PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Hitters

GAD
January 22nd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Who were some of the guys that play for your team that were known for big hits or separating opposing player from the ball and making the crowd go "Oh"

Southern had a guy in the late 80's named Michael Ball who I swear could hit a RB and you would see dust fly off the guy upon contact.

blackfordpu
January 22nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
Cowboy safety Keith Davis hits as hard as anyone. He played for the Kats 2001 SLC Champ team. :)

JMU2004
January 22nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Tony Lezotte

catbob
January 22nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Toph Grenfell liked to punish receivers, sometimes when the ball was already past the receiver. :(

Tod
January 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Vince Huntsberger. He actually got one vote for the Heisman. :) :)

golionsgo
January 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Who were some of the guys that play for your team that were known for big hits or separating opposing player from the ball and making the crowd go "Oh"

Southern had a guy in the late 80's named Michael Ball who I swear could hit a RB and you would see dust fly off the guy upon contact.

When I was in high school (I won't say when! xazzx ) we had LB at Southeastern Louisiana named Ronnie Hornsby who played several years in the NFL with the Giants. He was a big time hitter and is still one of the best pure football players I can remember watching play in person. A few years later we had Calvin Favron who if I remember correctly was a 3rd round pick by the Cardinals and played several years with them. And one of the last couple of years before we dropped football, we had LB by the name of Joe English who would have been a sure fire high round NFL pick but blew his knee out and never played again.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM

I remember Michael Ball. He went on to play for the Colts"I think". What about Sean Wallace, Rufus Porter(Seahawks), and Chris Scott. Porter, Scott, and Ball played together on the same team. SU had the No.1 defense in 1-aa a couple of years during their time but our offense was horrible :cool: .

blukeys
January 22nd, 2006, 09:47 PM
For UD Darell Booker, Middle Line Backer. He rocked Navy's Napoleon McCallum so bad that Napoleon came up swinging. So much for military discipline. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Baldy
January 22nd, 2006, 09:48 PM
John Mohring

Ivytalk
January 22nd, 2006, 10:00 PM
Isaiah Kacyvenski, now of the NFC champion Seahawks!

Grizo406
January 22nd, 2006, 11:56 PM
Tim Hauck.

A para-phrase of what John Madden said about him..."When he makes a hit, somebody is getting knocked out, it might be him or the other player, but someone is getting knock out."

Gotta' go with ol' #37 on this one.

UNH 40
January 23rd, 2006, 07:17 AM
I never saw him play but i have heard so much about a guy named Wade Roadcliff from coaches and former UNH players talk about how hard he hit people from his Strong Safety position in the late 90's. Another guy that was a great hitter in I-AA history and now in NFL history Rodney Harrison from Western Illinois.

Mr. C
January 23rd, 2006, 07:21 AM
Currently, Appalachian safety Jeremy Wiggins is one of the biggest hitters in the SoCon. He had big hits on Cedric Gipson, Jerome Felton and Ingle Martin on the same drive during the I-AA semifinals this year. Historically, Dexter Coakley has to rank as one of the biggest hitters around. Boomer Grigsby definitely lived up to his name.

KiddBrewer
January 23rd, 2006, 09:27 AM
One Word....... WIGGINS. without a question one of the hardest hitters in the SoCon and the Nation.

C-Rock
January 23rd, 2006, 09:37 AM
Frank Johnson
Alexis Moreland
Jamarquis Jordan

Ask Illinois State receivers how much they love those DB's. :nono:

SU Jag
January 23rd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Tremaine Harris AKA SU Jag! :coach: #1 Head Bussa
Shannon Smith
Lenny Williams
Robert Taylor(Grambling)
Kevin Spears(Grambling)
Rock Dillion(Bama State)

GrizFanIRAQ
January 23rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
xprost2x MONTE.... You wont find any other mascot as hardhitting or hardcore.... Monte taught Chuck Norris the round house kick!!!!!

ewu guy
January 23rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
Former Eagle tailback Jesse Chatman used to steamroll guys in the secondary.

kats89
January 23rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
Cowboy safety Keith Davis hits as hard as anyone. He played for the Kats 2001 SLC Champ team. :)

bfpu, you talking about this guy?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/images/K-Davis_200.jpg

blackfordpu
January 23rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
bfpu, you talking about this guy?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/images/K-Davis_200.jpg

You know it! :hurray:

GrizFamily
January 24th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Vince Huntsberger. He actually got one vote for the Heisman. :) :)

Vince is an awesome choice. So is Tim Hauck. His nickname when he was with the Eagles was little hitter. He wasn't very big but he sure could bring a load.

FL connection
January 24th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Clint Sellers LB from EIU is the best hitter in the OVC I've seen in the last three years...........connection out!!