PDA

View Full Version : ODU Loses 4 Players

smallcollegefbfan
July 21st, 2010, 02:53 PM
http://hamptonroads.com/2010/07/top-2009-recruit-among-several-leaving-odu-football-program

kdinva
July 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM
......including two starting Linebackers, ouch!:(

superman7515
July 21st, 2010, 03:56 PM
I watched Alex Bell in high school, good kid. I don't seem him being an above average tight end, but maybe he'll surprise me. He had offers from FBS schools and UD but chose to go to ODU, now he's dropping back to West Chester. Hopefully it works out for him.

RookieWill
July 21st, 2010, 05:12 PM
I watched Alex Bell in high school, good kid. I don't seem him being an above average tight end, but maybe he'll surprise me. He had offers from FBS schools and UD but chose to go to ODU, now he's dropping back to West Chester. Hopefully it works out for him.

Looks like he is going from one school that will lose to UD to another school that will lose to UD (when does the West Chester series end - or does it?)

Keenan
July 21st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Why would the one kid realize now that he wanted to wrestle instead of playing football? Blows my mind!

MR. CHICKEN
July 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
Why would the one kid realize now that he wanted to wrestle instead of playing football? Blows my mind!

GIRLS.......IN.......LIME JELL-O!................................................ ................................................BR AWK!!

Sly Fox
July 21st, 2010, 09:46 PM
My favorite line from the article:

"It's nothing against ODU," said Bell, who is from Milford High in Delaware. "I just felt I'd be happier somewhere else."

Uh, Alex ... it kind of does sound like it is something against ODU if DII football would make you happier.

ngineer
July 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM
My favorite line from the article:

Uh, Alex ... it kind of does sound like it is something against ODU if DII football would make you happier.

Sounds to me like homesickness. WCU much closer to home. We've lost a few from out west over the years. The parents tell you it's homesickness, the kids won't admit it.

superman7515
July 22nd, 2010, 06:35 PM
I doubt it had anything to do with homesickness. Williamsburg is only a little over a 3 hour ride from his parents house, West Chester almost 2 hours, so it's not like the driving time distance is that big a difference.

superman7515
September 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
So after watching the Delaware vs West Chester game, I noticed that Alex wasn't there with the Rams. Checked the 2010 roster and he's not listed at all. Did he not leave ODU after all?