30th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Last season I just made it to two away games, McNeese St. and Texas State.

I did make it to six total games last season.

2004 I just made it to one away game, SFA. I made it to five total games that year.

Ivytalk
January 31st, 2006, 08:52 AM
Never more than two since my graduation. I usually make the Penn and/or Princeton games (they're both "away" in even-numbered years), and I've also been to Columbia and Yale, as well as Patriot schools. For some reason, I've never taken in a game at Brown or Cornell, although I understand that Schoellkopf Field in Ithaca provides spectacular scenery in leaf-peeping season.

UCABEARS75
January 31st, 2006, 10:07 AM
I have only missed two UCA games the last three years, both times trips to Valdosta State which is a long trip from here. Looking forward to new road trips now that we are in the SLC. However, 2006 will be a challenge with road trips to Texas (2), California, South Dakota, Illinois, Tennessee, Georgia that I know of.

I shall do my best.

melloAggiesousa
February 2nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Does being in the band count?

My best year was 7 years after grad'ing...1997. Went to Sac State (only 15 minutes away...might as well be a home game, since we usually have more fans there), Clarion - Pennsylvania, missed the game at Idaho, St. Mary's in Moraga (no more football there, now...I wonder what they do with their Sugar Bowl banner?), Southern Utah, Texas A & I...oops...Texas A&M - Kingsville, Angelo State - Texas, and New Haven (the game was played in the Yale Bowl). Hey, that's two schools that no longer have football teams; coincidence? Seven games (no Kibbe Dome for me)...two halfway across the country and two all the way across. Oh, to be that young again.

roadwarrior
February 6th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I have been to ALL of North Dakota State's games since the start of the 1982 season. 284 in a row right now. And, its a 500 mile round trip for our home games for me!

bulldog10jw
February 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I have been to ALL of North Dakota State's games since the start of the 1982 season. 284 in a row right now. And, its a 500 mile round trip for our home games for me!

Congrats. That's great.

McNeese75
February 6th, 2006, 10:10 PM

:beerchug:

LeopardFan04
February 6th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Simply awesome!

slostang
February 7th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I made five of seven last year. All but one were out of state. I traveled to Troy, AL; Missoula, MT twice; Davis, CA (the only in state away game) and San Marcos, TX.

This year year Poly has three in state away games and three out of state games. I will probably make five of the six away games this coming year and more if they make the playoffs. I would make all of them, but I would end up in divorce court.