PDA

View Full Version : JMU gets 11 votes in AP top 25

turn1979
September 12th, 2010, 03:33 PM
AP Top 25 (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings)

'neers80
September 12th, 2010, 03:40 PM
You can give partial credit to App State for those votes!

NHwildEcat
September 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Does that mean we should vote for Lambuth?

JMUNJ08
September 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
You can give partial credit to App State for those votes!

Fine no problem!

JmuSkinsfan
September 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM
How many votes did App get after they beat Michigan? I remember it was a big deal that they were included, but can't remember off the top of my head.

superman7515
September 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
19 votes. But honestly, it would have been more. They didn't change the rule allowing FCS teams to receive votes until a week after they had beaten Michigan. Had they been eligible the first week instead of after playing Lenoir Rhyne, more people would have given them a vote.

JMU1992
September 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM
JMU got 11 points, not 11 votes. Two wrters in California voted for JMU in the their top 25's

boonegoon
September 13th, 2010, 12:16 PM
How good is JMU, really? I think it's an awesome win. I love it when this happens but they were 6-5 last year. I don't know that much about them this year.

biggie
September 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM
How good is JMU, really? I think it's an awesome win. I love it when this happens but they were 6-5 last year. I don't know that much about them this year.
As bad as VT looked in that game, I'm not sure it was a good measure. And from what I hear of the JMU offense in the game it wasn't impressive either.

But the future games against good comp will give the verdict.

jmufan999
September 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM

we don't know how good the team is. but you have to remember that we were playing a true freshman QB for most of last year due to injury. Dudzik is now healthy (obviously) and Thorpe should be back for the Liberty game (i've been told that, anyway). the surprise has been how well the defense has played without Arthur Moats. we really only need 5 more wins against anyone at this point, and i think we can get that. probably more than a 50% chance we make the playoffs at this point.

mcveyrl
September 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
we don't know how good the team is. but you have to remember that we were playing a true freshman QB for most of last year due to injury. Dudzik is now healthy (obviously) and Thorpe should be back for the Liberty game (i've been told that, anyway). the surprise has been how well the defense has played without Arthur Moats. we really only need 5 more wins against anyone at this point, and i think we can get that. probably more than a 50% chance we make the playoffs at this point.

This is mostly accurate, but Thorpe won't be back for Liberty. Unless you know something else, he'll be on crutches for six weeks:

http://www.whsv.com/jmufootball/headlines/102296759.html

jmufan999
September 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
This is mostly accurate, but Thorpe won't be back for Liberty. Unless you know something else, he'll be on crutches for six weeks:

http://www.whsv.com/jmufootball/headlines/102296759.html

nope, don't know anything you didn't.... i just listened to the postgame show but obviously you have more up to date info. that's discouraging... he looked faster than he did last year. granted, he was playing Morehead State so pretty much everyone on our team looked faster.

wr70beh
September 14th, 2010, 06:23 AM

This whole game has Bryan Stinespring written all over it.

Hokie Nation bringing out the pitchforks. (http://firebryanstinespring.blogspot.com)

mcveyrl
September 14th, 2010, 08:14 AM
This whole game has Bryan Stinespring written all over it.

Hokie Nation bringing out the pitchforks. (http://firebryanstinespring.blogspot.com)

I love the Big Lebowski quote at the top...

ThompsonThe
September 14th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I sure hope you guys make the playoffs. Not wishing you any bad luck, but however, how ironic if you didn't.

mcveyrl
September 14th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I sure hope you guys make the playoffs. Not wishing you any bad luck, but however, how ironic if you didn't.

Yea, I've already pointed out to the FBS fans I've talked to: this really means much less to us than it does to Boise State. The only help is that we can afford to lose one more conference game (maybe a big help with the way the CAA is this year) and be eligible for the playoffs and it helps if we're being compared to another team. That's it.

JMUNJ08
September 14th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Yea, I've already pointed out to the FBS fans I've talked to: this really means much less to us than it does to Boise State. The only help is that we can afford to lose one more conference game (maybe a big help with the way the CAA is this year) and be eligible for the playoffs and it helps if we're being compared to another team. That's it.

Exactly what I was thinking! Great point! Just more cushin for the playoff pushin

UNH Fanboi
September 14th, 2010, 09:39 AM

JMU is in pretty good shape for making the playoffs, but not playing URI definitely hurts. I'd be really curious to see what would happen if JMU beats Liberty and then goes 3-5 in the CAA (let's say with wins over Towson, Maine and Richmond). Would the committee let in a 6-5 team with an FBS win and a possible win over the Big South champ??

Realistically though, going 4-4 in the CAA should not be too difficult for JMU. Towson and Maine should be two comfortable wins. Then they only have to go 2-4 in the other 6 games. I'm worried UNH at home will be one of those wins.