PDA

View Full Version : 2010 PRE-SEASON ALL CAA FOOTBALL SQUADS

jstclmet
July 20th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Part of the 2010 PRESEASON CAA YEARBOOK.

Offensive Player of the Year:
WR, Matt Sczur, Sr. Villanova

ALL CAA OFFENSE:
QB, Chris Whitney, Sr. Villanova
RB, John Griffin, Sr. UMass
RB, Jonathan Grimes, Jr. W&M
FB, Kendall Gaskins, So. Richmond
WR, Tre Gray, Jr. Richmond
WR, Kevin Grayson, Sr. Richmond
WR, Matt Szczur, Sr. Villanova
TE, Emil Igwenagu, Jr. UMass
OL, Brant Clouser, Sr. Villanova
OL, Keith Hill, Jr., Sr., W&M
OL, Ben Ijalana, Sr. Villanova
OL, Drew Lachenmayer, Sr. Richmond
OL, Theo Sherman, Sr. JMU

Special Teams:
RS, Matt Szczur, Sr. Villanova
K, Nick Yako, So. Villanova

Defensive Player of the Year:
LB, Terence Thomas, Sr. Villanova

ALL CAA DEFENSE:
DL, Ronnell Brown, Sr. JMU
DL, Yaky Ibia, Sr. Towson
DL, Brian McNally, Jr. UNH
DL, Martin Parker, Sr. Richmond
LB, Tyler Holmes, Jr. UMass
LB, Eric McBride, Sr. Richmond
LB, Terence Thomas, Sr. Villanova
LB, Jake Trantin, Sr. W&M
S, Anthony Bratton, Sr. Delaware
S, John Dempsey, Sr. Villanova
CB, Justin Rogers, Sr. Richmond
CB, Dino Vasso, Sr. UNH

Special Teams:
P, David Miller, Sr. W&M

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/FBMedia/10Guide/Pages16_17.pdf?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 20th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Looks pretty fair from my viewpoint. Richmond probably deserved Grayson or Gray at WR ... but probably not both.

I am surprised that JMU only has 2 players on the team.

bluehenbillk
July 20th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Seems AWFUL top-heavy. That's why they play the games though, right??

GannonFan
July 20th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Preseason lists are funny - even more worthless than preseason standings. Just take last year's post season list, remove any seniors, and fill in those blanks with the second or third teamers as necessary. You can do a preseason all-conference list the same time you do the post season all-conference list and just publish them at the same time.

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Preseason lists are funny - even more worthless than preseason standings. Just take last year's post season list, remove any seniors, and fill in those blanks with the second or third teamers as necessary. You can do a preseason all-conference list the same time you do the post season all-conference list and just publish them at the same time.

This is true. That said, if you handled it that way, how would you account for a guy like, say, Mark Duncan that has a good 8 months on hands in between November and Mid July? xlolx

bluehenbillk
July 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Mark Duncan? He was a SR last year, he's gone dude.

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 20th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Mark Duncan? He was a SR last year, he's gone dude.

Not sure you're catching my drift.

Let me try another way: If you did the Preseason teams in November like GannonFan suggests, how do you account for the fact that one of your kids on the November Preseason team might steal food from someone's fridge in the offseason and put their eligibility in jeopardy?

Ud1Hens
July 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Not sure you're catching my drift.

Let me try another way: If you did the Preseason teams in November like GannonFan suggests, how do you account for the fact that one of your kids on the November Preseason team might steal food from someone's fridge in the offseason and put their eligibility in jeopardy?

I get what you are saying but once again, the reference is wrong. That wasn't Mark Duncan. I'm not going to write the kid's name down because he's taken his fair share of embarrassment but it was a different individual, not Duncan.

The CAA this year will definitely have some surprises, the point is, too often preseason anything is a joke. Look at the top 25 this year...who finished there is more often than not in a similar position regardless of graduation/incoming talent/etc.

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 20th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I know that wasn't a Duncan transgression. He did have others.

I don't want to belabor the point. Everyone knows Pre-season (and postseason) teams, for that matter are pretty pointless. They do serve as decent fodder on a pointless message board in the middle of the summer.

State Line Liquors
July 20th, 2010, 09:43 PM
This is fun conversation. I'd like to throw a name up there for my preseason Coach Most Likely In Way Too Far Over His Head. xrulesx

NHwildEcat
July 20th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I know that wasn't a Duncan transgression. He did have others.

I don't want to belabor the point. Everyone knows Pre-season (and postseason) teams, for that matter are pretty pointless. They do serve as decent fodder on a pointless message board in the middle of the summer.

Post-season teams aren't as pointless as you may think. When selecting players for a post-season team you have an entire year of games to match that level of play too.

superman7515
July 20th, 2010, 09:59 PM
This is fun conversation. I'd like to throw a name up there for my preseason Coach Most Likely In Way Too Far Over His Head. xrulesx

Jim Zorn got fired. Although Shanahan may be in too far as long as Daniel Snyder owns the joint. =(

State Line Liquors
July 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM
Jim Zorn got fired. Although Shanahan may be in too far as long as Daniel Snyder owns the joint. =(

I had someone else in mind. He's got a baby face, very little experience coaching anything other than wide recievers, and lots and lots of holes to fill after graduating like 3/4ths of his starters this off season.

ur2k
July 21st, 2010, 08:02 AM

There's no reason to bring up Mike London anymore.

UNH Fanboi
July 21st, 2010, 08:17 AM
I had someone else in mind. He's got a baby face, very little experience coaching anything other than wide recievers, and lots and lots of holes to fill after graduating like 3/4ths of his starters this off season.

Well apparently he still has 1/3 of the best players in the conference on his team.

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 21st, 2010, 09:43 AM

I guess Ambrose of Towson would relish an opportunity to win somthing...

jmufan999
July 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM

you saw how long they gave Al Groh, right?

State Line Liquors
July 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM
I guess Ambrose of Towson would relish an opportunity to win somthing...

golf clap emoticon

CollegeObserver
July 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
Nice avatar, State Line, is that Tubby's 300th?