PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Changes for 06?

SU Jag
January 17th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Anyone have any changes to their uniforms this year or even a new helment color or logo?

LBPop
January 17th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Haven't seen them yet, but Georgetown just signed a deal with Nike. The Kid can't evern wear his Under Armour unless it cannot be seen. Uniforms will probably be similar to the traditional/basic Hoya look, but higher quality. Another example of the influence of the new A.D.

bobcatfan06
January 17th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Haven't seen them yet, but Georgetown just signed a deal with Nike. The Kid can't evern wear his Under Armour unless it cannot be seen. Uniforms will probably be similar to the traditional/basic Hoya look, but higher quality. Another example of the influence of the new A.D.

I'm pretty sure all Nike contracts are like that. I know ours is, because I know some of our players that couldn't wear Under Armour under their pads because of the logo on the sleeve. Had to be Nike, because of the Nike contract.

Mr. C
January 17th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hopefully, those unis won't look as bad as some of the ones that Nike has come up with for teams like Oregon and Virginia Tech in recent years. Nike has led the NCAA recently in bad fashion taste.

SU Jag
January 17th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I loved the V-Tech uniforms along with the Miami and UF ones too!

GeauxLions94
January 17th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Can we PLEASE get some new uni's :shakingma Numbers are hard to read, especially when we wear our road uniforms. :bang:

SactoHornetFan
January 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM
We just signed a contract with Nike so our team will have new unis this year.

colgate13
January 17th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I always thought GTown could just tweak their unis a little have some really sharp looking ones. The silver and blue are great colors to work with, and the G is a solid image to work with...

TxState_GO_CATS!
January 17th, 2006, 03:37 PM
sounds like Nike is making a nice chunk of change...

fuEMO
January 17th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Furman also signed a deal with Nike. The team tried on Ole Miss uniforms. I think they could look pretty sweet in purple and white.

http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store/Vendor234/images/OLE408-s.jpg

TypicalTribe
January 17th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Furman also signed a deal with Nike. The team tried on Ole Miss uniforms. I think they could look pretty sweet in purple and white.

I can't think of any reason why Furman should even consider changing uniforms. The current ones are fantastic.

LBPop
January 17th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I always thought GTown could just tweak their unis a little have some really sharp looking ones. The silver and blue are great colors to work with, and the G is a solid image to work with...

I agree, but $$$ always seems to be an issue. In fact, this season some of the white jerseys that were worn did not match. A few numbers were much larger and in a slightly different font. Looked pretty weak to me.

However, as I have often observed, I think the new AD is having a positive impact in a variety of ways...this among them.

GeauxLions94
January 17th, 2006, 05:43 PM

That'd be beautiful in Green and Gold :smiley_wi

NoCoDanny
January 17th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I believe we are having the yellow streaks removed from our pants next year, from pissing down our legs all season.

SochorField
January 17th, 2006, 05:50 PM

Didnt you guys get new Nike unis last year? Those were nice, especially the roadies. The home unis need some white I think.

I've heard UC Davis is signing a contract with Nike or Adidas. I hope we don't change our unis drastically.

SochorField
January 17th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I believe we are having the yellow streaks removed from our pants next year, from pissing down our legs all season.

Haha! Yeah, I remember seeing those at Toomey field a few months ago.....should really get rid of 'em. Don't dispair, UNC will be fine.

DuckDuckGriz
January 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM

Don't forget you have to add the Big Sky patch on them!

DFW HOYA
January 17th, 2006, 06:25 PM
The Hoyas could use some new jerseys. The numbers looked as if they were ironed on.

Georgetown jerseys would be marketable too. I was in El Paso last month and saw the local store actually selling Georgetown football jerseys...well, fake GU jerseys from a company called Collosseum Sports because Russell never marketed their product. You can see these knock-offs on Ebay, which don't even look like the Georgetown jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Georgetown-Hoyas-Football-Jersey-Shirt-Replica-NCAA-XL_W0QQitemZ8751494277QQcategoryZ24565QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now as long as Nike doesn't try to get some teal and black into the color scheme...

