PDA

View Full Version : Nova visits The White House

jstclmet
September 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Apparently, when you win a National Championship, not only do you get invited to join a BCS FBS conference, but you get invited to the White House too. Who knew?? xsmiley_wix

http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091410aaa.html

superman7515
September 15th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Why on Earth would you punish a team for winning?

xlolx

Belleair Boy
September 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Why on Earth would you punish a team for winning?

xlolx
I don't know if I would consider a Big East invite a punishment!<g>

Rob Iola
September 15th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Did they bring Gary McLain with them?

Belleair Boy
September 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Did they bring Gary McLain with them?

Nice Rob....nice.

superman7515
September 15th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I don't know if I would consider a Big East invite a punishment!<g>

I was leaning more towards the White House visit. Have you ever been in there? All politics aside, the place is a dump. Paint peeling off the walls, dusty as the day is long, the HVAC works great since it's nice and hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's honestly a shame considering what the White House is in this country and signifies around the world (again, all politics aside).

RookieWill
September 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Politics aside , the best part about the visit was Obama's quote about Matt Szczur

"There's one young man who even donated his bone marrow to a young girl he never met," Obama said. "As he said, `That's more important than a football game' and those kind of things will stay with you the rest of your lives."

NovaWildcat
September 15th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Also not the only Nova team there - Women's Cross Country was a National Champion, as well.

I don't have the article link on hand, but Chris Whitney was quoted as saying that when he shook Obama's hand, he grabbed Szczur and told the President that this was the guy he talked about. Pretty cool.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Did The Great One offer any of them free Healthcare?