PDA

View Full Version : Ochs - Two Year Deal with Bills

TexasTerror
January 11th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Craig Ochs, who quarterbacked the University of Montana to the 2004 Division I-AA title game, has signed a 2-year contract with the Buffalo Bills of the NFL.

Glad to see Ochs get a two-year deal. Perhaps he'll get to stick around the Bills for the duration of that contract.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/01/11/sports/sports02.txt&cid=0

UNH 40
January 11th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Craig Ochs, who quarterbacked the University of Montana to the 2004 Division I-AA title game, has signed a 2-year contract with the Buffalo Bills of the NFL.

Glad to see Ochs get a two-year deal. Perhaps he'll get to stick around the Bills for the duration of that contract.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/01/11/sports/sports02.txt&cid=0

He's gotta be better than losman and holcomb.

ewu guy
January 11th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Congrats to Ochs on the contract, but personally I didn't think he was an exceptionally talented player in college. A good QB and athlete, yes, but not phenominal by any means. My perception is that the team that was around him is what made him so good. Has he drastically improved his game in the past year? Can anyone with SOLID connections comment.....?

AZGrizFan
January 11th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Congrats to Ochs on the contract, but personally I didn't think he was an exceptionally talented player in college. A good QB and athlete, yes, but not phenominal by any means. My perception is that the team that was around him is what made him so good. Has he drastically improved his game in the past year? Can anyone with SOLID connections comment.....?

Craig Ochs quarterbacked the University of Montana to the 2004 Division I-AA title game

Ochs threw for 3,807 yards and 33 touchdowns as the Griz went 12-3 in 2004.

Ochs threw for 5,419 yards in two seasons at UM

Yep. Not exceptionally talented. How many title games did Meyers lead EWU to? Check out his stats during the playoff run in 2004. And it's almost ALWAYS the team around someone that makes them look so good (except, of course, of you're Vince Young). I wonder how good Meyers would have looked quarterbacking Sac State or NAU this year? Ask Jason Murietta about that....he was a world beater at NAU in 2003 with Clarence Moore to throw to, and the past two years he's been lucky to keep his job. It ain't rocket science, ewu guy. :bang: :bang:

ewu guy
January 11th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I never said Ochs wasn't a talent and didn't hang up good numbers. On the occasions I saw him play in person, he didn't appear to be an NFL caliber quarterback. Jason White was a Heisman winner with impressive stats at Oklahoma, but didn't have the ability to hack it in the NFL. Stats don't always equate to success at the next level, and it takes more than simply a good QB to make it to the title game. I was simply stating that Ochs never looked exceptionally gifted to me.

AZGrizFan
January 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I never said Ochs wasn't a talent and didn't hang up good numbers. On the occasions I saw him play in person, he didn't appear to be an NFL caliber quarterback. Jason White was a Heisman winner with impressive stats at Oklahoma, but didn't have the ability to hack it in the NFL. Stats don't always equate to success at the next level, and it takes more than simply a good QB to make it to the title game. I was simply stating that Ochs never looked exceptionally gifted to me.

Well, Jake Plummer didn't look like he had what it takes to make it at the next level as a Cardinal, and now he's going to the Pro Bowl as a Bronco. Hell, right now the Redskins QB doesn't look like he's got what it takes to play at this level... If (and that's a BIG if) Ochs actually gets to take a few snaps under center as a Bill, he in all likelihood won't look very good because the Bills aren't very good.

On the occasions that I watched him play, he was incredibly accurate, called a good game, ran a very complex offense and did it well. He may not be able to throw a football through a brick wall, but he's better (in my opinion than about 1/2 the b/u qb's in the NFL right now.

And if I were starting an NFL team and had to pick a former college QB not in the league currently, I can think of about a dozen former I-AA QB's I'd take over Jason White. He wasn't even the best player on HIS team the year he won the Heisman.

Slackjaw
January 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I'm with ewu guy on this one. Ochs never really impressed me all that much and even if he gets to play he will fall really bad on some harmless play and end up hurt. And who is this meyers dude?

TulsaBobcat
January 12th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah, who the heck is Meyers? Sounds like a straw man.

blackfordpu
January 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM
If he gets a chance to play we will put this argument to rest. :)

TexasTerror
January 20th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Word out of Buffalo is that Ochs is heading to NFL Europe...

UMclassof2002
January 24th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Ochs won't play 4 games in NFL Europe before he is brought to the parent club. He is an intelligent QB with laser accuracy and the ability to correctly read defenses and change plays at the LOS. He is 2x better than who the Bills currently have at QB. Losman, Holcomb and Matthews? Good lord! Welcome to the league, Craig!

blackfordpu
January 24th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Word out of Buffalo is that Ochs is heading to NFL Europe...

Wasn't Dustin Long sent there? We never heard from him again.