PDA

View Full Version : Who will receive the Transfer U title this year?

Cocky
January 10th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Liberty seems to have taken the lead right now.
GSU, Idaho State, JSU, and Montana have gotten some good quality but not quantity.

Eaglegus2
January 10th, 2006, 08:19 AM
GSU, Idaho State, JSU, and Montana have gotten some good quality but not quantity.

Another transfer that has been rumored headed to GSU is Danny Ware running back from The University of Georgia.

Still a rumor with nothing concrete.

Cocky
January 10th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Another transfer that has been rumored headed to GSU is Danny Ware running back from The University of Georgia.

Is he from Rockmart? If so he was a good high school player.

AppGuy04
January 10th, 2006, 08:45 AM

i thought you guys hated UGA, just on principle alone, you shouldn't allow him in

OL FU
January 10th, 2006, 08:49 AM
i thought you guys hated UGA, just on principle alone, you shouldn't allow him in

No, the fact that he is from UGA would make it that much sweeter.

Baldy
January 10th, 2006, 08:50 AM
He ran all over us in his first collegiate game in 2004. :cool:

Not quite sure I believe it. We shall see.

FlyBoy8
January 10th, 2006, 09:11 AM
I want to know which I-A school loses the most players to I-AA.

ASU Kep
January 10th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Danny Ware would be a HUGE get for GSU, but UTC seems to be leading the "quantity" Transfer race, at least in the SOCON, which is all I looked at.

...with Mortenson and the possibility of Ware, GSU might not be that bad next year, even sans option.

Ware would be a Junior next year too...ya'll have any plans to head back to Athens in the next couple years? That might be a pretty sweet incentive.

Cocky
January 10th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I want to know which I-A school loses the most players to I-AA.

Pittsburgh has loss a few good ones. The RB and TE that went to Liberty both got playing time. This doesn't include the QB from last year that the coach wouldn't release and sat out at Delaware.

SU Jag
January 10th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Probably Florida State transfers to FAMU or LSU transfers to Southern.

blukeys
January 10th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Rumor has is that another TE is transferring from Pitt to Delaware. Wannstadt must really love I-AA. He keeps running players our way.!!! :)

Cocky
January 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Rumor has is that another TE is transferring from Pitt to Delaware. Wannstadt must really love I-AA. He keeps running players our way.!!! :)

He has left. Liberty also got a Lineman from ECU which had earlier committed to Chattanooga.

NSUDemon98
January 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM

With as many transfer seniors as TSU-SM lost this past year I would think they will be in the hunt for the title.

DinoDex200
January 10th, 2006, 02:54 PM

To answer your question - yes, he is from Rockmart. It's amazing how many good athletes come out of the NW and West Central part of GA.

Blake Mitchell, Reggie Brown, Ronnie Brown, Danny Ware, etc.

Sly Fox
January 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Its good to see Liberty being mentioned in reference to something that's not a punchline.

Traditionally we have landed quite a few I-A transfers. But this is a rather nice haul this winter. Obviously, we could use the influx of talent for our new coaching staff.

blackfordpu
January 10th, 2006, 06:00 PM

If it means another run at the I-AA title I will put that lable on Sam Houston this season. :nod:

DaGriz
January 10th, 2006, 07:16 PM
If it means another run at the I-AA title I will put that lable on Sam Houston this season. :nod:

What's Sam Houston's transfer situation looking like so far?