PDA

View Full Version : Which conference had the worst day?

Jackman
September 11th, 2010, 10:24 PM
What do you think?

Saint3333
September 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
ACC a conference looking for any good OOC win took a huge step back today.

Miami was respectable other than that awful

Conference favorite loses to an FCS program in JMU

GT loses to a team that lost to an FCS program last week

FSU gets destroyed by OK.

I think the ACC had 10 "premier" games in the first few weeks and are 0fer thus far. The FCS has hurt them.

JMUNJ08
September 11th, 2010, 11:06 PM
ACC in a landslide

Sader87
September 11th, 2010, 11:14 PM
This will be known as the day the "Patriot League" died.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Patriot League. The top 3 teams in the pre-season poll were outscored 111-22. Lafayette who was picked 4th lost to one of the worst programs in FCS football and is a fellow PL'er.

Franks Tanks
September 11th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Patriot League. The top 3 teams in the pre-season poll were outscored 111-22. Lafayette who was picked 4th lost to one of the worst programs in FCS football who happens to be in the PL.

Agree. Lehigh, Colgate, and Holy Cross all got destroyed. Lafayette suffered their most difficult loss since the 56-0 debacle to Colgate in 1999. Anyone here can say anything they want about the PL and I will have no response. Utterly terrible showing today.

UNCBears2010
September 12th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Can I write in the Big Sky?

uofmman1122
September 12th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Can I write in the Big Sky?Far from the worst. I won't say we did well, though.

Montana played like ****, and lost, EWU played like **** and won, MSU played well, but lost, NAU did respectably against ASU, PSU and Sac State both got wins, and WSU and UNC had a hell of a game.

If MSU and UM had gotten a few more favorable bounces, we would have been talking about the awesome day in the BSC.

Twentysix
September 12th, 2010, 01:26 AM
MVC won 1 game? And it was against butler. We dont have a single team that has 2 wins after 2 weeks.

It should shake out better in the long run though.

Bogus Megapardus
September 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM
We suck.

superman7515
September 12th, 2010, 07:31 AM
My vote goes to the CAA. Villanova puts the ball on the ground 5 times. James Madison barely defeats Virginia Tech who was trying to hand the game away to make Boise look bad, Delaware missed a field goal and an extra point against South Dakota State, Maine's Jared Turcotte was held to one reception for one yard, UMass was shut out in the 2nd half, Towson had to come back and score 47 points in the 2nd half & OT to edge out the win, Willam & Mary still clearly had a hangover from their loss to UMass, UNH had their streak end, and Rhode Island couldn't hold on the last 2:30.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty CAA has struck out.

:D

FormerPokeCenter
September 12th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Y'all northern boys ain't got nuthin on the Southland....

McNeese wasn't competitive in any phase of the game in a 50-6 loss to an unranked Missouri. Our lone score came against their fifth street in garbage time....

Some of us throught that the too-close-for-comfort performance against Lamar might have been purposefully deceiving, but the Missouri game fixed that misconception. Lamar did too, struggling to beat NAIA Webber International by one touchdown.

Northwestern looked pretty pathetic against Samford. No offensie to Stanford or Northwestern. I'm betting that either team would have scored more than the 6 points McNeese managed at Mizzou. Hell, Norhwestern scored 21 at Airforce, fer cryin' out loud.

Nicholls got throttled, and the conference wins - save for UCA over Estern Illinois - were all closer than predicted....

At this rate, we need to man up and tell the NCAA that we don't deserve an auto-bid.

RichH2
September 12th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I might as well join in with the "misery loves company" group. Altho, Fordham did clearly establish that lower half of PL a tad better than that of CAA.
We simply were outclassed. Heck , JMU picked 4th in CAA beat Virginia Tech. Methinks it will not be good for our "inner peace" to use the CAA as a benchmark for our PL

Bogus Megapardus
September 12th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I might as well join in with the "misery loves company" group. Altho, Fordham did clearly establish that lower half of PL a tad better than that of CAA.
We simply were outclassed. Heck , JMU picked 4th in CAA beat Virginia Tech. Methinks it will not be good for our "inner peace" to use the CAA as a benchmark for our PL

Rich - form the looks of things yesterday, maybe we ought to be aiming for the UAA (http://www.uaa.rochester.edu/) rather than the CAA.

WestCoastAggie
September 12th, 2010, 10:49 AM
The MEAC...

ngineer
September 12th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Rich - form the looks of things yesterday, maybe we ought to be aiming for the UAA (http://www.uaa.rochester.edu/) rather than the CAA.

More truth than what you may think in that. We are probably closer to Rochester, Tufts, and Williams than the CAA right now.

DOME
September 12th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I think the valley had a pretty crappy weekend...last weekend was real good for us though. Granted most games were against fbs teams but SDSU should have showed up a little more. After all the yotes did!

JALMOND
September 12th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Can I write in the Big Sky?

I actually thought we as a conference had a good day (compared to other conferences). Montana is on such a high pillar nationally, but you lose by 2 points on the road to a conference favorite, that should not count as a bad loss no matter who you are. Portland State got a win on the road against a team who's only home loss last year was against Montana. Montana State controlled the game and led up to the end against the Pac-10. NAU looked a lot better against Arizona State than PSU did the week before. Weber and Northern Colorado played a heck of a game. Sac State never really lost control of the game against DII. Only EWU and Idaho State really had what could be considered "bad" games, and EWU came out with a win.