PDA

View Full Version : Who is Playing UC Davis?

SochorField
January 17th, 2006, 05:59 PM
No schedule released here yet, and its driving us crazy.

We have heard:

Montana State (probably out)
Youngstown State (probably out)
Furman
Central Arkansas
...from what I remember

Know anything else?

I-AA Fan
January 17th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I heard that YSU finally received a positive response from a I-AA MM (probably Albany or Butler). It is supposed to be a multi-game deal to replace a the current DII week-1 warm-up (usually PSAC). However, they still have to finish 1 more year with Slippery Rock. So, they will be puting the I-AA MM in place of UC-Davis in 2006, then will go back to UC-Davis in 2007 with the MM taking the opening week game from SRU. However, the MM and the Rock will be scheduled in 2006.

wannabegaucho
January 17th, 2006, 07:42 PM
UC Davis has a game with San José State, right? From the SJSU website:

San José State hosts UC Davis on 9/16/2006. SJSU hosts Cal Poly on 9/23/2006.

thirdgendin
January 17th, 2006, 08:26 PM
No schedule released here yet, and its driving us crazy.

We have heard:

Montana State (probably out)
Youngstown State (probably out)
Furman
Central Arkansas
...from what I remember

Know anything else?

Unless things have changed, Furman probably doesn't have room on the 2006 schedule.

ncbears
January 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM
UC Davis is coming to Greeley to play UNC opening weekend!

SochorField
January 18th, 2006, 12:53 AM
I forgot to mention San Jose State and UNC. UNC still feels like a conference game, going to have to get used to that.

bandl
January 18th, 2006, 07:51 AM
I'd love to know who UCD is playing, since I hope to head out to the area next fall and catch a game (either at UCD or Cal Poly). :nod:

kalm
January 18th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I know Eastern is at Davis, but I don't have the date yet.

How are you guys looking this year? Returning starters etc.

bandl
January 18th, 2006, 08:15 AM
I know Eastern is at Davis, but I don't have the date yet.

That would be a game I would LOVE to see!!! :hyped:

Stupid question....Meyer will still be at EWU next year, right?

ucdtim17
January 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
EWU is 9/9 at Davis I think. It's supposed to be the first date in the new stadium but Toomey looks more likely

bandl
January 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM
EWU is 9/9 at Davis I think. It's supposed to be the first date in the new stadium but Toomey looks more likely
Bummer...looks like I'll be in Missoula for a game that day!!! :hyped:

Bear Fan 101
January 18th, 2006, 01:22 PM
the rumor on our board is that now UCD is still a possibility and that UCD would possibly be coming to Conway, AR, at some point, or at least that is what is going around and being discussed among the athletic departments.

UCD-UCA...looks cool to me.

ucdtim17
January 18th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Bummer...looks like I'll be in Missoula for a game that day!!! :hyped:

I would definitely recommend a later date, when the stadium is open and the students are back. The Causeway Classic vs. Sac is the regular rivalry weekend next year I think, in november

SochorField
January 18th, 2006, 01:43 PM
How are you guys looking this year? Returning starters etc.

We will be stronger next year. QB Jon Grant and WR Tony Kays will both be seniors. Our recruiting class is huge, RB Joe Trombetta (3 star) may be big enough to start this year...though I havent heard anything to substantiate this.
Look for a big things from Soph. WR Brandon Rice.

The RS freshmen are going to be good. Our football site (UC Davis athletics) has a list of RS from last year.
One big one was TE Brad Bispo who was recruited by Cal, he chose UC Davis because his Dad played here.

SactoHornetFan
January 18th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I would definitely recommend a later date, when the stadium is open and the students are back. The Causeway Classic vs. Sac is the regular rivalry weekend next year I think, in november

Yes it is, on Saturday November 18th.

ucdtim17
January 18th, 2006, 02:10 PM
UCD returns everyone on offense save 3 senior TE's and WR Blaise Smith. Defense loses DT Ryan Sharp and I think 2 LB's. The team should be bigger, deeper, stronger, and more experienced than '05.

