PaladinFan
September 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Can you handle that much purple?

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2010-11/releases/201009014m34lj

Apps03
September 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM

highly suggest making that trip if possible. Went to both App games there and outside of one completely wasted girl when we arrived (it wasn't even 9am), we encountered great people and fans. We had purchased tailgate supplies when we got there and was told to put it away when we finally found a spot. Fans insisted we join in their tailgate and it was delicious. You just have to learn that the "tigerbait" comments are nothing personal, its just what they do.

AppStsGr8
September 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Great! You've gotta make that trip. App's last trip down was arguably less than the best because of Hurricane Gustav and all the changes centered on that. Tiger stadium is definitely something!

ThompsonThe
September 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM

Hope you guys don't have to play at 10AM like we had to at the last minute so they could evacuate for the hurricane coming!

GeauxLions94
September 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Hope you guys don't have to play at 10AM like we had to at the last minute so they could evacuate for the hurricane coming!

With the game being played in October, shouldn't have any problems with hurricanes. Nice job FU! Now if only LSU will go beyond McNeese and Northwestern State and play some of the other in-state FCS schools.

SideLine Shooter
September 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM
You will love everything but the wooping that you are going to get. Great people and they LOVE their Tigers.

biggie
September 2nd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Just hope for early winter so it will only be 95 degs down there. No one should be able to live in that much heat and humidity.

GeauxLions94
September 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Just hope for early winter so it will only be 95 degs down there. No one should be able to live in that much heat and humidity.

It's not the heat that's the big thing ... it's that dang humidity that does it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xm4EY8m6s-k/TEB3mlHa64I/AAAAAAAALl8/D7-gC5OT5gk/s1600/humid-day-737981.jpg

PaladinFan
September 2nd, 2010, 11:14 AM

I'm from southwest Georgia and my wife is from south Texas. We were hoping for a game against Minnesota.

Furman now has slated games against USC, Florida, Clemson, LSU, Virginia Tech, and USC again over the next few years. So much for a cupcake schedule.

biggie
September 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
It's not the heat that's the big thing ... it's that dang humidity that does it.
Exactly. I went down the the game in '08 and visit occasionally (family down there). But everytime I go I swear to not come back unless its winter.

biggie
September 2nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
I'm from southwest Georgia and my wife is from south Texas. We were hoping for a game against Minnesota.

Furman now has slated games against USC, Florida, Clemson, LSU, Virginia Tech, and USC again over the next few years. So much for a cupcake schedule.
Well it'll be called cupcake, just not for Furman.

We only have our 3 confirmed FBS games in the next 3 years (Florida, VT, and UGA), I don't think we've set any up since the Mich game. Must have scared some away.

FormerPokeCenter
September 2nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
With the game being played in October, shouldn't have any problems with hurricanes. Nice job FU! Now if only LSU will go beyond McNeese and Northwestern State and play some of the other in-state FCS schools.

Exactly. It pisses me off that they're scheduling Furman (no offense to the Paladins) when SE La and Nicholls haven't been scheduled yet. It makes economic sense. LSU's paying us roughly 450k to go to Tiger Stadium. We sold our allotment of tickets, generating $240 K in ticket sales, plus we'll spend money at the concession stand. Without the concessions, It's only costing them $200 K for an FCS game.

I don't know how well Furman travesl, but I don't think they'll sell out their ticket allotment, but I know that SE and Nicholls would....

Anyway, good luck to the Paladins, but I think LSU still hasn't gotten the memo on the whole ticket sales thing...

Heck, if I'm gonna be honest, the ONLY reason LSU is playing McNeese is because they wanted to help out BDP at Northwestern and they couldn't legitimately explain scheduling Northwestern without throwing a bone to us as well.....I mean, c'mon, they even announced the games together. ..But I digress.

Apps03
September 2nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
Exactly. It pisses me off that they're scheduling Furman (no offense to the Paladins) when SE La and Nicholls haven't been scheduled yet. It makes economic sense. LSU's paying us roughly 450k to go to Tiger Stadium. We sold our allotment of tickets, generating $240 K in ticket sales, plus we'll spend money at the concession stand. Without the concessions, It's only costing them $200 K for an FCS game.

I don't know how well Furman travesl, but I don't think they'll sell out their ticket allotment, but I know that SE and Nicholls would....

Anyway, good luck to the Paladins, but I think LSU still hasn't gotten the memo on the whole ticket sales thing...

Heck, if I'm gonna be honest, the ONLY reason LSU is playing McNeese is because they wanted to help out BDP at Northwestern and they couldn't legitimately explain scheduling Northwestern without throwing a bone to us as well.....I mean, c'mon, they even announced the games together. ..But I digress.

I completely understand. We have the same questions/issues with UNC-CHeat. They'll schedule William & Mary and GSU in the same season but won't even discuss hosting the Mountaineers. It would be a big game in Chapel Hill for sure but they seem to have no interest in selling out the aluminum jungle that is keenan stadium