PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs Ohio St in 2006

GoGuins
May 6th, 2005, 09:35 AM
According to the Columbus Dispatch, looks like it will happen. Tressel going to give YSU a big payday. Most OSU fans think of YSU as DII and won't be happy. They were going ballistic when Tressel was hired because he came from a "DII" school.

Buckeye Rivals discussion (http://www.ohiostate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=99&tid=52462403&sid=&style=2)

Bucknuts.com discussion (http://mb12.scout.com/fohiostatefrm1.showMessage?topicID=37657.topic)

89Hen
May 6th, 2005, 09:40 AM
:hyped: :hurray: Excellent for YSU!

Fordham
May 6th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Good stuff! Enjoy the payday.

ISUMatt
May 6th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Kick their Big 10 asses 'Guins!!! Reminds me of an old joke...

How do you get an Ohio State Grad off your porch?

..Pay for the pizza!!!

GoGuins
May 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Kick their Big 10 asses 'Guins!!! Reminds me of an old joke...

How do you get an Ohio State Grad off your porch?

..Pay for the pizza!!!

Good one Matt, being a Michigan fan I got a bunch of 'em

I also hate to say it, but with the way the Buckeyes are loaded in 2005, YSU (if this happens in '06) may be playing the defending Nat. Champs. But they will lose at the Big House on 11/19/2005

Paladin1aa
May 6th, 2005, 11:16 AM
You wish , Go !! :p

YSU's payday could be $500k-550k. Also, I expect a return of YSU FB in '06 and a game vs the Bucks would give them a real boost for the GFC and I-AA play-offs !! :nod:

GannonFan
May 6th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Hopefully Youngstown has things turned around by then or this could get real ugly really fast. On the bright side, Ohio St has struggled at times to put away OOC opponents so who know, the score could be closer than one would imagine.

Eagle22
May 9th, 2005, 05:19 AM
That's pretty remarkable. Gotta say I'm surprised to see it happen ....

On my site we had a thread that mentioned the absence of I-AA teams on OSU's past schedules ...

Looking over their past schedules, it was in the early 40's when they played Cornell ... since then there is no one else they've played that is currently aligned in the I-AA ranks ....

I guess Tressell figures throwing YSU a bone isn't much different than stepping down to some of those MAC teams they've scheduled in the past ... though I'm sure the alumni will hit the roof ...