PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Athletics Busing Fans to Lake Charles

News from the FCS
August 8th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Lamar Athletics is offering an all-inclusive game experience to and from Lake Charles for the September 4th game against McNeese State University.

More... (http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/lama/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080610aaf.html)

TexasTerror
August 9th, 2010, 07:00 AM
How many fans are we expecting to see in Lake Charles for this game?

Is Lamar going to be able to get enough seats in the stadium? I know they had an allotment, but seems the Pokes would make sure to buy seats to the season opener, let alone against the rival Cards.

McNeese75
August 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM
McNeese fans are bad about walking up on game day to buy a ticket. I would imagine most of the Lamar fans will be able to get in the staduim if they show up early although with the new field house construction going on the standing room only space will be limited (if it gets to that point which I doubt).

TexasTerror
August 9th, 2010, 09:44 AM
McNeese fans are bad about walking up on game day to buy a ticket. I would imagine most of the Lamar fans will be able to get in the staduim if they show up early although with the new field house construction going on the standing room only space will be limited (if it gets to that point which I doubt).

Is there a number yet on McNeese season tickets? In the past, you guys have been in the 8-9k range alone in season tickets, right?

McNeese75
August 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Last I heard we were near where we were last year which is in the 8,000 plus range

bigred360
August 9th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I think 2-3 thousand Cardinal fan's will make it to Cowboy Stadium (Hopefully more). Our allotment from MSU was about 500 I'm pretty sure. So there will be a large walk up crowd for Lamar.

I remember the atmoshere back in the 90's on game day when a relative played for the Cowboys. They have great tradition at McNeese and I look for a good experience Sept. 4th.

Thank God after 21 years football is back at Lamar.

TexasTerror
August 9th, 2010, 04:45 PM
McNeese75 -

Do you think the fan base at McNeese knows, understands the rivalry that existed between the two programs? Back in the day, was it number 2 behind Southwestern Louisiana?

GeauxLions94
August 9th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Lamar Athletics is offering an all-inclusive game experience to and from Lake Charles for the September 4th game against McNeese State University.

More... (http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/lama/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080610aaf.html)

The schools are 45 minutes away from each other ... why do they need to bus folks in??? Lamar can put that money to better use IMO.

I'm pretty sure the Lamar fans will show up no matter what for that game. Should be a great night in the Hole.

TexasTerror
August 9th, 2010, 08:38 PM
The schools are 45 minutes away from each other ... why do they need to bus folks in??? Lamar can put that money to better use IMO.

This is where I bit my tongue on any remarks associated with the demographics of the Lamar fan base... ;)

McNeese75
August 9th, 2010, 09:44 PM
McNeese75 -

Do you think the fan base at McNeese knows, understands the rivalry that existed between the two programs? Back in the day, was it number 2 behind Southwestern Louisiana?

Well for the more "mature" fan like myself we remember well. I was at the last game played in Beaumont and it was always a heated rivalry. The USL feud was just plain explosive at times, LOL but with them off the table I see a healthy respect and stadium filling rivalry between MSU and LU building in the future. I found out today our season ticket sales last year was 8,800 and should exceed that by the first game.

bigred360
August 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM

I'm pretty sure the Lamar fans will show up no matter what for that game. Should be a great night in the Hole.

No, it's 35 miles from Beaumont to Orange and then from Orange to Lake Charles it's about another 35 miles. I make the drive from Orange to Beaumont frequently.

Here is the article regarding this subject from lamarcardinals.com

BEAUMONT - Because of high interest from fans, alumni and students Lamar Athletics is offering an all-inclusive game experience to and from Lake Charles for the September 4th game against McNeese State University. For the minimal price of $50/person, travel guests will receive bus transportation from our partner Sun Travel, a general admission ticket into the game (seated in the Lamar section), and food/beverages on the bus.

Transportation will depart from the Montagne Center at 4:00pm on September 4th and return following the game. Interested fans may call the Lamar Athletic Development Office at 880-2319 to make reservations before 5:00pm on Monday, August 23rd.

Plus the current Cardinal Club president, Shawn Bruno will bring some of the wine from his winery and others will bring alcoholic beverages for the trip. Having a bus trip for this situation is the mature thing to do.

So there will be a party from Beaumont to Lake Charles and back win or lose on the field.

McNeese75
August 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Pretty close, campus to campus is about 64 miles

3rd Coast Tiger
August 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I was up on McNeese's campus over the weekend and went into the stadium to see the construction on the fieldhouse. Nice work Cowboys! xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
August 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I was up on McNeese's campus over the weekend and went into the stadium to see the construction on the fieldhouse. Nice work Cowboys! xthumbsupx

Any McNeese folks have recent pictures of the fieldhouse?

GeauxLions94
August 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
No, it's 35 miles from Beaumont to Orange and then from Orange to Lake Charles it's about another 35 miles. I make the drive from Orange to Beaumont frequently.

BEAUMONT - Because of high interest from fans, alumni and students Lamar Athletics is offering an all-inclusive game experience to and from Lake Charles for the September 4th game against McNeese State University. For the minimal price of $50/person, travel guests will receive bus transportation from our partner Sun Travel, a general admission ticket into the game (seated in the Lamar section), and food/beverages on the bus.

Transportation will depart from the Montagne Center at 4:00pm on September 4th and return following the game. Interested fans may call the Lamar Athletic Development Office at 880-2319 to make reservations before 5:00pm on Monday, August 23rd.

Plus the current Cardinal Club president, Shawn Bruno will bring some of the wine from his winery and others will bring alcoholic beverages for the trip. Having a bus trip for this situation is the mature thing to do.

So there will be a party from Beaumont to Lake Charles and back win or lose on the field.

You forgot you're dealing with Louisiana drivers and we're not used to the 65 mph speed limit in Texas at night. xcoolx ... it's really not a bad option for those who wish to have a few "adult pops" on their way to the game.

TexasTerror
August 17th, 2010, 07:34 PM
You forgot you're dealing with Louisiana drivers and we're not used to the 65 mph speed limit in Texas at night. xcoolx ... it's really not a bad option for those who wish to have a few "adult pops" on their way to the game.

And the Texas drivers are not exactly use to the poor interstate conditions found east of the Sabine...

Never did like when Slick Rick gave permission to move the speed limit from 70 to 65 to help the environment...

CardAmbassador
August 17th, 2010, 07:43 PM
The initial 500 are pretty much gone according to what I have heard. I think we will see at least 2k LU fans, I would hope for more, but I think it's going to take some time to woo the public, then again, I'm a new school kid, I don't really know about all the alumni.

McNeese75
August 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Any McNeese folks have recent pictures of the fieldhouse?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dlthibo/4861510439/