PDA

View Full Version : CAA Today: Recruiting Perspectives; Rhode Island & Towson Players

CSN-info
August 10th, 2010, 01:58 AM
By Terence Thomas, CAA Today Columnist

Since August 2009, I’ve conducted head coach and player interviews regarding the recruitment process. The next several columns will feature the responses from those interviews. In this column, I will share with you the player interviews from Rhode Island and Towson that were taken at M&T Bank stadium in Baltimore at the CAA Media Event. ...

Read More (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?206-CAA-Today-Recruiting-Perspectives-Rhode-Island-Towson-Players)

jmufan999
August 10th, 2010, 09:37 AM
"I felt that Towson was a good fit."

Translation: Towson was the only offer I got.

NHwildEcat
August 10th, 2010, 09:41 AM
"I felt that Towson was a good fit."

Translation: Towson was the only offer I got.

xlolx

DFW HOYA
August 10th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Towson has never gained momentum in the CAA. It's not the stadium, so what gives?

andy7171
August 10th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry I thought there was a separate smack forum?

The only one to offer to a 2010 preseason All-CAA selection. What's that say about the other school recruiting?

The administration hamstrung the Combs era recruiting by insisiting 70% of the recruit come from MD and then limited the recruiting budget so those coaches could only recruit in neighboring states of PA, NJ, DE, and VA. Well NY too. So the last good team in 2006, 7-4, was the senior class for Patriot League recruits. PL recruiting budgets don't work in the CAA. Combs was fired. Ambrose has come in and changed that. Half the recruiting class is coming in from Florida. Recruiting trips this spring were all over the south from Florida to Texas. Things have changed. Year 3-4 of Ambroses era will be the proving years.

Anovafan
August 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I respect those kids at URI and Towson a lot. They are as committed as any other team in the CAA despite their recent losing records.

Tribe4SF
August 10th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Towson still needs to get a better foothold with MD recruits. W&M has been mining the state for years, and has all-CAA players from MD every year. There's good talent there.

DFW HOYA
August 10th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Towson still needs to get a better foothold with MD recruits. W&M has been mining the state for years, and has all-CAA players from MD every year. There's good talent there.

Georgetown could do better as well. Only four MD players on its roster, only one (1) from D.C.