PDA

View Full Version : McNeese names starting QB

msusig
August 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
McNeese's new starting QB will be Jacob Bower, the transfer from Tulsa. Hopefully he will lead us past the first round of the playoffs.

TexasTerror
August 24th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Is this really of any surprise?

What's the latest on young Fourroux?

McNeese75
August 24th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Jacob had to earn his starting position.

It was reported in the spring that Zack Fourroux's back injury was probably career ending (He is not on the roster updated roster).

McNeese72
August 24th, 2010, 10:31 PM
From what I saw of the scrimmages, Jacob definitely earned the starting spot.

I don't know if we have had a Qb with as quick a release as his. He also has good pocket presence and can throw well on the move if he has to.

From what I heard Zack Fourroux was advised to give up football due to some congenital conditions they found in his back while they were diagnosing his back problems.

This will be an interesting season. Our defense is supposed to be good but Jacob carved them up pretty well in the last scrimmage.

Doc

TulsaBobcat
August 25th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I think Bower will do well for McNeese. Like I said before, he got jobbed at Tulsa.

McNeese75
August 25th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I think Bower will do well for McNeese. Like I said before, he got jobbed at Tulsa.

I have met Jacob and after watching him in the practice and two scrimmages I think he is going to be something special for the Cowboys this year.

JohnStOnge
August 25th, 2010, 07:14 PM

I don't know if he got jobbed. Tulsa had a very good quarterback last year. But I do at least THINK I know that Jacob Bower is a physical specimen. He is big, he is athletic, and he has a very strong arm. I hope that translates into being a game-changer at the QB position. And I have confidence in Coach Viator's ability to develop a quarterback to be effective in his offense. Part of that, I think, is his ability to adjust his offense to suit his quarterback.

FormerPokeCenter
August 25th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I don't know if he got jobbed. Tulsa had a very good quarterback last year. But I do at least THINK I know that Jacob Bower is a physical specimen. He is big, he is athletic, and he has a very strong arm. I hope that translates into being a game-changer at the QB position. And I have confidence in Coach Viator's ability to develop a quarterback to be effective in his offense. Part of that, I think, is his ability to adjust his offense to suit his quarterback.

I think there's a certain "Got Jobbed" presumption when the son of the HC's best friend transfers in from The Univeristy of Texas and ends up with the starting job ;)

All things being equal, the HC probably goes with the kid he watched grow up, ya know? ;)

JohnStOnge
August 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I think there's a certain "Got Jobbed" presumption when the son of the HC's best friend transfers in from The Univeristy of Texas and ends up with the starting job

All things being equal, the HC probably goes with the kid he watched grow up, ya know?

That may be true but I watched Tulsa play Tulane last year and their QB looked really good in that game. I realize it was Tulane but he was very athletic and very good at throwing the football. In fact one thing I noticed is that Tulane got a pretty good pass rush, particularly one defensive end, but the Tulsa quarterback was too quick to sack. Then he kept his eyes upfield and kept burning the defense on broken plays.

Believe me, I think it's great if Bower was actually better and DID get jobbed. I'm just saying that Tulsa's quarterback looked really good to me when I watched him and I think somebody could be a pretty darned good quarterback and still get beat out by him.