PDA

View Full Version : CAA Power Rankings???

UNH Fanboi
September 11th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Man, this is shaping up to be a crazy year in the CAA and FCS in general. How do you guys rank the CAA so far? With JMU's and Delaware's wins today, and UMass' win over W&M last week, the CAA looks even more stacked than it did at the beginning of the season, which is scary.

Here are my rankings through Week 2:

1. Nova
2. JMU
3. UNH
4. UMass
5. W&M
6. Delaware
7. Richmond
8. Maine
9. Towson
10. URI

JMU made a big statement today, but Nova is still stacked and I'd like to see if JMU can demonstrate some consistency before I give them the #1 spot (I'm not saying they won't, I'm just taking a wait and see approach for now).

UNH, UMass, W&M, Delaware and Richmond are all kind of interchangeable at this point. I can't wait until Week 4 and conference play goes into full swing.

Side Judge
September 11th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Temple >>> VA Tech? How else do you justify Nova over JMU? If Nova's so stacked they needed to beat Temple, pure and simple...

jmufan999
September 11th, 2010, 10:26 PM
JMU made a big statement today, but Nova is still stacked and I'd like to see if JMU can demonstrate some consistency before I give them the #1 spot (I'm not saying they won't, I'm just taking a wait and see approach for now).

Nova is still the top CAA team. and i still could see them going 8-0 in conference (as i've said for several months now). not just blowing smoke. i don't do that.

jmufan999
September 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Temple >>> VA Tech? How else do you justify Nova over JMU? If Nova's so stacked they needed to beat Temple, pure and simple...

i hear your reasoning, but don't forget that app state lost TWO conference games the year they beat michigan. you kinda have a target on your back after a big FBS win. also, temple wasn't coming off a very short week and nationally televised game. and finally, nova is still the reigning national champ.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 11th, 2010, 10:31 PM
1. JMU
2. Nova
3. Delaware
4. UMass
5. UNH
6. W&M
7. Richmond
8. Maine
9. Towson
10. URI

JMU's epic win against VT shoots them to the top, and 'Nova gets to sit at #2 despite the loss to Temple due to their run last year and today's annihilation of Lehigh. UD, as the only other 2 - 0 team in the conference other than JMU, earns the number 3 spot, especially in light of today's dominating victory over a higher ranked SDSU squad in what everyone expected to be a nail biter. UMass, with the only conference win so far, takes up number 4, and UNH, which has a generally strong program, steps in at #5, though it's hard to tell where UNH will place with a single win over a creampuff NEC school, and a single loss to a powerhouse FBS school. W&M takes the 6 spot after keeping the game with UMass close, and sending the VMI recruits back to basic training. Richmond has no wins, but with the only loss being to a strong FBS team manages to sneak in at number 7. Maine has a lot to prove after a loss to NEC Albany, and a victory over another NEC school doesn't do enough to keep them from eighth place. Towson proves they can play till the end after narrowly squeaking out a victory over CCU, and despite their only loss being to Indiana, it was a big one, and Indiana isn't known for their gridiron prowess. URI, who hasn't wrangled up a win yet after two shots, brings up the rear.

rumple
September 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
You can drop Delaware behind Maine if the Devlin broken wrist rumor is true.

UNH Fanboi
September 11th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Temple >>> VA Tech? How else do you justify Nova over JMU?

If we are talking about accomplishments so far this year, then yeah obviously JMU>Nova. But in terms of who I think is the better team, I think Nova still has the edge. One game only proves so much. UNI almost beat Iowa last year, then did jack **** the rest of the season. Nova returns nearly all of the players from the team that beat JMU 27-0 last year. Clearly JMU is better than they were last year, but have they solved their problems on offense? Today's game didn't really answer that question. They completed 5 passes and averaged 2.8 yards per carry. VT outgained JMU 362-235.

JMU's win today was awesome, but I'm trying to look at things as objectively as possible.

MR. CHICKEN
September 11th, 2010, 11:28 PM
You can drop Delaware behind Maine if the Devlin broken wrist rumor is true.

LEFT LIMB..NON-CHUCKIN'!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2010, 11:33 PM
It's not totally ridiculous to believe TU could be better than VTech this year. However, i'd wait to see how we do against UCONN this week before i really make that statement, lol. No matter what, 'Nova has to be #1 until they're beaten by an FCS team imo.

bleedblue
September 12th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Don't go over board with putting UD above UNH and Richmond. It "appears" we will be better than most thought but we have to see more from Richmond and W&M. Way to early to move UD up the list so far but UD and UMASS will make things tough for Nova, JMU, UNH, Richmond and W&M. Dam CAA is tough again. I would love to see the top 6 CAA teams get matched up with the top 6 from either the MAC or Conf USA each year, like the ACC and Big East have done in basketball. CAA is tops again in FCS.