PDA

View Full Version : Former I-AA player with 20 years

arkstfan
May 7th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Ray Brown who played I-AA ball at Arkansas State has 20 seasons of NFL experience and is still plugging along.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3182

Josh
May 7th, 2005, 10:58 AM
That is insane that he is coming up on his 20th season. Congrats to him!

TexasTerror
May 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Any NFL player with 20 years is impressive. Just amazes me to see players who have been in the league 15+ years. I think of the Matthews brothers, Clay (Cleveland) and Bruce (Houston/Tennessee) as amazing examples of guys who were good at what they did for plenty of years.

Mr. C
May 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM
That is impressive for Brown, but you probably see offensive lineman with as much longivity as any other position in the NFL. Anyone have any thoughts on where Brown would rank among the all-time great offensive linemen in I-AA history?

GannonFan
May 9th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Obviously I'm a fan of Gannon's - figure he's had 18 years and for half of that he was in Dennis Green's doghouse in Minnesota (benched during an 8-3 start in favor of ESPN's Sean Salisbury - I think they missed the playoffs that year - serves Green right) or stuck on the bench for Marty Schottenheimer in KC despite being the better QB on that team. Still love the NFL MVP award in 2002 - pretty hefty praise for a IAA QB (and with McNair and Warner part of a 3-peat on the NFL MVP award among IAA QB's).

WMTribe90
May 25th, 2005, 05:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken Jacky Slater (OL) had a twenty year NFL career with the Rams and played I-AA at Jackson State.

WMTribe90
May 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Never the less, a 20-year NFL career for a player from a current I-AA program. Pretty impressive.