PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana 2009 Season Highlight Videos...

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Here are some highlights of our 2009 season, both team and individual:

Offensive Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIhLNiR-t8A

Defensive Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXCslPGbAGw

Simmie Yarborough, WR (Full Season)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTyvLAQfDSw

Kevin Hughes, Left Tackle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDRDdBFOOw

Tyler Beatty, QB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvHnu9H6yEA

Panther88
July 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
That front-four on defense is very, very impressive.

Nice vids!

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
That front-four on defense is very, very impressive.

Nice vids!

Well, most of them are back, plus we're adding a couple of 300+ guys to the mix...should be very, very good up front and greatly improved defensively this fall...looking forward to the season!

McNeese75
July 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM
SY is scary good and if all goes well I would not be surprised to see him on Sundays in the future. He sure made your QB look good last year because that boy took a beating at times.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2010, 07:15 PM
SY is scary good and if all goes well I would not be surprised to see him on Sundays in the future. He sure made your QB look good last year because that boy took a beating at times.

He's got a chance...scouts have been tracking him since fall camp of his freshman year...just needs to stay healthy, humble and continue to improve.

I'd say it was a two-way street with him and Babin...Brian had a knack for being able to throw a guy open and was a good decision maker...he also had big balls and was not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit...of course Simmie, as well as Merrick Lanaux, Chris Wilson, Andre Cryer, and Kory Theodore, are/were all good at going after the ball and making tough catches...they can make just about any QB look good.

smallcollegefbfan
July 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM
He's got a chance...scouts have been tracking him since fall camp of his freshman year...just needs to stay healthy, humble and continue to improve.

I'd say it was a two-way street with him and Babin...Brian had a knack for being able to throw a guy open and was a good decision maker...he also had big balls and was not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit...of course Simmie, as well as Merrick Lanaux, Chris Wilson, Andre Cryer, and Kory Theodore, are/were all good at going after the ball and making tough catches...they can make just about any QB look good.

Not quite sure Simmie is fast enough quite yet. He looks like a 4.65-4.70 guy. He will need to get faster in order to be drafted. He has marginal speed by NFL standards but solid speed in the SLC. He really is a very good player though.

Kevin Hughes is real inconsistent in those highlights. A few plays in the first highlight he got beat pretty bad. He is a real hot and cold kid. Needs technique work and needs to be more consistent but also has some impressive plays on tape. He needs to bulk up a little as well. He should be 305 to 310 as he was only around 295 for the scouts in the spring.

As for Beatty as you can see his release and mechanics aren't that great but he gets the ball out fairly quick and has a solid arm. I really think he will be one of the top 3-4 QBs in the SLC this year.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Not quite sure Simmie is fast enough quite yet. He looks like a 4.65-4.70 guy. He will need to get faster in order to be drafted. He has marginal speed by NFL standards but solid speed in the SLC. He really is a very good player though.

Kevin Hughes is real inconsistent in those highlights. A few plays in the first highlight he got beat pretty bad. He is a real hot and cold kid. Needs technique work and needs to be more consistent but also has some impressive plays on tape. He needs to bulk up a little as well. He should be 305 to 310 as he was only around 295 for the scouts in the spring.

Simmie ran 4.48 during timing day and that's legitimate...he can cover a wide open 40 in game situations in the 4.0 range which is what a 4.48 to 4.5 would translate to...not sure how you go about doing your estimations but your way off on this one.

Edit: I went back and checked the time sheet and Simmie actually ran 4.46, instead of 4.48.

McNeese75
July 29th, 2010, 09:46 PM

I think SY is considerably quicker than 4.6 - 4.7. The big guy motors pretty good.

smallcollegefbfan
July 29th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Simmie ran 4.48 during timing day and that's legitimate...he can cover a wide open 40 in game situations in the 4.0 range which is what a 4.48 to 4.5 would translate to...not sure how you go about doing your estimations but your way off on this one.

Usually school times are a little fast. All I'm saying is that he looks about a 4.6 guy based on NFL timing. He will run for the scouts next spring and we will see but I think he looks more like a 4.6 guy based on last year. He might run 4.55-4.60 but I would be pleasantly surprised if he runs that fast. If he runs 4.48 he is going in the 3rd-5th round because he has size, good numbers, and has some moves.

smallcollegefbfan
July 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I think SY is considerably quicker than 4.6 - 4.7. The big guy motors pretty good.

I hope he does and trust me if he runs better than 4.55 he is going in the top 125 because he is a very good possession receiver with good leaping ability, good hands, good size, and has been consistently productive thus far. Watch that first Nicholls State play in his highlight. You can see he has adequate speed for the next level but does not have that explosive second gear where he turns on the jets like others I have scouted in the past who ran in the 4.45 range. I'm saying I have seen guys with more explosion who ran 4.45-4.49 range so I really think he would time in the 4.56-4.63 range for scouts right now and if he had a bad day I could see 4.65-4.67 but could also see him getting faster in two years and with training running 4.53-4.55 range. Just watch him how he starts to run away from players but then doesn't have that second gear like some guys have and doesn't really separate much more, if any, once he gets in full stride.

lionsrking2
July 30th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Watch that first Nicholls State play in his highlight. You can see he has adequate speed for the next level but does not have that explosive second gear where he turns on the jets like others I have scouted in the past who ran in the 4.45 range. I'm saying I have seen guys with more explosion who ran 4.45-4.49 range so I really think he would time in the 4.56-4.63 range for scouts right now and if he had a bad day I could see 4.65-4.67 but could also see him getting faster in two years and with training running 4.53-4.55 range. Just watch him how he starts to run away from players but then doesn't have that second gear like some guys have and doesn't really separate much more, if any, once he gets in full stride.

You do realize he played hurt most of the year? Fought through a sprained knee early and rolled his ankle pretty badly at McNeese...missed the second half of that game, all of the UCA game and shouldn't have played at all in the next two though did play a few snaps...came back for Nicholls but nowhere near 100%...I'd say for a guy with an ankle the size of a softball, he navigated his way around pretty well on the Nicholls clip you referred to.

smallcollegefbfan
July 30th, 2010, 08:26 AM
You do realize he played hurt most of the year? Fought through a sprained knee early and rolled his ankle pretty badly at McNeese...missed the second half of that game, all of the UCA game and shouldn't have played at all in the next two though did play a few snaps...came back for Nicholls but nowhere near 100%...I'd say for a guy with an ankle the size of a softball, he navigated his way around pretty well on the Nicholls clip you referred to.

Did not know that. That would explain it then. I will definitely look at him this season to see how fast he looks when healthy. When watching tape you don't always know if a guy is hurt and to what extent.