PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Ya'll will LOVE this....A little gas to the fire!!

KiddBrewer
August 31st, 2010, 10:41 AM
Read it and weep. None of your team's have any chance this weekend. Just ask this guy!xnodxxsmileyclapxxchinscratchxxchinscratchxxch inscratchxxcoffeexxcoffeexxthumbsdownxxthumbsdownx xthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxsmhxxsmhxxsmhxxsmhx

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/100831_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl

i know there's a lot of NFL thrown in there, but this has to be seen on the main page!

Bogus Megapardus
August 31st, 2010, 11:06 AM
I think Easterbrook comes across poorly in that article. He is the author of the indescribably banal book, "Tuesday Morning Quarterback." He's a Colorado College graduate who, by taking shots at FCS football, subconsciously is getting back at the Ivy League colleges that turned him down. Maybe if ol' Gregg had actually played football he'd have had a better chance of getting in.

EDIT - having re-read the piece, I am inclined to send Mr. Easterbrook a snarky missive in retort. Among other things I'll challenge him on his assertion that FCS players, unlike those in Division III, don't "actually go to class." Quite honestly, I think I'm entitled. I might also remind him of the names of some FCS colleges that he "might actually have heard of." I'll throw in he fact that his own alma mater sucked so bad that it dropped football because it didn't have enough players to field a team.

McNeese75
August 31st, 2010, 11:06 AM
He was obviously the class idiot

WrenFGun
August 31st, 2010, 11:14 AM
"What cupcake will upset an unsuspecting football power? Pitt hosts lower-division New Hampshire, which the Panthers surely scheduled expecting an auto-win. But reader Bryan Reynolds of Haverhill, Mass., notes the UNH Wildcats have five straight victories against Division I opponents, including Rutgers and Northwestern."

HOORAY!

darell1976
August 31st, 2010, 11:18 AM
I'm sure this douchebag wrote how App St would have gotten stomped by Michigan, and look what happened. But in a twist maybe the FBS teams will read this, think about their next FBS opponent and overlook us little guys...then we win!!

SideLine Shooter
August 31st, 2010, 11:29 AM
He must be Herbstreets twin brother from a different mother.

xlolxxnodxxbangxxlolxxlolxxlolx

NHwildEcat
August 31st, 2010, 11:33 AM
This guys is a clown even for ESPN...I know the company is bad, but this guy brings it to a new level!

NHwildEcat
August 31st, 2010, 11:41 AM
I did something I never do...I sent this scum an email. I know it doesn't matter but it felt pretty good! :)

Bogus Megapardus
August 31st, 2010, 11:45 AM
I did something I never do...I sent this scum an email. I know it doesn't matter but it felt pretty good! :)

I'm right there wih you. I'm going to take my time and put something together later this evening. Since it will qualify as a "personal attack," I suppose it will violate the AGS Terms of Service.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2010, 12:05 PM
LSU hosts McNeese State, which last year lost to Stephen F. Austin. Arkansas opens by hosting Division I-AA Tennessee Tech, which last season did manage to defeat Pikeville College. Wisconsin has San Jose State at home, then two weeks later hosts Austin Peay, which last season lost to Murray State. North Carolina hosts Division I-AA William & Mary. Cincinnati hosts Division I-AA Indiana State, and Penn State opens by hosting Division I-AA Youngstown State.

Pitt hosts lower-division New Hampshire, which the Panthers surely scheduled expecting an auto-win. But reader Bryan Reynolds of Haverhill, Mass., notes the UNH Wildcats have five straight victories against Division I opponents, including Rutgers and Northwestern.

I don't mind that he writes this piece, but it's just so patently obvious that he didn't do one ounce of research about any of the FCS teams. No, really, slamming McNeese because they lost to Stephen F. Austin - the champs of the Southland? Calling William & Mary a cupcake - after beating Virginia just last year?

And good thing Bryan Reynolds reads TMQ, because if Bryan didn't, Easterbook would look like a complete idiot rather than just moronic.

darell1976
August 31st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Why would he slam D2 and D3 teams too. They don't play FBS teams, and they do occassionally beat FCS teams just like we can beat FBS teams.

PhoenixPhan06
August 31st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Nice lil shout out to Elon in there, even if it was for beating Presby.

Bogus Megapardus
August 31st, 2010, 12:20 PM
I don't mind that he writes this piece.

I suppose not, if you keep in mind who's paying him to write and his editors' concept of the term, "college football." From my chair it looks as if Mr. Easterbrook earned his artium baccalaureus cum laude in pandering. For that he deserves highest honors.

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2010, 12:33 PM
This guys columns have always sucked. They are incredibly long and devoid of any real knowledge of the game.

UNH Fanboi
August 31st, 2010, 12:55 PM
I agree that this guy's attitude sucks and that he probably knows nothing about FCS, but the main point of his article is true: The first week of college football consists almost entirely of uncompetitive warm-up games, most of which are FBS vs. FCS games. FCS went like 4-116 against FBS last year and this year will likely be about the same.

People in here make fun of Montana and Delaware for playing Division II teams, but I don't see a lot jumping to the defense of Division II.

darell1976
August 31st, 2010, 12:58 PM
I agree that this guy's attitude sucks and that he probably knows nothing about FCS, but the main point of his article is true: The first week of college football consists almost entirely of uncompetitive warm-up games, most of which are FBS vs. FCS games. FCS went like 4-116 against FBS last year and this year will likely be about the same.

People in here make fun of Montana and Delaware for playing Division II teams, but I don't see a lot jumping to the defense of Division II.

And sometimes the D2 team wins right Northern Iowa.

LouiseBFree
August 31st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Why be upset with ESPN when our own FCS media doesn't pick a single FCS vs. FBS win this weekend?:
In the FCS Huddle gives you predictions for every #FootballChampionshipSubdivision game this week. http://tinyurl.com/2uh4hz8 xbangx

PaladinFan
August 31st, 2010, 02:53 PM
This kind of stuff is annoying.

Look, none of us particularly care about "big boy" college football. That's why we read this forum. The reality is you can take pot shots at nearly EVERY program but a small handful. I don't really understand the point. We don't follow FCS football because we live under a rock and don't realize that there are schools out there with millions invested in recruiting and their own networks. No, we follow the FCS because we like it better...mostly because we don't have to put up with idiots like this guy.