PDA

View Full Version : SFA adds another QB to roster

SFA 93
August 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM
QB: Tim Curry 6-4; 210 Elysian Fields, Texas (UTEP)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/5651643.jpeg

Aug. 26, 2010

NACOGDOCHES, Texas - Quarterback Tim Curry has been added to the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack roster head coach J.C. Harper announced Tuesday afternoon. Curry is transferring from UTEP, and will have three years of eligibility remaining.

"We are very happy to have Tim join the Lumberjack football team," said Harper. "Tim is a player we knew about coming out of high school. He is east Texas athlete we recruited hard. Tim fits in our offense as a quarterback who can stand back there and deliver the ball in our fun and gun style offense. Tim wanted to come back home to east Texas and with that comes the opportunity to throw the ball about 600 times a year."

A 6-4, 210-pound product from Elysian Fields, Curry was one of the most highly recruited quarterbacks in the country in 2007. A three-star prospect, Curry received AP all-state honors following a senior season that saw him complete 52 percent of his passes for 1,594 yards and 22 touchdowns.

Curry signed with UTEP after a standout career at Elysian Fields where he was rated as the No. 62 quarterback in the country by Scout.com. He was also considered the No. 29 pro-style quarterback in the nation according to Rivals.com.

AxeEmJacks
August 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Excellent. I feel a little better about Moses leaving now.

TxState_GO_CATS!
August 26th, 2010, 09:19 PM
What's up with all the QBs transferring out of UTEP?!

GeauxLions94
August 26th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Too many El Intercepted Paso's xwhistlex (sorry, couldn't help myself. Reminds me of the days of the Bottom 10 syndicated column).

UTEP is also going against its own history. Better known for winning basketball, football success has been sporadic at best. The irreverent syndicated "Bottom Ten" column used to refer to the school regularly as the "University of Texas at El Intercepted Paso."

Link (http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=jconline&sParam=39747484.story)