PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown Coach "Debuts" tonight

LBPop
January 14th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Not that I expect many on the AGS board to really care, but tonight is the Georgetown football banquet. These affairs are always fun with awards being presented and all the optimism that is expressed with the beginning of a new year. However, tonight is special because this will be our first chance to meet the new Head Coach, Kevin Kelly.

So, as I sit here waiting for the Redskins to take on the Seahawks in a little over four hours and since I will miss the second half as I attend the banquet, I decided to kill a few minutes and put up this post. There will be a lot of headphones being worn tonight as there will be a lot of Redskin fans in the audience. There's some new optimism at Georgetown and it should really begin building momentum tonight. Can't wait for spring ball. :hyped:

JoltinJoe
January 14th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Not that I expect many on the AGS board to really care, but tonight is the Georgetown football banquet. These affairs are always fun with awards being presented and all the optimism that is expressed with the beginning of a new year. However, tonight is special because this will be our first chance to meet the new Head Coach, Kevin Kelly.

So, as I sit here waiting for the Redskins to take on the Seahawks in a little over four hours and since I will miss the second half as I attend the banquet, I decided to kill a few minutes and put up this post. There will be a lot of headphones being worn tonight as there will be a lot of Redskin fans in the audience. There's some new optimism at Georgetown and it should really begin building momentum tonight. Can't wait for spring ball. :hyped:

Good luck to your Seahawks from this Giant fan. ;)

Seriously have a blast at the football banquet.

And even this Giants fan can find a little room in his heart for those Skins given that Aki Jones is now No. 3 on the depth chart at RDT.

Fordham
January 14th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Enjoy it Pop! And let us know how your new guy does in front of his new fan base.

ngineer
January 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Have fun LBP--we have our banquet in on the 28th where Coen makes his 'state of the program' address to the players, parents, and alums. Let us know whether Kelley is planning on any changes to Gtown's style of play.

colgate13
January 14th, 2006, 10:15 PM
The Colgate banquet isn't until Feb.

I'm surprised to hear G'Town's is now. Is school in session now? Is there a J Term at Georgetown????

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
The spring term started Jan. 11, and the next three weekends are booked with other athletics dinners and events.

colgate13
January 14th, 2006, 10:41 PM
The 11th? When does the semester end? Colgate's not back until the 23rd... that seems really early to me.

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2006, 10:45 PM
The 11th? When does the semester end?

May 12.

massdad
January 14th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Coach K got off to a great start. He's no nonsense...will bring strong discipline and elevated workload from a physical standpoint. All the ex-jock Dad's smiled when he talked about the "fourth quarter" drills to come...not sure the players had the same happy reaction as the old men. I also got a strong sense that recruiting is going well...I won't be surprised to see us get some 1A guys that he was chasing for Navy. The night was a great success, and congrats to the 17 Seniors honored for their hard work and commitment...they've set the table for the success we Hoya fans are expecting in the years ahead.

Pard4Life
January 14th, 2006, 10:54 PM
The 11th? When does the semester end? Colgate's not back until the 23rd... that seems really early to me.

Lafayette is January 23 as well.. early?? ... that's late... the entire south is back, PSU is back, many other publics are back.

I hated that late return. Too long a break, boring time at home. And who has the moola to go on those interim trips aside from the rich kids or the Marquis Scholars who get it for free.. Thanks to a very nice summer internship I could go on a trip. But, I think they are somewhat unnecesary since the majority sit and do nothing.

Pard4Life
January 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
So how is the new guy's attitude and aura different from Benson? Any intagibles noticed right off the bat at the banquet?

LBPop
January 15th, 2006, 09:46 AM
So how is the new guy's attitude and aura different from Benson? Any intagibles noticed right off the bat at the banquet?

As MassDad said, it appears that discipline and effort will be the themes. Of course every coach says that, but coming from a man who has worked for this opportunity for 20 years and who has had real success at a place like the Naval Academy, I believe him. He is cordial and he was more at ease in front of the crowd than I expected. He appears to be an excellent hire for Georgetown and the returning players are already excited about next season. They are even looking forward to off season training...well kind of looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

colgate13
January 16th, 2006, 07:07 AM
May 12.

Wow, last day as Colgate too. I guess at Georgetown you get more for your money!!!

Good to hear there is some excitement in Hoyaland. You don't get many chances for a program boost like this, so I hope you guys can make the most of it!

faxjusfax
January 16th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Any word on filling those 2 open dates in late October?

Go...gate
January 16th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Best of luck to Kelly as he takes command.