PDA

View Full Version : Fmr SHSU QB, Maine WR Work for 'Boys

TexasTerror
January 24th, 2006, 10:34 PM
From the Cowboys...

The Cowboys worked out three players Friday: former Sam Houston State and Texas A&M quarterback Dustin Long, East Carolina receiver Richard Alston and Maine receiver Christian Pereira.

blackfordpu
January 25th, 2006, 07:29 PM
From the Cowboys...

The Cowboys worked out three players Friday: former Sam Houston State and Texas A&M quarterback Dustin Long, East Carolina receiver Richard Alston and Maine receiver Christian Pereira.

Keep us posted on how they did. :)

blukeys
January 25th, 2006, 09:22 PM
In terms of raw talent Christian Pereira is unreal. I believe he played his first football game as a senior in high school.

GannonFan
January 26th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah, Periera can play - big athletic receiver with good hands. Shame he may end up with the stinkin cowgirls though.

kats89
January 26th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I think Long signed for a few weeks with the Cowboys last year to help work out receivers because all their QB's were not around.

TexasTerror
January 26th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I think Long signed for a few weeks with the Cowboys last year to help work out receivers because all their QB's were not around.

Yep. He was invited to the rookie camp they run not too long after schools get out because they needed a QB in Dallas to throw the pill around...

Quite a few halfway decent QBs who have no shot at the NFL typically get the invite...

nlwwln
January 27th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Pereira was signed by the packers I beleive this past season, must have only been on the practice squad but seems to have all the skills to make it.

foghorn
January 29th, 2006, 09:51 AM
:nod: Two years ago, Christian Pereira had his way against the Hens. I remember telling my football buddy that this guy is pro material. Glad he got the opportunity and I hope he succeeds. :cool:

UNHknowledge
February 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Pereira is a pretty solid reciever, very physical, good hands, and does a good job at going up and catching balls at their highest point. He's a little bit on the slow side for a pro reciever but then again he played on a team with speed demons (McMahon and Gordon) so he may have just looked slower running with those guys.