HiHiYikas
January 17th, 2006, 10:03 PM
We updated last season - and quite nicely, though some have commented we're getting a little piping-happy.

I can't think of too many things I hate more than Nike. Let's see...I can buy a medicine ball made by a company that's been making medicine balls for a century for $19.99, or I can buy a Nike medicine ball of somewhat poorer quality for $39.99. They make way too much stuff, they make it poorly, and they charge way too much for it.

ngineer
January 17th, 2006, 10:07 PM
With Lehigh now having a new HC, there may be some move to tweak the unis--however, we just changed jerseys two years ago, which I like. Maybe a change to the helmet or addition of logo will occur. Not a big deal, but something to go with the 'new atmosphere.'

slostang
January 17th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I've heard UC Davis is signing a contract with Nike or Adidas. I hope we don't change our unis drastically.
The Aggies uniforms are classic. I would be a shame if they change them drastically. I am a fan of Penn State type of uniforms, basic and and clean.

Purple Knight
January 17th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I can't think of any reason why Furman should even consider changing uniforms. The current ones are fantastic. Totally agree.

Retro
January 17th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I hope Mcneese never sells out to Nike.. They are like Wal-mart.. Sure they sound like they give a great deal, but they want to control everything.
I'd rather see Reebok get into college apparel... If there's anything i'm sick of seeing is that nike swoosh on everything in tv camera view... Since when did Nike make footballs anyway?

Nike Couldn't handle the NFL, so they lost that contract a few years ago.

TxSt02
January 17th, 2006, 10:19 PM

I doubt you will have new unis this year... we sign a nike deal this time 2 years ago when Bailiff came on board and we didnt get all Nike gear until this past season. in the meantime they gave us nike patches that our equipment manager sewd on over the old reebok stuff...

fuEMO
January 17th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I also like the Furman uniforms as they are right now but they are 2 years old. Furman usually rotates home and away every other year. With the Nike deal I would think they get new versions for both. Look for a mix of the Ole Miss stripes and the current look.

Kill'em
January 18th, 2006, 12:31 AM
If Georgia Southern ever changed theirs, there would be roiting in the streets.

TxSt02
January 18th, 2006, 12:32 AM

if bama changed their unis i guess that means a change for Georgia Southern... :)

ncbears
January 18th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I hope Mcneese never sells out to Nike.. They are like Wal-mart.. Sure they sound like they give a great deal, but they want to control everything.
I'd rather see Reebok get into college apparel... If there's anything i'm sick of seeing is that nike swoosh on everything in tv camera view... Since when did Nike make footballs anyway?

I like Nike, always have. Northern Colorado is with Reebok and we got new uni's a couple years ago, and they're nice. I wouldn't mind seeing them go with Nike though.

The Fan
January 18th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Didnt you guys get new Nike unis last year? Those were nice, especially the roadies. The home unis need some white I think.

Yes Sac State did have Nike uniforms last year but you would have had to attend a game to know that. CSUS has had different uniforms every year since the middle of the Volek era.

Biggs won't change the uniforms and refuses to put names on the jerseys. They are classic.

Pard4Life
January 18th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Lafayette has done something each of the past four seasons to their uniforms. White helmet, modification of the L, different school logo, slightly different jersey design on how the numbers stand out, black jerseys, black pants.

I don't know what else can be done except have a throwback helmet look. I think we have the uniform the way we want it for the next several years.

colgate13
January 18th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I don't know what else can be done except have a throwback helmet look. I think we have the uniform the way we want it for the next several years.

Now that you're winning, any serious messing with unis could be playing with fire!

Hansel
January 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM
NDSU will be getting new road uniforms next year (Nike)

Granite
January 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM

As an Ole Miss alum (for 1 degree, anyway), I have to say those are purrrrrrrty sweet! :)

Gotta love the shoulder stripes!

OL FU
January 18th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I can't think of any reason why Furman should even consider changing uniforms. The current ones are fantastic.

