PDA

View Full Version : UGA/GSU in 2008.

ButlerGSU
January 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM
UGA and GSU will open their seasons playing each other in Athens in 2008.

TexasTerror
January 11th, 2006, 07:49 AM
UGA is getting pretty I-AA friendly...

"The Bulldogs also finalized deals with Division I-AA schools Georgia Southern, Western Carolina and Appalachian State"

colgate13
January 11th, 2006, 09:32 AM
It's that 12th I-A game my friends... more I-AA/I-A matchups.

ASU Kep
January 11th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Good luck, I'll be cheering my ass of for ya'll. We got em the year after.

catamount man
January 11th, 2006, 03:04 PM
From what I've been told, WCU will clear about $375K on that trip to Athens. Not too bad. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 17th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Good luck, I'll be cheering my ass of for ya'll. We got em the year after.

And I'll be cheering for you guys then. I freakin' hate UGAy. I'd pull for Furman to beat them. :mad:

ASU Kep
January 17th, 2006, 10:08 PM
And I'll be cheering for you guys then. I freakin' hate UGAy. I'd pull for Furman to beat them. :mad:

Believe it or not, me too. I've probably said this a thousand times before, but I grew up in GA and hate the hell out of the bulldogs. Only thing that almost makes me not wanna root for ya'll in 2008 is that if you DO pull it off, they'd be out for I-AA blood in 2009. And with the recruiting class those bastards got this year, unfortunately I think they're going to be one helluva team in 2009. WCU will face the weakest UGAy team next year, lacking even a clear starter at QB at this point, but they'll be kicking by the time they face us. I'll be there though, Sanford Stadium; the belly of the beast, come 2009, hoping for a massive upset/borderline miracle. Best of luck to all three of the I-AA's...if we go one for three I'll be ecstatic.

FU97
January 18th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Believe it or not, me too. I've probably said this a thousand times before, but I grew up in GA and hate the hell out of the bulldogs. Only thing that almost makes me not wanna root for ya'll in 2008 is that if you DO pull it off, they'd be out for I-AA blood in 2009. And with the recruiting class those bastards got this year, unfortunately I think they're going to be one helluva team in 2009. WCU will face the weakest UGAy team next year, lacking even a clear starter at QB at this point, but they'll be kicking by the time they face us. I'll be there though, Sanford Stadium; the belly of the beast, come 2009, hoping for a massive upset/borderline miracle. Best of luck to all three of the I-AA's...if we go one for three I'll be ecstatic.

UGA will be fine at QB, even next year. They has so much young talent at QB its scary. They have a couple of guys that should be able to step up. Wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Cox from Independence HS in Charlotte win the job. He has chemistry with Massaquoi, his former HS teammate and UGA's best WR.

ButlerGSU
January 18th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I'd put my money on the kid from Texas starting.

FU97
January 18th, 2006, 09:15 AM
I'd put my money on the kid from Texas starting.

I think that will be quite a battle between those two. As a UGA fan, one I'm interested in seeing play out in the offseason.

eagleskins
January 18th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Ugay is going to blow next year. They will finish 4th in the SEC East. Wish we had them this year.