PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State

jhanel
August 5th, 2010, 12:29 PM
We have been on a steady decline for a while, and finally hit rock bottom last year. If spring practice is any indication as to how we will do this football season, we could surprise a lot of people. Here is something I made for the players, enjoy! Fork'em Demons!

http://www.vimeo.com/13914571

TexasTerror
August 5th, 2010, 12:51 PM
You guys were not too far off from winning a few games last year...

I'm more curious about the QB situation and why BDP would take in Garrett when he has an All-SLC preseason performer in Paul Harris, who is exceptional and an FBS transfer from Louisville on staff...

If Harris wants to leave, I'm sure they'd have plenty of schools after him.

darell1976
August 5th, 2010, 12:58 PM
We should give you guys a great game Sept. 25th in Grand Forks.

SU DOG
August 5th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I've heard some scary things out of Natchitoches - two great recruiting classes, FBS transfers, and a new team attitude. Sure would like for your second game to be in Birmingham and not at Turpin Stadium.

jhanel
August 5th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Im with you, if only for depth.

A lot has been said of why he would not just go somewhere else, but this is an opportunity to start off new, and with less pressure. We have (true soph.) Paul Harris listed as the starter (had an injury over the summer?), (sr.) Tyler Wolfe as the backup (looks good after surgery, but has not taken a hit on that shoulder yet?), (soph.) Stephen Stamey as the third string ( has not played a down, and was up and down during the spring?) (fr.) Don Canyon will probably redshirt (from what I hear, he has a cannon, but is very raw, needs some work?)

And now comes Chris Garret, He has loads of potential, has had experience with a solid BCS program, could start if needed. Has no injury history, and with all the question marks for the current quarterbacks on the injury front, this is a great insurance policy. I know he will compete, but I know he will not be upset if he does not start. He has even more incentive to be at NSU his girlfriend goes to school there.

jhanel
August 5th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I too, look forward to the North Dakota game this year at your place. We had way to many turnovers at our place and kept shooting ourselves in the foot in the redzone. Hope our players can handle the noise in your place.

I have the Samford game circled, if we play well and come away with a convincing victory it would give our guys a mental edge for the rest of the season. Our players believe this year will be one to remember and have worked very hard to make it happen.

I just want the season to start already.

darell1976
August 5th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I too, look forward to the North Dakota game this year at your place. We had way to many turnovers at our place and kept shooting ourselves in the foot in the redzone. Hope our players can handle the noise in your place.

I have the Samford game circled, if we play well and come away with a convincing victory it would give our guys a mental edge for the rest of the season. Our players believe this year will be one to remember and have worked very hard to make it happen.

I just want the season to start already.

I hope for good turnout, and it does get very loud!!

jhanel
August 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Sure wish I could make that trip, but will just have to listen on the radio, or do you guys live stream your games for free on the internet?

darell1976
August 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
fightingsioux.com it has info on the streaming.

F'N Hawks
August 5th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Sure wish I could make that trip, but will just have to listen on the radio, or do you guys live stream your games for free on the internet?

UND will be televising that game through the Fighting Sioux Sports Network.

TexasTerror
August 5th, 2010, 04:19 PM
UND will be televising that game through the Fighting Sioux Sports Network.

Do games on the Fighting Sioux Network go on the Sioxutra? Both schools are NeuLion partners, so if it did - NSU could pick it up on their online video share.

F'N Hawks
August 6th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Do games on the Fighting Sioux Network go on the Sioxutra? Both schools are NeuLion partners, so if it did - NSU could pick it up on their online video share.

I believe they do but will need to check.

jhanel
August 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Thats a great question, and I hope they do!