I agree. I have occasionally thought purple pants on the road might be a good change. Sometimes the all white gets a little boring, but I would only want the purple pants on an occasional basis.

OL FU
January 18th, 2006, 02:38 PM

Yep, just like changing offenses :rolleyes: :nod: :)

Back2Back05
January 18th, 2006, 06:02 PM

I'm with you on this one.

Back2Back05
January 18th, 2006, 06:06 PM
We updated last season - and quite nicely, though some have commented we're getting a little piping-happy.

I can't think of too many things I hate more than Nike. Let's see...I can buy a medicine ball made by a company that's been making medicine balls for a century for $19.99, or I can buy a Nike medicine ball of somewhat poorer quality for $39.99. They make way too much stuff, they make it poorly, and they charge way too much for it.

Dont touch those Uni's. THe black on black is perfect and the away looks great too.

Kill'em
January 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Yep, just like changing offenses :rolleyes: :nod: :)
All I can say is we'd better win or the streets will flow with the blood of those who wanted to f--- with the offense.

slostang
January 18th, 2006, 06:59 PM
NDSU will be getting new road uniforms next year (Nike)
You just got new road uniforms this year. Hope the new "new" road uniforms have green number vs the yellow ones this year. They looked great, but the numbers were hard to see form the stands and were an annoucers nightmare.

MR. CHICKEN
January 18th, 2006, 08:53 PM
CHANGE WHAT??...........:confused:.......BRAWK!

Torero Tradition
January 18th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Reebok is about to be overtaken by Adidas if I'm not mistaken. USD is an Adidas affiliated University, could be a bunch more on the horizon.

Mr. Tiger
January 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Jackson State is going back to the helmet used during the 1980s and 90s. We had a coach for 3 years who not only changed the helmet, he... :mad: Well, I won't go into all that. He is gone now. :hurray: But the old helmet is back and I am happy about that. This past year we had an ugly blue tiger head on a plain white helmet. Yeesh! By the way, I like the following helmets and uniforms.

1. Jackson State's old helmet and uniforms.
2. Grambling State -- Big G, Black and gold uniforms. Great colors.
3. Georgia Southern -- love the old traditional look. Don't change.
4. Southern University -- sleek look.
5. Texas State's new uniforms -- Great design. colors. Best new uniforms.
6. App State's new gear -- Right behind Texas State.

Bobcat94
January 19th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Hopefully, those unis won't look as bad as some of the ones that Nike has come up with for teams like Oregon and Virginia Tech in recent years. Nike has led the NCAA recently in bad fashion taste.

That is no joke. I think ORegon gets new unis each and every game. They are the uni models of D-IA for Nike.

Bobcat94
January 19th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I'd make a suggestion to UNI to change their Unis or the helmets. They don't match the helmet!!!!!

Retro
January 19th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Reebok is about to be overtaken by Adidas if I'm not mistaken. USD is an Adidas affiliated University, could be a bunch more on the horizon.

Reebok and Addidas are in fact Merging, but you won't see labels change anytime soon.. Reebok will still have it's label on NFL and NBA merchandise and the biggest change will come in the shoe department for both companies..

I'll be in orlando next week meeting with the Reebok Manager in charge of their new Collegiate Heisman Line at the Sports Super show. It should be fun seeing all the new stuff!

HiHiYikas
January 20th, 2006, 09:05 AM
That is no joke. I think ORegon gets new unis each and every game. They are the uni models of D-IA for Nike.
They're in Nike's back yard...

LBPop
January 20th, 2006, 11:32 AM
And John Thompson (the old coach, not the new one).

Probably right, but only in the sense of $$$. Basketball is the sport that generates the money here at Georgetown, so their success helps every other sport.

gsuwinsudont
January 20th, 2006, 12:06 PM
They're in Nike's back yard...

Nike founder Phil Knight is an Oregon Alum and obviously their most powerful booster. You should see the stuff he's had built for the Ducks Athletics...Especially for football.