PDA

View Full Version : What's Your School Do - Signing Day?

TexasTerror
January 20th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Does your school do anything special for signing day when all the NLIs are signed? Is there a special program where some of the signees come and meet the media? Does your coach have a press conference? What exactly is done at your I-AA school?

I know at Sam, the head coach talks to the media and goes over the recruiting class and the players that are coming in, nothing special. It's not like anyone outside of the Huntsville fishwrap is interested in covering the Kats signing class outside of just listing it anyway...

bodoyle
January 20th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I believe we have a tv show with CDB. There are photos taken, interviews etc.

MarkCCU
January 20th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I believe we have a tv show with CDB. There are photos taken, interviews etc.

You would be correct

Pard4Life
January 20th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Supposedly they are unveiling the new stadium to the recruits and public this weekend. Last year entailed (I think) a standing recognition of 2009 committments during the title trophy ceremony during halftime at a basketball game. Also, they are formally presented during halftime at the spring game.

Retro
January 20th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Mcneese has a joint meeting of the Cowboy Club and PetroChem club and food is served.. The coaches go over the players they sign and their accomplishments.. They have a board set up with each players name and profile and picture if available.. At the end of this, a film is shown with high school highlights of the players signed..

carney2
January 20th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Supposedly they are unveiling the new stadium to the recruits and public this weekend.

Where? When? Would love to be there - especially if they have drawings, models, etc.

slostang
January 20th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Cal Poly only releases the players names and bio's in the local papper. No press conference or party that I know of. I would love to see video highlights of the recruits.

DaGriz
January 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Griz football signing day function slated for Feb. 1
by: Staff of the UM Sports Information Department

The Griz Football Signing Day reception will be held Wednesday, Feb. 1, at the Doubletree Hotel Edgewater. The reception, which is open to the public, will start at 6:30 p.m. and last until 8:30 p.m. The cost of the event is $10 per person, $5 for those under the age of 12.

Come meet the Grizzly coaching staff as well as head coach Bobby Hauck, who will introduce and show film clips of the newest crop of Grizzly football players.

Complimentary appetizers will be served, and a no-host bar will be available. Take this opportunity to hear about the new recruits, ask questions and meet Coach Hauck and the other members of his staff. This function is sponsored by the Doubletree Hotel Edgewater and the Grizzly Scholarship Association.

golionsgo
January 22nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
Does your school do anything special for signing day when all the NLIs are signed? Is there a special program where some of the signees come and meet the media? Does your coach have a press conference? What exactly is done at your I-AA school?

I know at Sam, the head coach talks to the media and goes over the recruiting class and the players that are coming in, nothing special. It's not like anyone outside of the Huntsville fishwrap is interested in covering the Kats signing class outside of just listing it anyway...

In the past we've had what is called a Recruiting Bash open to our fans as well as the general public at our local Holiday Inn. They have food and drink, show film on each recruit and the head coach talks about each player individually. I don't know for sure but I'm assuming we'll do it again this year since it has been successful in the past.

TxSt02
January 22nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
In the past we've had what is called a Recruiting Bash open to our fans as well as the general public at our local Holiday Inn. They have food and drink, show film on each recruit and the head coach talks about each player individually. I don't know for sure but I'm assuming we'll do it again this year since it has been successful in the past.

Just curious but how many people typically show up at this??? I can see this only be semi successful at Texas State and most other I-AA programs...

golionsgo
January 22nd, 2006, 04:17 PM
Just curious but how many people typically show up at this??? I can see this only be semi successful at Texas State and most other I-AA programs...

I think last year was around 250 or so which was up from the previous year.

TxSt02
January 22nd, 2006, 04:34 PM

damn thats pretty good!

Grizo406
January 22nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
...food is served.. The coaches go over the players they sign and their accomplishments. At the end of this, a film is shown with high school highlights of the players signed..

Pretty much what happens in Grizville too.

golionsgo
January 22nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Pretty much what happens in Grizville too.

I just love your posts!! OINK! OINK!

GeauxLions94
January 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM

We had close to 500 our first season (2003). Of course, those numbers don't match up to what the Great Satan 45 minutes to the west of us draws and starts at 7:30 a.m. draws at $40+ a pop (and I'm not talking about Southern :p )

Husky Alum
January 22nd, 2006, 08:53 PM
We usually issue a press release, that's all.

Signing day is generally around the Beanpot (it's a hockey tournament between NU, BU, Harvard and BC that means everything to college hockey fans and alumni), so we don't make a big deal about it.

In fact, I was at the Beanpot when I heard the news about Benedict Brown. We were beating Harvard in the consolation game and that's all NU people were talking about.

mainejeff
January 22nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
Maine......we cross our fingers. :cool:

ngineer
January 22nd, 2006, 10:39 PM
Where? When? Would love to be there - especially if they have drawings, models, etc.

What liked what I saw at halftime---and it got better! :D

DTSpider
January 27th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I thought that this was pretty good.

Spider Football Signing Day Social At Shula's 2! College football’s national letter-of-intent signing day is this Wednesday, February 1! Here’s your chance to get a first look at the Spiders’ Recruiting Class of 2006. Join head coach Dave Clawson and his staff at Shula’s 2 in the Sheraton Richmond-West hotel on Wed. Feb. 1 from 5-7 p.m. Enjoy free hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar! Celebrate the 2005 Atlantic 10 Championship and watch the 2005 Spider Football Highlight Tape! Coach Clawson will speak around 6 p.m. giving info and showing video of the Spider signees…and preview the 2006 season! The 2006 schedule will be available.

Also, be watching RichmondSpiders.com all day Wednesday! As the signed, national letters-of-intent are received by the Spider Football Office, the names will be posted immediately on our website! You’ll see the names of the newest Spiders as they commit…then be sure to join us at Shula’s 2 from 5-7 p.m. for the Spider Football Signing Day Social!