PDA

View Full Version : Game Preview: Villanova at Lehigh, 9/11/2010

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2010, 02:10 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/09/game-preview-villanova-at-lehigh.html

Whew! I am jacked for the game this weekend, even if the odds are against us. Villanova is a huge challenge, as you'll see in my preview.

heath
September 9th, 2010, 06:43 PM
The key to the game might be SZCZUR, he had an off night against Temple(except in the return game), can the MThawks keep him from taking the game over? A veteran secondary for LU will make the difference....or not. Is this a sellout yet? should be a great game. NOVA 34- LU 20

VUCats02
September 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Enjoyed reading the preview. Good stuff. The nova loss last week really stings now considering Temple's kicker is 0 for 2 so far against Central Michigan on a 30 and 38 yard field goal. He was 4 for 5 against nova with all 4 being 40+ yard field goals and one of them was from 54 yards out. I'm not sure if it would have been better for you guys if we had lost or won that game last week, but it is clear that nova can't afford to start the season off 0-2. I'm not sure which game is scarier, this one or upenn in a couple weeks. Both might be very tricky for nova.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2010, 07:25 PM
We're completely outplaying CMU yet we're only up 7-0 at the half.

There is no doubt that Villanova is very good but Lehigh has played them enough times that there will be some level of comfort. Plus it's a home game for the Hawks.

ngineer
September 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM
The key to the game might be SZCZUR, he had an off night against Temple(except in the return game), can the MThawks keep him from taking the game over? A veteran secondary for LU will make the difference....or not. Is this a sellout yet? should be a great game. NOVA 34- LU 20

Game will not be a sellout. I would hope for something around 13,000. Villanova does not travel well. If the weather is good, and it should be with current forecasts, Lehigh's side should be full with overflow on the south endzone hill and visitors side. Place can actually hold 20,000 with the horseshoe hillside seating.

ngineer
September 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Lehigh losing two starters (Troy Taylor LB, and Jaren Walker FB) already is disheartening..for two seniors who have had a plethora of injuries and were looking forward to big send off senior year. Lehigh has decent backups to take their place, especially on defense, but the problem in a game like this is depth. The big difference between Lehigh and a CAA power is depth, which is what will make the fourth quarter so crucial. Five years ago, we went up 16-0 against 'nova in Goodman, but couldn't hold on.

Anovafan
September 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Nice job LFN. I always enjoy your write-ups and in depth knowledge of Lehigh's team. I'll be heading up to Goodman on Saturday to watch a good one.

kardplayer
September 10th, 2010, 09:45 PM
The full Kard family will be in attendance Saturday - hoping for a good game. My B-I-L and S-I-L just moved out to Allentown, so we're meeting them at the game and hoping to add a few more long-term fans to the Lehigh fan base.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Looking forward to the game later today ALMOST as much as Temple-'Nova last week. I just hope Lehigh can put together 60 minutes of clean football. If they do that then i think they'll be in the game. However, if they are sloppy they will get crushed. I think they battle tooth and nail until 'Nova breaks their back with a 4th quarter TD.

While Temple's offense has better athletes, the Hawks defense, especially LB's and CB's, are as good if not better than TU's. They should be good enough to keep Nova from lighting up the scoreboard assuming the offense doesn't put them in bad spots. The offense has to make first downs and produce a few big plays.

Philliesfan980
September 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Is video of this game on the internet/tv anywhere? I thought it was going to be on The Comcast Network, but I guess not.

RichH2
September 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Boy did Lehigh get their butts kicked today. Embarassing to be so totally outclassed. Some nice plays on D and QB given no run attack also OK but we were never in the game after the 1st period.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Boy did Lehigh get their butts kicked today. Embarassing to be so totally outclassed. Some nice plays on D and QB given no run attack also OK but we were never in the game after the 1st period.

The offense is dreadful. Besides a couple blown coverages the D actually played fairly well considering the offense could do nothing. When was the last time Lehigh hasn't run an offensive play inside the redzone?

After the false start when it was 2nd and 1 and then when Lum ran in to the RB on a 3rd down i knew things just haven't changed.