Syntax Error
September 11th, 2010, 02:21 PM
41-38 over Goofers

strike00
September 11th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Big congrats to the Yotes!!!

darell1976
September 11th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Great job Yotes!!!! We will see if we can get a FBS win just like you!

katstrapper
September 11th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Just finished watching this game. That S. Dakota QB is good. Congrats Coyotes!!xhurrayx

TTUEagles
September 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
GREAT win!!!

darell1976
September 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
ESPN just called South Dakota the Fighting Tom Brokaw's.xlolx

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Nothing cheap about USD's victory today either. They led from the midway point of the 1st quarter to the final bell, put up 442 yards of total offense on the Goofs, and got 2 huge first downs to seal the deal. Great job USD!

Uncle Buck
September 11th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Minnesota needs to stop scheduling FCS teams, they just don't seem to do that well against us.

darell1976
September 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Minnesota needs to stop scheduling FCS teams, they just don't seem to do that well against us.

We need to play them, but after this they might just stick to playing us in hockey.

JBB
September 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
You have your own FBS game today. You had one last week too. What you need is a win.

This sets up a huge game in Fargo. When the Yotes roll in the Fabulous Fargo Dome will be rockin!!! Its going to be a big game.

dakotadan
September 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
This wasn't a fluke win, USD was the better team today. Their QB Dante Warren and the offense was very impressive today. USD might turn out to be a pretty good team this year. AND they only have 6 seniors on their squad I believe!

Great win Coyotes!

redspider
September 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Congrats South Dakota looked good out there particularly your QB!

darell1976
September 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
This wasn't a fluke win, USD was the better team today. Their QB Dante Warren and the offense was very impressive today. USD might turn out to be a pretty good team this year.

Great win Coyotes!

And yet no playoffs. Seems like the really good teams get wasted during the transition period. Stupid NCAA rule.xmadx

JBB
September 11th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Just listening to Punky "The Giant Killer" Brewster. He sounds like Mussman, the UND coach.

Brewster just got done saying they have talent on the team and they belong on the field with the best. They cant let this loss define them.

I swear I heard the same thing more than once from Coach Mussemen. Brewster must listen to the UND coaches show.

SoCalAg
September 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Congrats 'Yotes. Great win for your program. I'd like to talk big about the GWFC now, but this win is all yours. Great day for your program, and yeah, that QB looked awesome!

dakotadan
September 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Just listening to Punky "The Giant Killer" Brewster. He sounds like Mussman, the UND coach.

Brewster just got done saying they have talent on the team and they belong on the field with the best. They cant let this loss define them.

I swear I heard the same thing more than once from Coach Mussemen. Brewster must listen to the UND coaches show.

Get over your infatuation, JBB.

Yote 53
September 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys, It feels great to be a Coyote today. I think this is just the boost this program needs at this stage in transition.

JBB
September 11th, 2010, 03:22 PM
LOL.....get over yours. I think you are a little sensitive but that makes sense under the circumstances. Take it easy and enjoy the board. If you want to vent do it here. Its cleansing. You will feel better.

Brewster obviously listens to Mussmans show or coaches in that position say the same things. Its tough to tell. I wish I could have heard Marquart (sp). He has been outspoken in the past. Bohl was very gracious after the Kansas win.

What the coaches say often reveals the mood and character of a program under stress. Obviously Brewster is trying to convince himself they have talent.

What a win for USD! Welcome to the club! Suddenly there is another big game for all of the Dakotas to enjoy. Welcome to Fargo USD. Its going to be a very big game.

NDSU is hosting the Round Robin Football Championship of the Dakotas!!!!

darell1976
September 11th, 2010, 03:25 PM
LOL.....get over yours. Brewster obviously listens to Mussmans show or coaches in that position say the same things. Its tough to tell. I wish I could have heard Marquart (sp). He has been outspoken in the past. Bohl was very gracious after the Kansas win.

What the coaches say often reveals the mood and character of a program under stress.

What a win for USD! Welcome to the club! Suddenly there is another big game for all of the Dakotas to enjoy. Welcome to Fargo USD. Its going to be a very big game.

