PDA

View Full Version : Any team out there have Ga. Southern on their schedule?

GSU Eagle
January 16th, 2006, 10:57 AM
No one here at GSU seems to know who our other 2 non-conference opponents will be in 2006?

We have 7 conference games plus Coastal Carolina and Northeastern at home.
That still leaves 2 games

Any fans out there hearing anything from your school about playing Ga. Southern next year?

th0m
January 16th, 2006, 11:35 AM
SDSU? UCA?

JMU Duke Dog
January 16th, 2006, 11:39 AM
SDSU? UCA?

I do not think those schools will be playing Georgia Southern. JMU was in talks with Austin Peay and Appalachian State but still has not publicly finalized the schedule. I doubt it but maybe Georgia Southern will visit JMU in 2006.

Bear Fan 101
January 16th, 2006, 12:58 PM
well that is a rumor over on our board that Ga Southern wil lbe one of the teams on our schedule for this upcoming season. Now this is one of the new rumors of the week, so who knows, but while we scramble to fill games and get at least 9 or 10 games, Ga Southern has now come up as a very possible game.

Go...gate
January 16th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I wish Colgate would play them again. The 1998 playoff game down there was a lot of fun.

McTailGator
January 16th, 2006, 08:42 PM
No one here at GSU seems to know who our other 2 non-conference opponents will be in 2006?

We have 7 conference games plus Coastal Carolina and Northeastern at home.
That still leaves 2 games

Any fans out there hearing anything from your school about playing Ga. Southern next year?

Not McNeese...

Too bad. I'd like to see you guys make another visit to the "Hole"..

Mr. Tiger
January 17th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Jackson State's AD said he was talking to Georgia Southern about a game this year. But he also was talking to Louisiana-Monroe. Keep you posted.

blueballs
January 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Not McNeese...

Too bad. I'd like to see you guys make another visit to the "Hole"..

I could go for another visit to the Frosty Factory, along with all that good grub you guys threw down.

buckp
January 17th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I could go for another visit to the Frosty Factory, along with all that good grub you guys threw down.

They just put a new roof on the 'factory' just for you blueballs.... :nod:

Hurricane Rita had caved in the whole second floor!

Jacks99
January 17th, 2006, 02:47 PM
No game with SDSU this year, but there is talk of a game at GSU in 2007.

McTailGator
January 17th, 2006, 08:59 PM

LOL...

Frosty Factory is currently being rebuild. The Roof caved in during Hurricane Rita and trashed the place.

Should be up and running again in a couple of months. :beerchug:

JMU Duke Dog
January 17th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I do not think those schools will be playing Georgia Southern. JMU was in talks with Austin Peay and Appalachian State but still has not publicly finalized the schedule. I doubt it but maybe Georgia Southern will visit JMU in 2006.

I cannot believe what I heard today especially after what I stated earlier which is seen above. From a reliable source it seems that Georgia Southern will indeed be visiting JMU in September. From the same source JMU play at Marshall in 2006 (if this is true then on 9/16/06).

JMU Duke Dog
January 18th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Has anyone at Georgia Southern heard about playing at JMU in 2006?

blur2005
January 18th, 2006, 09:00 AM

I cannot believe what I heard today especially after what I stated earlier which is seen above. From a reliable source it seems that Georgia Southern will indeed be visiting JMU in September. From the same source JMU play at Marshall in 2006 (if this is true then on 9/16/06).
Wait, TWO Southern Conference schools in the same season? Hmm...well, there will be no shortage of strength in our schedule.

Baldy
January 18th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Not a word. I've heard some names kicked around but JMU wasn't one. I have my doubts it'll happen, but we shall see.

Eaglegus2
January 18th, 2006, 12:45 PM

We keep hearing variuos names..........but nothing concrete at the present.

Bear Fan 101
January 18th, 2006, 01:28 PM
still nothing about UCA possibly traveling to Ga Southern?

We are having a hard enough time finding out about our upcoming transitional schedule as it is. I'm tryingt o find anything as far as concrete, I don't care if it comes from the other schools first.

JMU Duke Dog
January 18th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Wait, TWO Southern Conference schools in the same season? Hmm...well, there will be no shortage of strength in our schedule.

No I don't think JMU would host both Appalachian State and Georgia Southern in 2006. I think the series deal with Appalachian State fell apart. If the NCAA votes to expand the I-AA regular season to 12 games then JMU could end up traveling to Marshall and hosting Austin Peay and Georgia Southern in September to finish out JMU's schedule.

th0m
January 18th, 2006, 02:20 PM
That'd be pretty brutal though, GSU and Marshall plus the A-10 slate.

jmuroller
January 18th, 2006, 03:04 PM
That'd be pretty brutal though, GSU and Marshall plus the A-10 slate.

Suicidal to say the least.