PDA

View Full Version : In Des Moines!

ngineer
September 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
We have landed in Des Moines, checked in, and actually got a little workout and my lap swimming done. Can't find a hill out here at all. Going to checkout downtown a little tonight. Big tailgate being hosted by WR Jake Drwal's family, whose from Omaha ( about 2 hrs away). Weather looks perfect for football tomorrow night.
Big brouhaha out here about Drake's new 'marketing strategy' called "D+". I understand what they're trying to say, but I have to agree it, initially, gives the wrong impression for a school with a very good academic reputation. That's the only news. No 'bulletin board material' seen in the paper. Team seems very confident and up.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Never thought I'd be envious of anyone in Des Moines, but that changed this afternoon. I'd love a full report from the Drwal shindig!

ngineer
September 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Didn't bring my laptop. Using the freebie in the hotel lobby that happened to be open. But I'll do what I can!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Great! Hope for Lehigh, D+ means: Drwal+! xlolx

DJOM
September 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
You have to eat at the Drake Diner, 2 blocks from campus. You have to get breakfast Smothered with the sausage gravy. Wish I was out there. Enjoy.

Bogus Megapardus
September 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
You have to eat at the Drake Diner, 2 blocks from campus. You have to get breakfast Smothered with the sausage gravy. Wish I was out there. Enjoy.

Cardiologist on call?

Enjoy, Engineer fans. I will refrain from likening you team color to the local cow pastures for the duration. Sort of. Maybe.

Win one for the PL.

blukeys
September 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
ngineer I am expecting a full report. Pretend like it is wrestling season!!!!