PDA

View Full Version : JALMOND's preseason top 25

JALMOND
August 28th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Usually I wait until after fall ball to post a preseason top 25, so with the season beginning for most teams next week here it is. Because of the wait, this is not affiliated with any publication or website, it is just an indication of where I think the teams are nationally. Even with the research I did on it (more so than in years past), I still consider it a work in progress, yet a good starting point. It is my hope that I will have my usual Big Sky power rankings out on Sunday and the Big Sky predictions on Monday, due to both EWU and NAU playing Thursday. As usual, all are open for discussion and dissection. Have at it!

1. Villanova
2. Southern Illinois
3. Appalachian State
4. Richmond
5. Elon
6. Montana
7. South Dakota State
8. James Madison
9. Montana State
10. New Hampshire
11. South Carolina State
12. Stephen F Austin
13. Samford
14. Illinois State
15. Eastern Washington
16. William & Mary
17. Prairie View
18. McNeese State
19. Liberty
20. Cal Poly
21. Delaware
22. Eastern Kentucky
23. Holy Cross
24. Northern Iowa
25. Penn

On with football!!!

SideLine Shooter
August 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I think I'll start drinking after looking at this. I just don't believe this.

xlolxxsmhxxeyebrowxxconfusedx

Ud1Hens
August 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
It's hard to make any predictions, but since you did I'll add my two cents (which aren't worth much). I think there are a bunch of teams you have way overrated. Richmond, App St., JMU, Montana St, S. Carolina St., Samford, Illinois St, Prairie View stand way out. Sure any one of these teams could make some noise but still...Some of them just named a starting QB 15 minutes ago or have been hit hard with preseason injuries.

JALMOND
August 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM
It's hard to make any predictions, but since you did I'll add my two cents (which aren't worth much). I think there are a bunch of teams you have way overrated. Richmond, App St., JMU, Montana St, S. Carolina St., Samford, Illinois St, Prairie View stand way out. Sure any one of these teams could make some noise but still...Some of them just named a starting QB 15 minutes ago or have been hit hard with preseason injuries.

Fair enough. Unlike years past, it seems the parity of the teams have got in the way of predicting, especially in the preseason. Some publications I looked up would be high on one team, while others wouldn't even list them. Almost every school had some sort of uncertainty during the offseason, whether replacing key personnel or coaches, baffling even the so-called "experts" of which I am far from being called an expert. You are correct, any one could make some noise, and also any one could fall flat on their faces. It's going to be an interesting season.

Squealofthepig
August 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM
There are some things I could nit with, but one thing the poll does reflect is the recent surge of issues at EIU (this is the first poll I think I've seen where Eastern Illinois is unranked) - given three dismissals and a team reeling from (what looks like) drug test failures, that at least seems right.

SU DOG
August 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Hmmm...Think I like this poll better than any I have seen.

WrenFGun
August 28th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Montana State needs to prove themselves on the field before you're ranking them above some of these teams. I don't buy it right now..

WyomingGrizFan
August 29th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Montana State needs to prove themselves on the field before you're ranking them above some of these teams. I don't buy it right now..

Ain't that the truth.