PDA

View Full Version : FCS football in VA

heath
August 4th, 2010, 06:03 PM
With Richmond, W&M, JMU, Liberty and now ODU in the mix, is there another area(or state) with this much talent and depth at the FCS level? All 5 teams could make the playoffs and advance.

AAadict
August 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Very true. I'm guessing PA fans would wonder how significant that point really is when they have packed stadiums at Pitt and Penn St. But since this forum is FCS based and we love our playoffs...good point.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 4th, 2010, 07:42 PM
With Richmond, W&M, JMU, Liberty and now ODU in the mix, is there another area(or state) with this much talent and depth at the FCS level? All 5 teams could make the playoffs and advance.

All 5?

That could be a reach, but VA is a FCS rich area....don't forget Hampton

superman7515
August 4th, 2010, 07:50 PM
All 5?

That could be a reach, but VA is a FCS rich area....don't forget Hampton

Or Norfolk State... or VMI...

Longhorn
August 4th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Or Norfolk State... or VMI...

Or UVA...oops...my bad...they just play like a lower level FCS team.

DFW HOYA
August 4th, 2010, 09:44 PM
If the Southland had stayed stronger, I'd say Texas, but the SLC is in a period of transition.

NHwildEcat
August 5th, 2010, 08:51 AM
What about the NH? We have UNH and Dartmouth...xlolx

...well, Dartmouth does have a nationally televised game at the very least!

henfan
August 5th, 2010, 10:28 AM

W&M is solid and should make the playoffs. At this point, JMU seems more of a reach but could very well get in with an at-large. Ditto Liberty. UR would also be a suprise, given their losses and coaching change. ODU is not making the playoffs. Hampton and NSU are also not making the playoffs, though one of them might play in a bowl.

Still, your point is well taken. VA FCS FB is definitely on the uptick.

gophoenix
August 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM
ODU isn't going to make the playoffs with a SoS with NC Central, Campbell, Jacksonville, Monmouth, VMI, Savannah State and Georgia State. The committee has set the precedent for that in the past.

Bogus Megapardus
August 5th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I think Rhode Island might actually win FCS per square mile.

PhoenixSupreme
August 5th, 2010, 11:59 AM
now if only VCU could field a football team.....

WMTribe90
August 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
If WM (or any other VA FCS program) won a National Title, that would be three teams from one state with NC's. Is there any other state that could boast three NC programs at either the FCS or the FBS level. How many states currently have two at the FCS level?

Montana (MSU and Montana)

darell1976
August 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM
North Dakota and North Dakota State!!

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
North Dakota and North Dakota State!!

* FCS championships awarded by the Nobel prize committee based upon what they could achieve. President Obama will present the awards.

darell1976
August 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
* FCS championships awarded by the Nobel prize committee based upon what they could achieve. President Obama will present the awards.

He will still be president when we win the National title in 2012.xthumbsupx

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM
He will still be president when we win the National title in 2012.xthumbsupx

I wish you luck. Hopefully he will be a lame duck by that time....

heath
August 5th, 2010, 03:00 PM
once ODU moves into the CAA,look for them to compete for a title in 2-3 years. Its called recruiting the 757. Book it!

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2010, 03:10 PM
once ODU moves into the CAA,look for them to compete for a title in 2-3 years. Its called recruiting the 757. Book it!

I've put it on my calendar, UND NC in 2012 and ODU in 2013.

tribefan40
August 5th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I've put it on my calendar, UND NC in 2012 and ODU in 2013.

I thought ODU was already penciled in from 2011 on. It's getting hard to keep up with....