PDA

View Full Version : Colgate's 2006 Schedule Announced

TheValleyRaider
January 26th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Here it is (http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/football/release.asp?id=4585)

Sept. 2 at Massachusetts
Sept. 16 Dartmouth
Sept. 23 Monmouth
Sept. 30 Georgetown
Oct. 7 Princeton
Oct. 14 at Cornell
Oct. 21 at Fordham
Oct. 28 Lafayette
Nov. 4 at Lehigh
Nov. 11 Holy Cross
Nov. 18 at Bucknell

Granted, it's been listed in this form under the "Future Schedules" for a while now. But here it is, official. Hopefully we can beat our NEC opponent this year :bang: and continue our historical dominance :D against UMass, although that'll be much tougher with them as the first game again in 2006.

ngineer
January 26th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Nice start out of the box. Win the opener and you'll be able to build up some good 'mo' for a few weeks before the 'gauntlet' begins...

colgate13
January 26th, 2006, 07:54 PM
God how opening Colgate games scare me! But there is no good reason why we can't start the bulk of the PL schedule at 6-1 at least!

Go...gate
January 27th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Nice to see so many home games. I remember when we were getting two a year. Did Monmouth replace Columbia?

Pard4Life
January 27th, 2006, 11:48 AM
When does Georgia Southern show up on the slate? 2007?

Good schedule indeed. Monmouth and the NEC will no longer be that auto-W for everyone.

Lafayette starts at Bucknell. We will know where we stand in week one. And who knows, we might have Colgate in our heads by week one if we don't beat the Bison.

colgate13
January 27th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Nice to see so many home games. I remember when we were getting two a year. Did Monmouth replace Columbia?

Yes. And it's actually a better schedule because of it!

As for the NEC, we know FIRST HAND that they are not an auto W! We're still looking for our first program win against an NEC school. :(

carney2
January 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Lafayette starts at Bucknell.

And this is NOT the opener for Bucknell. Is this a horror story waiting to unfold?!?

In any event, my crystal ball reveals that both Lehigh and Colgate will have identical 10 - 1 records and will lose to the same team. Only one of them will get an at-large bid to the playoffs. Remember where you heard it first.

colgate13
January 27th, 2006, 01:51 PM
In any event, my crystal ball reveals that both Lehigh and Colgate will have identical 10 - 1 records and will lose to the same team.

Georgetown? :confused:

xazzx:cool:xazzx:cool:xazzx:cool:xazzx

Go...gate
January 27th, 2006, 01:56 PM
And what team would that be???

:smiley_wi :rotateh: :smiley_wi :rotateh: :smiley_wi :rotateh:

carney2
January 27th, 2006, 01:56 PM
...my crystal ball reveals that both Lehigh and Colgate will have identical 10 - 1 records and will lose to the same team.

Not possible, but you get my point.

Oh yeah, not Georgetown.

njhoya
January 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Ouch... we may be much improved and not have to suffer this type of indignity in the future

colgate13
January 27th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Ouch... we may be much improved and not have to suffer this type of indignity in the future

Beat Lehigh and Colgate... in the same year no less... and you will most certainly be much improved! :nod:

I'm just having fun with my PL pals...

Lehigh Football Nation
January 27th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Beat Lehigh and Colgate... in the same year no less... and you will most certainly be much improved! :nod:

I'm just having fun with my PL pals...

I'd be happy if once, just once, they could beat Princeton or Harvard. :eek:

Go...gate
January 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Kind of the way I feel about Colgate-Delaware. Are we EVER gonna beat those Blue Hens???? :eek:

Pard4Life
January 28th, 2006, 12:19 PM
When does Georgia Southern show up on the slate? 2007?

Good schedule indeed. Monmouth and the NEC will no longer be that auto-W for everyone.

Lafayette starts at Bucknell. We will know where we stand in week one. And who knows, we might have Colgate in our heads by week one if we don't beat the Bison.

Correcting myself here... I think I meant to say Furman instead of Georgia Southern.

Pard4Life
January 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM
And this is NOT the opener for Bucknell. Is this a horror story waiting to unfold?!?

In any event, my crystal ball reveals that both Lehigh and Colgate will have identical 10 - 1 records and will lose to the same team. Only one of them will get an at-large bid to the playoffs. Remember where you heard it first.

Actually, this might be that bad of a story... we have game tape on them, they have none on us. But honestly, I think we know enough about each other that it won't matter.

And p.s., where the heck are the Bucknell and Holy Cross PL posters here? We have more Gtown posters than them.. and Gtown hasn't tasted PL success yet.. what's with that?

LBPop
January 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Oh the shame of it...being the butt of jokes and we haven't even gotten through the first month of 2006. Don't know what kind of team the Hoyas will be, but if off season workouts mean anything, Georgetown will be bringin' it in the 4th quarter this season (as they try to overcome that 30 point deficit ). :bawling: