PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis vs Cal Sept 4th

Gil Dobie
August 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I'm in the Bay area for the next 3 weeks and would like to get to the UC Davis vs Cal Bears game. Anybody have any information on the best way to get ticket and the best way to get to the game, via BART, driving etc. Any of the UCD fans having a tailgate or is that even allowed at Berkeley. Oh, and I'm rooting for UCD all the way.

GoAgs72
August 26th, 2010, 11:48 AM
UC Davis no longer has Cal game tickets. Try the Cal web site at http://www.calbears.com/tickets/10_fb_tix_main.html.

Most of us hard core Aggie fans are sitting in section O, rows 52 and 53. Try to sit near us and we will make you an honorary Aggie. You may want to call Cal to try to get nearby tickets.

Here's information on how to get there and where to go.
http://www.bearinsider.com/links/visitors_guide.htm

GoAgs72
August 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I guess white is better than looking like bug innards or a two year old's diarrhea.

Gil Dobie
August 26th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Is ticket scalping legal in California? Can you buy tickets outside the stadium on gameday?

GoAgs72
August 26th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Green Cookie Nonster, let's use this board to talk football. Go to the smack board to continue this - I didn't start it.

ucdtim17
August 26th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Is ticket scalping legal in California? Can you buy tickets outside the stadium on gameday?

I'm not sure of the legality, but there are always tickets available on gameday in Berkeley. If not from scalpers, then the box office almost certainly will have tickets. It should be a big crowd, but I would be shocked if it sold out ahead of time. The only caveat is that the box office often sells out of cheaper seats so you may be forced to get $60 tickets. As of last night they still had $35 tickets in the blue zone (south end zone, where the UCD section will be). Probably your best bet.

If you're doing BART, it's an easy walk from the Downtown Berkeley station. Or a longer walk from Rockridge (IIRC AC Transit stopped the gameday buses due to budget issues?). UCD will have a tailgate area by the main library on campus, but your best bet may be bars on Telegraph

darell1976
August 26th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Could check Ebay.

Poly's Brutality
August 26th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Should be large number of Davis fans in attendance, though not too sure how you'll be able to tell them apart by colors in the stands. Interesting to see field position battle with special teams if they are a factor, Sean Kelly vs. new Cal guy and veterans they have, Anger top notch, but Schmidt good too. Will Riley finally shine as touted (he could this year)? New Davis Wright guy good, and into the fire, should be exciting all the way around

ucdtim17
August 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM
UCD fans will be in white to stand out