GOKATS
January 18th, 2006, 02:45 PM
MSU was to play UCD, but the latest word is that UCD is trying to get out of the contract.

lucchesicourt
January 18th, 2006, 04:45 PM
The word around UCD is that MSU is the one trying to get out of the game.

SochorField
January 18th, 2006, 04:46 PM
The latest word, from who?

Poly Pigskin
January 18th, 2006, 07:32 PM
The word around UCD is that MSU is the one trying to get out of the game.

This seems more likely, since UCD lost a conference game and it would make no sense for them to back out of a quality OOC matchup.

slostang
January 18th, 2006, 07:50 PM
UCD returns everyone on offense save 3 senior TE's and WR Blaise Smith. Defense loses DT Ryan Sharp and I think 2 LB's. The team should be bigger, deeper, stronger, and more experienced than '05.
I think the Aggies lose all three starting linebackers. Davis does return two horses on the defensive line, Faletoese and Amos and some really talented DBs.

The offense looks like it will be a force with Grant, Kays and the O-line returning.

The Fan
January 19th, 2006, 01:12 AM
UCD loses two starters and a part timer at the LB's but returns the rest of the D. There are also a couple of big additions.

GOKATS
January 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM
The latest word, from who?

My source was the local newspaper, but if it was wrong it certainly wouldn't be the first time. I can think of no reason why MSU would be trying to get out of the game though.

lucchesicourt
January 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Not only did UCD lose a conference game, but we also lost a game against YSU, and we still are needing to find games to fill our schedule. MSU will have no trouble as they have several conference games and select the OOC games they want. UCD does not have this luxery. Our schedule has way too many holes to fill right now.

Bear Fan 101
January 23rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
I was just informed tonight that UCA will be playing at UC Davis on October 14th. Do you guys know anything else of this?

SochorField
January 23rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Have not heard this

SochorField
January 24th, 2006, 06:03 PM
From Youngstown State's website:

Sat. Sept. 23 UC Davis Stambaugh Stadium TBA

ucdtim17
January 24th, 2006, 07:13 PM
nice to see. we get them after penn state, they get us after san jose state. we'll see who's more banged up (my money's on ysu)

ucdtim17
January 24th, 2006, 07:50 PM
although it sucks this won't be a home and home. I guess youngstown knows the scheduling situation UCD is in. we take what we can get.

GOKATS
January 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Maybe the MSU/UCD game is still on.

http://davisenterprise.com/articles/2006/01/27/sports/339spt2.txt

SochorField
January 28th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Montana State sounds good to me!

Here's the sched. so far for the Ags. I could be wrong...but worth a try.

@ Northen Colorado 9/2
@ Montana State 9/9
@ California 9/16
@ Youngstown State 9/23
BYE
@ Cal Poly 10/2
Central Arkansas 10/14
Southern Utah 10/21
@ South Dakota St. 10/28
North Dakota St. 11/4
BYE
U. of San Diego (?) 11/11 (?)
Sacramento State 11/18

Montana State, Cal, Youngstown State, Cal Poly...that is a TOUGH stretch, all on the road. Looks like another "toughest schedule." The Cal game is still in the works. We would be buying out of @San Jose State.

eagle1
January 29th, 2006, 10:31 AM
We are scheduled to play at UC Davis on Sept. 9th. I think that we are still trying to find a I-AA home game to replace this but for now it is scheduled. Will your new stadium be finished by then? Go Eagles!!!

wannabegaucho
January 29th, 2006, 10:43 AM
We are scheduled to play at UC Davis on Sept. 9th. I think that we are still trying to find a I-AA home game to replace this but for now it is scheduled. Will your new stadium be finished by then? Go Eagles!!!
The stadium probably won't be finished.

CKelly
January 29th, 2006, 07:56 PM
EWU is off UCD's schedule - they wanted out. That's what opened the door for MSU to get back on.....