ESPN giving the FCS a little love.

Pigs must be flying.

thmst30
September 13th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Great title for the article too.xsmiley_wix

sikolec
September 13th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Great title for the article too.xsmiley_wix

They should have a direct link to this site :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe their have been 6 FCS over FBS wins this season, tying the season record of previous seasons.

EmeryZach
September 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah, great title. And it is nice that it is the first story one espn.com. We need all the good press we can get after all the "cupcake" articles espn had a few weeks back.

NHwildEcat
September 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Nice article...

4th and What?
September 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe their have been 6 FCS over FBS wins this season, tying the season record of previous seasons.

We'll have to wait for the end of the regular season to know what the final number of wins are, since Georgia St is visiting Alabama on November 18th! xbangx

Uncle Buck
September 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Great article and a great W for the Dukes and FCS football.

GreatAppSt
September 13th, 2010, 06:11 PM
ESPN giving the FCS a little love.

Pigs must be flying.

Cats & Dogs sleeping together.......

JohnStOnge
September 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM
No thanks to McNeese.

Sonic98
September 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Good Article

putter
September 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Great quotes by MM. The top of the FCS can and always does compete when they play up and it is nice to see the W's starting to fall in place.

JohnStOnge
September 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Great quotes by MM. The top of the FCS can and always does compete when they play up

Well, that's not ALWAYS true. I can think of some occasions when I-AA/FCS champs got blown out pretty badly by BCS leauge schools. Like eventual national champ Western Kentucky was beaten 48-3 by Kansas State in 2002 and ended the game with only 183 yards total offense. And eventual national champ James Madison was beaten 45-10 by West Virginia. But I think it's safe to say that they do compete more frequently than most major college football fans think.

putter
September 14th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Well, that's not ALWAYS true. I can think of some occasions when I-AA/FCS champs got blown out pretty badly by BCS leauge schools. Like eventual national champ Western Kentucky was beaten 48-3 by Kansas State in 2002 and ended the game with only 183 yards total offense. And eventual national champ James Madison was beaten 45-10 by West Virginia. But I think it's safe to say that they do compete more frequently than most major college football fans think.

Good point JSO, but even in the blowouts the games were not as bad as some would have thought. Montana played Iowa and lost 41-7 but the score was 17-7 at the start of the 4th quarter.....depth just takes over at times.

JmuSkinsfan
September 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
In 2007 and 2008 JMU played Duke and UNC close for 3 quarters before they pulled away and won by 20+.

Last year JMU took Maryland to OT, and if not for some shotty kicking, we could have won. This year we beat Tech by getting better as the game went on. INteresting in comparison to the UNC and Duke situations ... but yes, usually big time FCS teams can hang with any FBS team for 3 quarters, but usually lose it in the 4th when the extra scholarships and energy seem to make the difference. Didn't Liberty play WVU close for 3 quarters last year, too?

msusig
September 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
No thanks to McNeese.

We have another shot to get a close game against LSU and get some respect this season!