PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina keeps on representing in the Super Bowl.

catamount man
January 26th, 2006, 06:33 PM
http://catamountsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012606aad.html

Good luck Willie!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

SoCon Din
January 26th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Seems WCU has had more players the past 10 years play in the Super Bowl than the playoffs :hurray:

I know, I know, insert score right here from last year. :eek:

Tod
January 26th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Impressive! Way to go WCU!

:) :) :nod: :nod: :nod:

nlwwln
January 27th, 2006, 02:49 AM
i remember a tackle willie made in the AFC championship game in the fourth qtr against the colts that gave the steelers a chance to get the ball back which they did and they eventually scored and won the game. It had to have been one of the most clutch tackles I ever seen.

AUCATAMOUNT
January 27th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Does anyone keep stats on # of I-AA players appearing in superbowl. It would just be interesting to see amount of rep per year/ what school has had the most players in SB.

HiHiYikas
January 27th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Does anyone keep stats on # of I-AA players appearing in superbowl. It would just be interesting to see amount of rep per year/ what school has had the most players in SB.
That would be interesting to see...

I might root against them while they're in college, but I am a fan of any SoCon-er that makes it in the NFL. Brad Hoover is a clear favorite, but I was happy to see A.P. put the ball in the end zone against Carolina in the playoffs (I would have been less happy if Chicago had won the game).

Saint3333
January 27th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Even TO...

I pull for AP, but that would have been awful if he would have had the opportunity to knock the panthers out of the playoffs.

catamount man
January 29th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Impressive! Way to go WCU!

:) :) :nod: :nod: :nod:

Don't forget, former DL Nick McNeil(2000-2003) was activated by the Washington Redskins as well before the playoffs, so there was another former Catamount who potentially could've had a shot at the playoffs. Plus, we have another former Catamount who is presently playing in the AFL. Michael Spicer plays for the Los Angeles Avengers as both a LB and as a FB. He is currently WCU's career leader for TFLs with 58 over his career in Cullowhee. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

http://www.laavengers.com/team/about/profile.php?strProfileType=Players&intProfileID=37