PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh's New Threads

ngineer
August 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
A new thread about new threads. Lehigh showed off their new uniforms today at media day in Goodman Stadium. Gone are the gold pants that were first worn back around 1980. White is back. Brown Jersey with two white shoulder stripes separated by a gold one on each shoulder. Lehigh broke out white pants two years ago at Lafayette in a psyche move to 'offset' the expected "all black" unis of the Leopards, so perhaps that got the thought started. I expect the helmets will remain gold, however. The video of Lehigh's media day with interviews with some of the players and HC Coen can be seen at www.lehighsports.com

Any other teams out there breakin a new wardrobe??

RichH2
August 21st, 2010, 06:32 PM
Kinda liked the gold pants but if they can win I really dont care.

heath
August 22nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Under Armour...............Nice!, a great company on the move, when will a mountain hawk make an appearance on the helmets?

ngineer
August 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Under Armour...............Nice!, a great company on the move, when will a mountain hawk make an appearance on the helmets?

I've been waiting for that as well...May another 'surprise' down the road. I'd prefer the "L" with the hawk head, like the teams have on their unis, hats and helmets.

carney2
August 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
Any chance they got rid of that plumbing clogging brown?!!

ngineer
August 22nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Any chance they got rid of that plumbing clogging brown?!!

No way. You guys need something for your appetite....(;-)

TheValleyRaider
August 22nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Not a huge fan of the gold shoulder stripe

White pants look pretty good though

Franks Tanks
August 22nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
A new thread about new threads. Lehigh showed off their new uniforms today at media day in Goodman Stadium. Gone are the gold pants that were first worn back around 1980. White is back. Brown Jersey with two white shoulder stripes separated by a gold one on each shoulder. Lehigh broke out white pants two years ago at Lafayette in a psyche move to 'offset' the expected "all black" unis of the Leopards, so perhaps that got the thought started. I expect the helmets will remain gold, however. The video of Lehigh's media day with interviews with some of the players and HC Coen can be seen at www.lehighsports.com

Any other teams out there breakin a new wardrobe??

So the "brown & white" will actually be wearing brown & white this year. Sort of.

ngineer
August 22nd, 2010, 09:31 PM
So the "brown & white" will actually be wearing brown & white this year. Sort of.

Yeah, sort of like the maroon and white wearing black. Let's face it, the PL schools as a whole, with perhaps the exception of Bucknell (Orange and Blue), are a fairly bland group when it comes to school colors. Three schools with maroon/purple and white. and Brown is not far from maroon Gtwn with Blue and Grey. Army and Navy are black and blue, but at least they also use gold/yellow.

Whitehead began the use of the "old gold" back around 1980 when the unis were in the San Francisco 49er motif (three white stripes on the upper arm of a brown jersey). The helmet followed the same with the three striped over the middle and brown ovals on the side with interlocking 'LU') Several years later, the decal and stripes were removed to solid gold helmet. Let's face it, brown can be a pretty boring color, so jazzing it up a bit with gold trim 'helps' it. Similar to the 'pards using black as a trim with their numerals and stripes...helps set off the two 'primary' colors.