PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis @ Cal

BlueGoldAg
September 4th, 2010, 10:14 AM
The last time the Aggies faced a PAC-10 team in 2005 they won a shocker with a 20-17 win over the Stanford Cardinal and they came back from a 17-0 deficit to get the victory. The odds are stacked pretty heavily against the Ags today, however, and Cal won't be as easy to sneak up on given the history of the Stanford win. The Aggies lost their 3rd year starting QB after spring ball when he decided to leave the team to pursue the ministry. So today Randy Wright, a RsFr QB, will make his collegiate debut and try to lead the Ags to a upset repeat. It will be a tall order to say the least since the Aggies have so many new players at the skill positions and Cal has a big size and speed advantage.

Time to head to Berkeley. Go Ags!! xhurrayx

SoCalAg
September 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I am an Aggie through and through, but we could be in some serious trouble today. I hope this doesn't do long term damage to a freshman QB. I am hopeful, but not optimistic.

slostang
September 4th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Go get em Ags.

ThreadStopper
September 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM
New avitatr if Davis wins this one! Good luck Aggies!

darell1976
September 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM
UC Davis is looking tough down 21-0 they are still in this one. I found the game on Comcast on Directv (part of my sports package) so I get to see our conference foe pull an upset for the GWFC! GO UC DAVIS!!

Green Cookie Monster
September 4th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Cal 35
UCFE -0-
Halftime

Zoinks!

darell1976
September 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cal 35
UCFE -0-
Halftime

Zoinks!

xconfusedx

Green Cookie Monster
September 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM
University of California Farm Extension, since davis was established as the farm extension to Berkeley.

aggiemba
September 4th, 2010, 10:31 PM
The game was no fun to be at. Simply outmatched by superior team. Green Laser you guys looked marginally better against furd. Should be a good matchup for us on Nov. 20th.

BlueGoldAg
September 4th, 2010, 11:20 PM
The game itself wasn't pretty for the Ags but the pre-game activities for the huge number of Aggie fans plus a beautiful day at Memorial Stadium and crowd of 58,040 football fans was great. The Golden Bears were simply bigger, faster and more athletic and they dominated the O and D lines of scrimmage. It's hard to say what this tells us about the Ags this season since it was such a mismatch. We'll know more about the Aggies after next week's game with Portland State. On the plus side for the Ags today, I would say that our RsFr QB looked pretty poised playing in his first game against the kind of unrelenting pressure he saw today. Time to take the big paycheck and go get ready for the Vikings next Saturday.