Yep that's what Gopher coaches do..they turn on the UND coaches show to prepare for South Dakota.

dennisdent
September 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Great game to watch and really impressed by USD. Congrats!

JBB
September 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Yep that's what Gopher coaches do..they turn on the UND coaches show to prepare for South Dakota.

I thought it was more like preparing for a loss, but it was just a joke anyway. But I will tell you Brewster was almost word for word with Mussmen!! Probably just a coincidence but funny.

Lets drop it ok? Its USDs day.

GO YOTES!!!

EmeryZach
September 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats South Dakota! Great Win.

UNI Pike
September 11th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Go Yotes. I hope your QB has used up his arm for the season, or at least through 10/16.

darell1976
September 11th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I thought it was more like preparing for a loss, but it was just a joke anyway. But I will tell you Brewster was almost word for word with Mussmen!! Probably just a coincidence but funny.

Lets drop it ok? Its USDs day.

GO YOTES!!!

Maybe Mussman was coaching the Gophers in disguise, and Brewster is in Illinois with the Sioux.xlolx It is USD's day. Enjoy the ESPN highlights USD Fighting Tom Brokaw's!!!!

Twentysix
September 11th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Congrats, Hopefully SDSU can pickup this dakotas tradtion of beating FBS/BCS opponents.

whitey
September 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Great win South Dakota! Feels great doesn't it?

NoCoDanny
September 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I watched most of this game and SD deserved to win they brought it for 60 there certainly wasn't any fluke to it that's for sure. Minnesota looks like straight **** but I'd attribute that to SD keeping them off balance all day.

MTBison
September 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Great Job South Dakota!!! Every FCS win over the FBS looks good for all of us.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Congrats!

SoCalAg
September 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
what does USC do to Minny next week?

bisonguy
September 11th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Congrats to the Yotes!

Looks like it might be a great game in the Fargodome this year.

Cocky
September 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Good job

bincitysioux
September 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Good game Yotes!!!!

At least the gophers have......................hockey. xchinscratchx

GradBison
September 11th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Congrats to the Yotes! Gophers are better off not playing any of the Dakota teams. :)

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Great win fellas!

Syntax Error
September 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM
The University of South Dakota's football team passed its second FBS test Saturday with flying colors.

The Coyotes defeated Minnesota -- a member of the Big Ten Conference -- 41-38. Quarterback Dante Warren was 21-for-30 passing with 352 yards and three touchdowns. He also led USD with 81 yards rushing and another two touchdowns.

USD, just in its third season as a Division I program, lost last week to Central Florida 38-7.

The win gave USD coach Ed Meierkort his 100th coaching victory -- 45th at USD.

Copyright 2010 Sioux City Journal.

Actually the Coyotes are not full D-I yet. Which makes the win over the Big 10 team waaaaaaaay more impressive!

Syntax Error
September 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
saw this

South Dakota 41, Minnesota 38
South Dakota QB Dante Warren accounted for 433 yards of total offense, threw three touchdown passes and ran for two more scores as the Coyotes of the FCS Great West Conference took the lead midway through the first quarter and never relinquished it in upsetting Minnesota on Saturday in Minneapolis in the first meeting between the two schools in 80 years. Will Powell had eight catches for 156 yards and 2 TD for the Coyotes (1-1), who lost their opener last week at Central Florida. Adam Weber passed for 258 yards and three touchdowns and Duane Bennett rushed for 102 yards and 2 TD in a losing cause for Minnesota (1-1), which lost at home to an FCS team for the second time in four years. In 2007, the Gophers lost to North Dakota State. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/6564/fcs-over-fbs-equals-one-big-mess

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Great WIN !!!! Congrats.

NDB
September 11th, 2010, 05:41 PM
per Minneapolis Sports Radio on Thursday, "USD is the weakest opponent the Gophers have seen in decades."

Yote 53
September 11th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Tells you something about how weak the Gophers are then.

Hammerhead
September 11th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I kept waiting for USD to run out of steam but they kept on going like the Engerizer bunny. One of the highlight shows said Minnesota needed a roadrunner to match the Coyotes at halftime.